August 15th vs. September 3rd MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TejasMed2009

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know there are other threads on this but none too recent. I am applying for the 2009 cycle. Right now I am planning on taking TPR from 7/16-8/14 and then taking the 8/15 MCAT. I am starting to get a little worried though that I will not have enough time to study. I will be finishing up class at the end of June. Which would leave me all of July and half of August to study, the absolutely only other thing I will be doing during July and August is volunteering 10 hrs a week at a hospital...but I am just worried I won't have enough time to study.

My other option is to finish class in June. Start studying for the MCAT by my self in July and volunteer a lot at the beginning of July. I could then take the 7/24-8/28 PR and the 9/3 MCAT.

I plan on having my application submitted by July 15th with out my MCAT scores regardless of which option I choose. I have been practicing a little and doing fairly well so I am confident (kind of, as much as I can be) that I will do OK either way. The 2cnd way just is lower stress. So, seeing as my application will be submitted, will an extra 2 weeks matter too much on sending in my MCAT scores? Which would be best? Thanks, just kind of stressing since I need to decide by the end of this week and can not make up my mind.

Members don't see this ad.