Audio for rotations

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yl99

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wandering if any one can recomend and good audio for third year rotaions, I have a long commutes and wanted to be somewhat productive, and thought on Goldstandard IM was any good....and thoughts would appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

I'd love to hear about this as well..I've heard the options are: Gold Standard, Golgan Step 2 lectures, and Kaplan lectures (video?). I would love to hear some feedback about these options as far as rotations and Step 2 goes.

Thanks

Goljan has lectures for step 2, but I didn't think they are quite as complete as for step 1 and the audio is pretty bad. Kaplan does have subject lectures for step 2. I have been using them for the shelf exams and found them helpful. You have to play them on a compter though.

if you know how to manipulate the files for Kaplan you can get it into mp3 format and those are definitely helpful during third year. I went through most of those with my rotations.

also check into itunes for some of the podcasts, there are some medical ones from reputable sources that will review topics that can be very helpful during third year. another good site is The Medkast (google it), some guy reviews a chapter from a book and gives you the main points with a brief quiz at the end. he hasn't updated it in a while but the info that is there is helpful.

do a search on the forums here as some people have listed some great podcasts as well.

finally, you probably got a cd of heart sounds when you purchased your stethoscope, it might be helpful to convert to mp3 and listen to that while on medicine/cardio.

J