ATTN: Everyone. Having One Semester of Bad Grades Will Not Kill You!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Doc of the Walk

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Everyone who has gotten a C, B or *gasp* an A- this semester calm down. These grades will not kill your chances. However, getting C's and below for consecutive semesters might.

So take a deep breath and stop making those threads like "OMFGGGG, I gotz a B this semester, am I screweddd!?!?!" People whose grades were worse than yours got in

/rant

Members don't see this ad.

Thumbs-up.jpg

Edit: And to anyone who bumps those threads with stuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuupid jokes like "Pack your sunscreen for the carribean"

YOU'RE NOT FUNNY! STOP BUMPING!

Members don't see this ad :)
I heard from my best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl said that those grades will end your chances. I guess it's pretty serious.

Edit: And to anyone who bumps those threads with stuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuupid jokes like "Pack your sunscreen for the carribean"

Dude, you're a vet? Your opinion doesn't count.

I have 5 C's so far at a community college...oh well I am still keeping my hopes up for medical school.

I have 5 C's so far at a community college...oh well I am still keeping my hopes up for medical school.

Yeah... you probably should be packing your sunscreen actually.

I can't even use words to adequately describe how much I agree with this, so here's a picture of a cat pushing a watermelon out of a lake.

5144509012_0576624f16.jpg

Meh. I had a 1.6 year with fs and cs galore. I had lots of MD acceptances (5+) out of 17 schools I applied. I applied wisely but more importantly I had 4 years of 3.9+ years. It's not too late but you just have to remember that you didn't make the mess you're in overnight and you aren't going to get out of it overnight. A safe bet is at least one year of consecutive 4.0ish for every bad year.

Exactly. The only time it is too late is when you are dead, so stop b*tching about your one B- in a sea of A's

I can't even use words to adequately describe how much I agree with this, so here's a picture of a cat pushing a watermelon out of a lake.

5144509012_0576624f16.jpg

+1
And to the tread in general +1 million

Yeah... you probably should be packing your sunscreen actually.

I still have one more year of community college. I have faith that I can pull it off. I'm done playing the negative aspect of life. Its time to kick my ass into gear and get those A's.

This is clearly just SDN members way of cutting down on the competition by spreading the belief that sub A grades are ok.

I'm not fooled.

This is clearly just SDN members way of cutting down on the competition by spreading the belief that sub A grades are ok.

I'm not fooled.

Stay informed, fight the good fight!

It just became really annoying seeing countless threads of people (mostly freshman) scarred to death about that one bad semester that they had. If the average gpa of matriculating students was 3.6 then they OBVIOUSLY had a couple B's in there, maybe even C's or lower

I'm not fooled.

Stay informed, fight the good fight!

It just became really annoying seeing countless threads of people (mostly freshman) scarred to death about that one bad semester that they had. If the average gpa of matriculating students was 3.6 then they OBVIOUSLY had a couple B's in there, maybe even C's or lower

Not to go into gunner mode, but I don't think the OP's post is necessarily true. It is if you're just aiming to get into A medical school. Getting multiple Bs or B+s isn't going to work if you're trying to get into top schools. Obviously there are a lot of other factors to take into account, but you're more than likely not getting into top schools with a sub 3.4-3.5 (a B+ average at my alma mater) unless you're an URM or otherwise have a compelling application. Even getting into MD schools generally is more difficult with that GPA.

But I agree with the sentiment about derps asking if they can still get into medical school because they got a B+ in astronomy. That's annoying.