Au.D. Program Interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aud20doc10

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone received an interview for an Au.D. program?

Any tips for students starting the interview process?

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone received an interview for an Au.D. program?

Any tips for students starting the interview process?

I interview Friday at UNC. I'll let you know how it went when I get back in town. I know a couple others have mentioned interviewing on here. Someone interviewing with Nova sticks out in my mind.

I interview Friday at UNC. I'll let you know how it went when I get back in town. I know a couple others have mentioned interviewing on here. Someone interviewing with Nova sticks out in my mind.

All the best on Friday!
Although I didnt get an interview to UNC, I am hoping you do amazing as it is a great school :)

Keep us updated!

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed at Nova and got in, but as far as I know that's the only school I applied to (out of ten) that does interviews.

Audie2014- I applied and interviewed at Nova as well. Did you interview recently?

A.T. Still University also does interviews.

Did you apply there? Have you received notice of an interview?

Thanks- if not, sorry for jumping the gun! Good luck to all

Yeah I applied there last year. I received a notice mid February.

I had my interview at UNC today. It was rather informal. 6 15-minute interviews with faculty as more of a get to know you, let you get to know us type thing. I really enjoyed the visit. We also got to tour campus and facilities with current students and pick their brains as well. One of the things I like most is that most if not all the faculty are still active clinically. I have been seeing separate classroom and clinical faculty at most programs I have looked at. Obviously, UNC has a lot more clinical preceptors that don't teach in the classrooms, but I think it is neat that they are staying active in the profession.

CMC271: thanks so much for your information and good luck with the admissions process :)

-aud20doc10

I had my interview at UNC today. It was rather informal. 6 15-minute interviews with faculty as more of a get to know you, let you get to know us type thing. I really enjoyed the visit. We also got to tour campus and facilities with current students and pick their brains as well. One of the things I like most is that most if not all the faculty are still active clinically. I have been seeing separate classroom and clinical faculty at most programs I have looked at. Obviously, UNC has a lot more clinical preceptors that don't teach in the classrooms, but I think it is neat that they are staying active in the profession.

Awesome I applied there! I have not heard anything yet- :/ Did you end up going to At.Still?

Thanks!

No, I ended up choosing Nova. They seemed like they had a good program though.:) What other schools have you applied to?

Members don't see this ad :)
Auburn had interviews last week, which I didn't go to, and university of
Iowa has interviews this week by phone or on campus.

I had my Ball State interviews last friday (Feb 19th). It was very similar to what cmc271 experienced. Very informal. Tour around the facilities, meetings with the dept. head and then the clinical director. Then the interview was just getting to know each other. Four different faculty members asking questions about personality and hobbies. And of course the "what is your biggest weakness" question. They were all so friendly and helpful. Now, more waiting. But I'd imagine most interviews to be casual, they already have your transcripts and letter of intent, they just want to meet you.

for your interviews, did you guys wear a suit?

There were three guys (myself included) at my interview and we wore the spectrum. One guy wore slacks and shirt/tie, another guy had on a blazer and tie, and I had on a black suit. The girls had everything from skirts and blouses to pantsuits and skirt suits.

I finally received notice about an interview!! AT Still contacted me and I will have an interview in march!!!

I have an interview with Arizona State March 22! I am practicing answering questions and researching the interviewers so that I can prepare questions for them.

for people who have had interviews, have you been getting into those programs?

for people who have had interviews, have you been getting into those programs?

I got waitlisted at UNC where I interviewed. I was accepted at two programs I visited that did not require interviews.

WOO HOO! I have an interview with AT STILL!!! Soooo happy right now :soexcited::soexcited::soexcited::clap::highfive:

I have an interview at AT Still as well!! good luck all!!

Its funny that you bring this up because we had a funny discussion on this...the professor that does the interviews said that most people do not wear suits. She said it was funny that she could go into the interview lobby and scope out the interviewees and figure out which ones were going for their AuD and which ones where there for their D.O. She said it was the girls that were dressed the cutest and the guys that were not wearing suits. :laugh:

I have an interview with Arizona State March 22! I am practicing answering questions and researching the interviewers so that I can prepare questions for them.

I am interviewing at ASU on March 26th! Please let me know how it goes!!! I'm so nervous! One of the interviewers has a 12 page resume! It's so intimidating. Good luck and congrats!!! Is ASU your first choice?

Last edited:
Hey! I was wondering if you had you interview yet and if so how did it go?

My interview is next week. I have no idea how it will go, but im sure it will go well. I have a friend who interviewed last year so that helps! Good luck to ALL!!