Attention LECOM class of 2005!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DOtobe

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Following Akron, Ohio's lead, I was wondering if any of you out there will be joining me at LECOM next year. If you are please post! I would like to know who some of my future classmates are going to be.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm not accepted (yet)! But LECOM is on the top of my list of schools. How did your interview go?

Hawkeye99,
I thought my interview went well when I interviewed at LECOM. They were really the nicest group of interviewers. I interviewed there a long time ago, at the end of September. I found out two weeks later that I got in. I hope that your interview went (or will go?) well and I will see you at LECOM next year!

Members don't see this ad :)
Just received my acceptance letter today!What a great Christmas gift!!!I still have not decided if i am going to go, i'm waiting to hear from 2 other schools, but i am very interested in LECOM!!maybe I'll see you next year..

When was your interview? I interviewed in November and still have not heard a thing. I'm hoping I'll be there with you all next year.

Originally posted by sporrt:
When was your interview? I interviewed in November and still have not heard a thing. I'm hoping I'll be there with you all next year.

I interviewed on December the 4th.

i will be attending LECOM in 2001 and am interested to see who else will be attending LECOM...please feel free to email if anyone has any questions about LECOM.

[email protected]

Can't wait to meet you next year, zorro21!

Well, got my answer today...THE BIG WAITLIST..congrats to all accepted.

Hey Sport,

I was accepted but I am declining LECOM in favor of PCSOM. (I love the mountains.)

So, perhaps that will open a slot up that you can fit into.

Best regards.

That's great news!! I hope I have the opportunity to fill a spot. If anyone has any idea how the whole "alternate" things works I'd appreciate some more info.

Well, from what I know of the operation of the local allopathic school (UT-Memphis), those applicant that are interviewed and not accepted or rejected are then rank ordered and put on a list. When all interviews have been concluded and acceptances offered, any remaining unfilled seats are offered to alternates, starting with no. 1 on the list and proceeding from there. People offered acceptances that don't attend create open seats & that increases the chances for alternates to be accepted. I do know that UT overfills the class somewhat, i.e. the accept 165 and usually offer about 200 acceptances, knowing that not all will attend.

Again, best of luck to you.

[This message has been edited by D.O. Tooby (edited 01-12-2001).]

sporrt-
I was on LECOM's "alternate list" last year, and when I asked about how the alternate list worked, the person told me that it is not ranked. When a spot becomes available, they review the files of everyone who has chosen to remain on the alternate list and make a selection that way. That's all I know about the list. Anyway, good luck to you and hopefully you will be one of my classmates at LECOM next year.

DOtobe,
Do you have any suggestions as to what to do if I don't get off? What did you do different this time around?

sporrt-
I did a couple things differently this time around. My grades were better this time around (I don't know if you are still in school-I graduated this past May), I retook the MCAT (which I hated to do, but I thought it might have been a weak point in my application), but the most important thing to do, I think, is to APPLY EARLY! I think that is really what made the difference for me. And I learned a lot more about the osteopathic philosophy than I knew the year before. But don't worry-there is still a chance for you this year! I hope this helps, and good luck!
P.S. Have you heard from anyone else besides LECOM?

Still waiting to here from PCOM And UMDNJSOM. My apps. have been complete since October, after my August scores came in. Anyway I probably will retake the MCAT since my second time still was only 8v,8p,7b, GPA 3.68. Well I keep waiting, thanks for your input.

Hi everyone! I will be matriculating this Fall at LECOM. I interviewed on Nov. 3rd and received an acceptance on Dec. 11th. Congratulations to all of those accepted. Anyone have info. about good areas to live in? Thanks.

This is my first entry and wanted to let those interested that I will be attending LECOM in the fall. I was waitlisted at NYCOM so I'm heading to Erie and I can't tell you how relieved I am. I'd like to hear from anyone who plans on attending in the fall.

To those of you planning on attending LECOM next fall, do you know if the school is going to have a reception or something so we can meet our future classmates before August? I would like to meet some of you in person before the first day of classes. If there is not going to be such a reception, I can't wait to meet you all in August!
smile.gif

(as you can see, I am really excited about attending LECOM!)