• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

rsaab1234

10+ Year Member
Jan 25, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
After speaking with an academic advisor, I was informed that 85% of AUC graduates pass their step 1 boards. Does anybody think this is valid? If so, why don't more people save money and go to AUC? The reason I am asking this is because I am seriously considering going there. However, before I do I'd like to get some more advise about the school. Thanks for the help everybody :)

SabaMed

10+ Year Member
Sep 9, 2006
Status (Visible)
After speaking with an academic advisor, I was informed that 85% of AUC graduates pass their step 1 boards. Does anybody think this is valid? If so, why don't more people save money and go to AUC? The reason I am asking this is because I am seriously considering going there. However, before I do I'd like to get some more advise about the school. Thanks for the help everybody :)

AUC has always done a good job with the boards. The other real positive in picking AUC is that St. Maarten is a great island to be on as far as entertainment and food supply, in fact if I had a family I would choose AUC. They also have an excellent placement process for clinicals and they have federal student loans.

The only downsides are tuition in what I consider alot compared to some and lots of distractions go with living on such a popular island for tourism.

mletter

It's all in the reflexes
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Nov 10, 2005
Colorado
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
AUC has always done a good job with the boards. The other real positive in picking AUC is that St. Maarten is a great island to be on as far as entertainment and food supply, in fact if I had a family I would choose AUC. They also have an excellent placement process for clinicals and they federal student loans.

The only downsides are tuition in what I consider alot compared to some and lots of distractions go with living on such a popular island for tourism.

What is the total tuition for the school? I thought the whole thing was about 100k?

About the Ads

ocwaveoc

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Jan 15, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Hey guys
If I were to goto a Caribbean school, SGU and AUG would be my choices. This is what I've found out so far. SGU willl cost me $250K by the time I graduate (tuition, room/board etc...I'll be financing 100%) while AUG is likely to cost in the 200K level. However, when I looked at their residency list, they were very comparable. So, I'm leaning more towards AUG if it came down to going to a Caribbean school. What is your thought?

DRWHY

10+ Year Member
Jan 23, 2007
Status (Visible)
I think, it depends on how much debdt you are willing to live with plus what speciality you would like to persue.
If you want to end up with as less debdt as possible after going to Caribbean, go to SABA because SABA is at the same level as AUC and ROSS, but on a much safer island plus costs a lot less.
On the other hand, if you would like to have more chances of specializig go to SGU although you most likely end up with a huge loan.

oldpro

MS IV
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 3, 2006
Somewhere in the Colon (Any rotation)
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
If the average debt load of MD grads is over 100k as reported then how much debt load do US grads really carry? MY understanding is around 120k so my 180k when I'm done looks like just a little more over all. ( remember too Homes now range from over 200k to 500k plus in major Urban areas so Med school return is still much greater then this plus satisfaction factor)

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.