Auburn University/ HSOP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

iisolja

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone applying to Auburn this cycle?

Members don't see this ad.

I am! What are your stats? I really want to go there but I'm having trouble fulfilling one of their requirements.

What requirement if you don't mind me asking!?

GPA = 3.3
Will have bachelors degree at the end of this fall in Public Health, and minor in Biology.
Taking PCAT in September.

I actually went and visited the campus and had a mock interview Wednesday.
I was quite impressed.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello! I am a P1 at Auburn University HSOP this year. Feel free to let me know if you have any questions about the interview process or the program!

Thanks Jenna! How are you liking it so far?!

I currently know a couple of P1s and a P2 that graduated from school.

I am applying! Still need to submit supplemental. My stats are 3.3 GPA, 92% composite on PCAT

Nice, good luck! I actually have interview next month, pretty excited.

Thanks! Keep me updated on your application. Hopefully you will get an interview as well. But looking at your stats, you should get one no doubt !
I wish more people who are applying this cycle would reply to this thread.

Hello! Can anyone, perhaps Jenna, comment whether it is possible to change an interview date at Auburn? Mine is Nov. 12th and it is the day when I have 2 of my classes.

Congrats,! Question though. A pharmacy school interview is quite important, I'm sure you would be fine if you emailed or talked to your instructor about the situation. I don't see why it would be a problem?

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats,! Question though. A pharmacy school interview is quite important, I'm sure you would be fine if you emailed or talked to your instructor about the situation. I don't see why it would be a problem?

I am with you there, but the problem is that I have another interview on the 15th and in my master's program it is a pretty big deal to be missing classes. I will have to figure it out, but right now I just need to know if it is possible to change the date. I will probably call the admissions to find out.

Can anyone tell me how the interviews work at Auburn? I just fulfilled the requirement so I'm going to submit my app!

Well I got accepted! Anyone else going to Auburn!?!

Anyone going to the Mobile campus next year?

Last edited:
@Bows. Hey. About the interview process at Auburn HSOP. (Harrison School of Pharmacy).

They will email you asking to come and visit the campus for a tour and interview if they deem your application to be competitive. If you receive this email, you must accept/deny the invitation to an interview. On the interview day you must be there at 08:30 and the process ends at 15:30 in the afternoon.

This time consists of a small group "ethics evaluation" where you and 3 or 4 other students are in a group and you guys must discuss solutions to some serious decision-making scenarios. Lunch is then given. Then you will meet the dean and associate dean. Then a tour of the campus will be given and the interviews will take place. The interviewers consists of a faculty member and a current pharmacy student from HSOP. Next you can ask current students about the school, housing, or other aspects of HSOP. That is the interview day.

I can not and will not go into details about the interview itself. Just be yourself.

I interviewed Feb. 18, got my acceptance email on Feb. 19 at 4:51 am. I have got to say that this school has got to be the fastest at sending out acceptance letters.

Lol yes they are! I think thats a good thing though in my opinion. Did you accept? Or do you have other schools that you are considering?

Lol yes they are! I think thats a good thing though in my opinion. Did you accept? Or do you have other schools that you are considering?

I just declined. I have received 2 other offers from schools that are in-state for me. I really like Auburn but it is too far from my state. I hope to make someone's day with a seat being open by me! :)

I just had my interview a few weeks ago and was deferred. I emailed them and they said my interview went very well but that they were worried about my last few semesters. i told them i was taking a few 300/400 level science classes this semester that i would get As in. what do you think my realistic chances are?

I just had my interview a few weeks ago and was deferred. I emailed them and they said my interview went very well but that they were worried about my last few semesters. i told them i was taking a few 300/400 level science classes this semester that i would get As in. what do you think my realistic chances are?

I'm deferred too. Who did you emailed? I want to find out the reason for my deferral too.