Attire Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DPTinthemaking15

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I feel like a dingus for asking this question, but I have nowhere left to turn lol. *Please note that I attempted to Google this question, but every blog/post talked about nonsense the whole time.

Anyways, my school sent this in an email “The attire for Monday is a jacket and tie for gentlemen and equivalent business dress attire for ladies.” Long story short, I don’t know if a jacket means a suit or sports jacket. Can I wear what I wore on the interview trail (suit)? I know it states business dress, but I don’t want to be the only dingus over dressed/underdressed

Members don't see this ad.

Based on that wording only, I think you'll be good with a suit or with a sports jacket/dress pants and a tie. Just don't go in a tux or without a tie. A suit would be the safest thing.

Reactions: 3 users
Based on that wording only, I think you'll be good with a suit or with a sports jacket/dress pants and a tie. Just don't go in a tux or without a tie. A suit would be the safest thing.

Thank you so much!

Members don't see this ad :)
If you’re going to err, always err on the side of slightly overdressed.

Reactions: 1 user
Based on the wording it sounds as though either is fine. If this is for your orientation, it’s likely for professional headshots. We did ours on the first day of orientation, so I think the shirt and tie are more important than jacket vs. suit. Nothing too loud is best, but no need to be boring either.

Also I’m a female so take all this with a grain of salt!

Your interview suit would be a safe bet. But mad props if your wear the Joker's suit.

Reactions: 1 users
Better to overdress than underdress. Your interview suit should be fine.

Reactions: 1 user
Not gonna lie, I'm a grown ass man that still doesn't know the difference between the two. I own one suit and if not for school it would be none. *Shrug*

Based on the wording it sounds as though either is fine. If this is for your orientation, it’s likely for professional headshots. We did ours on the first day of orientation, so I think the shirt and tie are more important than jacket vs. suit. Nothing too loud is best, but no need to be boring either.

Also I’m a female so take all this with a grain of salt!

Yup! It is for headshots. They said females have the option to wear a pantsuit or dress pants and a nice top.

Your interview suit would be a safe bet. But mad props if your wear the Joker's suit.
If they wouldn’t Dark Night my tale right out the door, I would 100% do it haha. I can see it now

Adcoms: “DPTinthemaking15, is there a reason you are wearing The Jokers suit?”

Me: “Everyone loses their minds.”

Not gonna lie, I'm a grown ass man that still doesn't know the difference between the two. I own one suit and if not for school it would be none. *Shrug*

I currently own two suits, and both are due to college and being forced to buy them lol. I remember going through the store clueless, but thankfully my wife has more fashion sense than I do lol.