Attn fourth years: SAM or clerkship experience?

Started by chiis
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

chiis

New Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For any of you fourth years who have matched an Air Force residency (or are about to) in PEDS or Family or IM this question is for you...
I have three more ADT's to do by the time I graduate. I am now a second year, trying to set up my rotations for third year.
Do you think SAM would look better on a CV than a third base clerkship at my third choice base? In order to do the third ADT I have to do it this fiscal year, which will place it exactly one year before I apply for a residency spot. Will it help me out to do a clerkship that far in advance? Or would it be better for me to go to SAM this June?

Thanks for the information.

Lt.
 
Clerkship looks better than SAM, SAM is easier than clerkship. A bigger issue is that you probably have nothing to do this summer, whereas you'll have a lot going as third and fourth year. So get that ADT out of the way and get a little extra cash on the way.