-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Au.D. Program Interviews
Started by aud20doc10
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Has anyone received an interview for an Au.D. program?
Any tips for students starting the interview process?
I interview Friday at UNC. I'll let you know how it went when I get back in town. I know a couple others have mentioned interviewing on here. Someone interviewing with Nova sticks out in my mind.
I interview Friday at UNC. I'll let you know how it went when I get back in town. I know a couple others have mentioned interviewing on here. Someone interviewing with Nova sticks out in my mind.
All the best on Friday!
Although I didnt get an interview to UNC, I am hoping you do amazing as it is a great school 🙂
Keep us updated!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Audie2014- I applied and interviewed at Nova as well. Did you interview recently?
A.T. Still University also does interviews.
Did you apply there? Have you received notice of an interview?
Thanks- if not, sorry for jumping the gun! Good luck to all
Did you apply there? Have you received notice of an interview?
Thanks- if not, sorry for jumping the gun! Good luck to all
Yeah I applied there last year. I received a notice mid February.
Yeah I applied there last year. I received a notice mid February.
Awesome I applied there! I have not heard anything yet- :/ Did you end up going to At.Still?
Thanks!
I had my interview at UNC today. It was rather informal. 6 15-minute interviews with faculty as more of a get to know you, let you get to know us type thing. I really enjoyed the visit. We also got to tour campus and facilities with current students and pick their brains as well. One of the things I like most is that most if not all the faculty are still active clinically. I have been seeing separate classroom and clinical faculty at most programs I have looked at. Obviously, UNC has a lot more clinical preceptors that don't teach in the classrooms, but I think it is neat that they are staying active in the profession.
CMC271: thanks so much for your information and good luck with the admissions process 🙂
-aud20doc10
-aud20doc10
I had my interview at UNC today. It was rather informal. 6 15-minute interviews with faculty as more of a get to know you, let you get to know us type thing. I really enjoyed the visit. We also got to tour campus and facilities with current students and pick their brains as well. One of the things I like most is that most if not all the faculty are still active clinically. I have been seeing separate classroom and clinical faculty at most programs I have looked at. Obviously, UNC has a lot more clinical preceptors that don't teach in the classrooms, but I think it is neat that they are staying active in the profession.
Awesome I applied there! I have not heard anything yet- :/ Did you end up going to At.Still?
Thanks!
No, I ended up choosing Nova. They seemed like they had a good program though.🙂 What other schools have you applied to?
I had my Ball State interviews last friday (Feb 19th). It was very similar to what cmc271 experienced. Very informal. Tour around the facilities, meetings with the dept. head and then the clinical director. Then the interview was just getting to know each other. Four different faculty members asking questions about personality and hobbies. And of course the "what is your biggest weakness" question. They were all so friendly and helpful. Now, more waiting. But I'd imagine most interviews to be casual, they already have your transcripts and letter of intent, they just want to meet you.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I wore a shirt and tie with a cosby sweater.
for your interviews, did you guys wear a suit?
There were three guys (myself included) at my interview and we wore the spectrum. One guy wore slacks and shirt/tie, another guy had on a blazer and tie, and I had on a black suit. The girls had everything from skirts and blouses to pantsuits and skirt suits.
I finally received notice about an interview!! AT Still contacted me and I will have an interview in march!!!
I have an interview with Arizona State March 22! I am practicing answering questions and researching the interviewers so that I can prepare questions for them.
for people who have had interviews, have you been getting into those programs?
I got waitlisted at UNC where I interviewed. I was accepted at two programs I visited that did not require interviews.
WOO HOO! I have an interview with AT STILL!!! Soooo happy right now 









I have an interview at AT Still as well!! good luck all!!
You too! I wonder what it will be like? The dean sounds really nice! What school are you leaning towards the most?I have an interview at AT Still as well!! good luck all!!
You too! I wonder what it will be like? The dean sounds really nice! What school are you leaning towards the most?
AT Still is my #1 choice, how bout you!?
AT Still is my #1 choice, how bout you!?
I like it a lot but I would like to visit first to see the facilities, but I have heard good things thus far 👍
for your interviews, did you guys wear a suit?
Its funny that you bring this up because we had a funny discussion on this...the professor that does the interviews said that most people do not wear suits. She said it was funny that she could go into the interview lobby and scope out the interviewees and figure out which ones were going for their AuD and which ones where there for their D.O. She said it was the girls that were dressed the cutest and the guys that were not wearing suits.

I have an interview at AT Still as well!! good luck all!!
Hey! I was wondering if you had you interview yet and if so how did it go?
I have an interview with Arizona State March 22! I am practicing answering questions and researching the interviewers so that I can prepare questions for them.
I am interviewing at ASU on March 26th! Please let me know how it goes!!! I'm so nervous! One of the interviewers has a 12 page resume! It's so intimidating. Good luck and congrats!!! Is ASU your first choice?
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey! I was wondering if you had you interview yet and if so how did it go?
My interview is next week. I have no idea how it will go, but im sure it will go well. I have a friend who interviewed last year so that helps! Good luck to ALL!!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 3K
- Locked
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 7K