AUDIO or VIDEO PM&R Resources

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MSK

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Stinky, Drusso, etc

Do you know of any audio or Video tape sets that are useful for PM&R. I have several easy elective months during internship and would like to get a little headstart.

Topics of interest would include: Musculoskeletal Exam, Neuro Exam, Neuro and Musculoskeletal Anatomy, General Rehab information, etc.

Thanks in advance!

MSK

Members don't see this ad.

I too am interested in hearing the answer to this.

I don't have any video or audio tapes that would be useful for PM&R. A couple of my favorite books are:

1. Image-Guided Spine Intervention by Fenton. I wouldn't get this book unless you want to do Interventional Spine Procedures. Even if you don't, you still might find this book useful if you think you might refer people for these procedures in the future.

2. Musculoskeletal MRI by Kaplan.

3. Orthopaedic Knowledge Update: Spine 2 by NASS.

4. Clinical Anatomy of the Lumbar Spine and Sacrum by Bogduk.

5. Orthopedic Physical Assessment by Magee. I think it's a good reference book to have and a lot of people will recommend this book to you. Our program bought this book for us.

There are a few other books that I like, but they are really expensive and I just read it when I'm at the library. Don't underestimate the value of a good review article too -- especially since it's free! Send me a private message with your e-mail and I'll send you a list of what some consider to be the essential articles in PM&R. I just ordered a few other books and I'll let you about them when I get a chance to read them.

Members don't see this ad :)
hey stinky,

any chance you could list some of those articles on this forum?

(I don't mean the actual full text, just titles/source or links or something).

If not, no sweat....I'll send you a pm

Thanks!

only 3 more months as a tern!!!!! :clap:

There are too many on the list and I don't know how to cut and paste from the PDF file. I'll e-mail you a copy of the list. If someone knows how to cut and paste from a PDF file, perhaps they can post the articles here.

Mxk,

Did you use this tape set yourself? How good are these tapes? Are they suitable for an intern with only a few months experience with PM&R? I appreciate the link and may have found a way to get them used for cheap.

Thank you,
MSK

I didn't use them. They are a bit pricey and a bit old. If a new set come out, I might splurge...

MXK

Saunder's visual guide to muskuloskeletal assessment: comprehensive video presentations by Baxter
isbn: 0721608515