AUC, SABA Students

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ilovechocolate2

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am an international student in the US who has been accepted to medical school in both AUC and Saba. It will be cool if students from any school can give me advice on how the school is. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

You should try visiting valuemd. It's a forum for the Caribbean schools with specific threads for each school so your best bet of getting actual information about AUC and SABA should start there.

Reactions: 2 users
You need to realize that AUC and Saba are very very different schools, both in a standpoint of academics, class sizes, campus size, and location. Saba is cheaper, but hard to get to, and stuck on a little remote island. I've heard some bad things about the teaching at Saba from current students (basically, teach yourself)... AUC is on a much more developed island, easier to get to, and a better reputation/more well known with residency programs. Just do your research, they're really different schools.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Recent AUC grad here. We just had one of the best match days in the history of the school. Not sure about Saba but in general Ross/AUC/SGU have better reputations than any other carib school as I noticed on the interview trail this match cycle. If you have any specific questions feel free to PM me.

I have friends at Saba that are very happy too. I just think the resources are more abundant for AUC as well as much easier living on a very Americanized island.

Reactions: 2 users
You should try visiting valuemd. It's a forum for the Caribbean schools with specific threads for each school so your best bet of getting actual information about AUC and SABA should start there.

Valuemd is basically dead. It was pretty active when I was going to AUC (2009-2013), but it's been essentially lifeless for a few years now. I'm not sure where that activity has gone, maybe here, maybe social media.

As for OP's question: AUC is bigger in every way (class sizes, island, clinical/residency footprint), but not as big as SGU/Ross. Is it better? I don't know. I picked AUC over Saba, but at the time I couldn't get federal loans for Saba so that made it pretty easy. It worked out well for me. There are a number of regular concern trolls here that should be ignored, but make sure you know the risks and have exhausted all opportunities for a US school first.

Reactions: 1 user