attire for anatomy lab?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ChiaPet312

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i've heard about the atrocious smells in anatomy lab.

what're you all planning to wear to lab? i'm wondering if i should invest in scrubs, but i don't want to be the only first-year dressed that way. old gym clothes? decisions, decisions. :/

Members don't see this ad.

We were just discussing this on the MCW thread.

An M2 suggested that we just wear a t-shirt and some jeans that we don't want anymore, and throw them out at the end of the year. I don't really have anything like that (somewhat of a fashion snob), so I'll probably pick up a pair of scrubs or cheap stuff at Goodwill.

At schools where I've seen people in anatomy lab, most of them wore scrubs and old sneakers. I've heard Yale has a scrub sale where students can buy used scrubs for anatomy. I imagine other schools do something similar. Or maybe you can just lift some scrubs from one of the hospitals. Either way, I think it's an appropriate outfit.

Members don't see this ad :)
Try to find out from people who go to your school. For example, at my school, the hospital provided scrubs and washed them for you, as well. None of us bought scrubs or wore old clothes because it was all free.