August 2014 DAT GROUP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tooth knockn

Treat others how you want to be treated
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Yep that's right, if July ppl get one, August ppl get one too....

August 13 is my test date.

I'm studying Orgo and gen chem for the next 2 weeks

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm bringing destroyer and feralis notes with me!
I'm hoping to do some qvault tests as well.
We're going to the beach, so I will be religiously reading feralis and doing destroyer at the hotel.

I couldn't do it...

My exam is the 13....

Test is on 22nd. How comfortable are you supposed to be with the material by now? I think Gen Chem and Bio are doable..but its been awhile with Ochem for me and I haven't really studied the different reactions >< Should I start doing PAT everyday and Math? I also suck at RC, so not sure how much I can improve over the next 3 weeks.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, I would highly suggest you start doing a PAT test every day or at the minimum every other day. Just put aside like 20 minutes a day if you can't and do some questions from the generators. I started out with a score of 16 on CDP and eventually made it as high as 22. On bootcamp the highest I made was 20, and the lowest was 18. I improved my scores by constantly practicing every day.

Taking the test August 12th, recently been going through cliffs + anki cards. Good luck my fellow August troopers!

Hey guys! I'm taking my test Aug 8th (eek!) and plan to the 2009 ADA test on Sunday. I was just wonder if anyone knows where to find the score conversion chart? Do we just use the 2007 one or is there an updated chart?

I'm not going to focus at all on my 2009 score, either going to make me overconfident, or underconfident, neither of which will help me do well on the real one haha. I think an approximation should be enough.

Attachments

• dat_estimate_score (2).pdf
    67.7 KB · Views: 56
Taking mine end of august. Just want to get it done before my Masters Program starts but I feel like I'm forgetting things that I wasn't having trouble with earlier. I want to be DONE already

I'm with you bro! Pushed myself through the 10 Qvaults and 4 BC for GC/OC, but so many time throughout I'm like wtf I thought I had this down cold.

Mines August 8th. I keep getting 18-19 on the chems in qvault. Do you guys know if it's harder than the dat like Bootcamp?

These three ppl and many others have kindly given comparisons b/w QV, BC, and their actual DAT scores.
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/breakdown-7-7-2014-22aa-22ts-21pat.1083913/
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/6-28-13-dat-breakdown-how-i-got-a-28-aa.1016549/
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/dat-complete-27-aa-26-ts.1063101/
I haven't taken the DAT yet, but QV gen chem seems easier, and QV ochem seems harder. Remember dental schools don't look at your practice scores, so just learn from your mistakes and focus on being prepared for the real one!

Last edited:
Hello guys, I am taking DAT August 28th !!
I went through kaplan blue book and destroyer and then took the 5 tests of achiever and I am not happy with my results in science at all. mostly in ochem part I didnt do good. I never studied Chads video or bootcamp or top score. Which one of these should I go through? or all of them?? I want to do the destroyer and achiever one more time, should I study chads video for chemistry and bootcamp for tests? Which one is better; bootcamp or topscore?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello guys, I am taking DAT August 28th !!
I went through kaplan blue book and destroyer and then took the 5 tests of achiever and I am not happy with my results in science at all. mostly in ochem part I didnt do good. I never studied Chads video or bootcamp or top score. Which one of these should I go through? or all of them?? I want to do the destroyer and achiever one more time, should I study chads video for chemistry and bootcamp for tests? Which one is better; bootcamp or topscore?

First do chads for both chemistry, take notes and so quiZes after each video. This should take 1-1.5 weeks of straight studying.

And do boot camp simultaneously to check where your standing in certain topic.

what tooth knockn said. Go through every chad's unit of chem one at a time (7 total I think). This took me about 3-4 days. Afterwards I took the bootcamp gen chem tests

I took the Kaplan online course and I personally thought Chad's quizzes were better. Good luck to everyone on their upcoming exams!

Just got done taking my DAT! I just posted a breakdown. Good luck to everyone else! :)
Be sure to reward yourself when you're done! I'm taking a long nap haha

TS22/AA22/PAT21

Thought I'd join the conversation! Taking my test on August 24th, which also happens to be my birthday. Hoping for good vibes on that day!

Bootcamp scores

Bio Test1/test2/test3/test4/test5
23/21/22/19/24

GC
25/18/30/23/20

OC
18/19/18/21/19

You guys think I should sign up for my DAT and take it?

Bootcamp scores

Bio Test1/test2/test3/test4/test5
23/21/22/19/24

GC
25/18/30/23/20

OC
18/19/18/21/19

You guys think I should sign up for my DAT and take it?

Why is your GC score fluctuating so much?

I think if you can get your GC at a solid mid-20's, which seems highly possible, I would take it soon! Looks like your other scores are consistent...

I have one more week!!!!

What to do!!!

I'm feeling the heat!!!

I got less than two weeks now and I'm in between freaked out and worn out... so I'm not really sure what to do at this point but I'm trying to finish destroyer again and maybe I'll have some time to redo some of chad's quizzes and bootcamp tests. What are you guys doing at this point??

finishing up destroyer bio, then will fast play GC and OC another time + review all mistakes/quiz the last 4 days before the test.

you can do it! only two more weeks of studying, might as well make it count :clap:

Same here, mines next monday!! What are you doing this final week to prep for this exam?

Tomorrow I'm going to do a mock exam.

Dat destroyer bio
30 minutes, 40questions, at random.

dat destroyer gchem
30minutes, 30 questions

Dat destroyer ochem
30minutes, 30 questions

15 min break

RC crack dat pat

PAT- bootcamp

QR dat destroyer
45minutes, 40 questions.

30 minute break

And review the rest of the day...

What do you think?

Should I add more breaks? In between each topic?

Im going over all of Destroyer, Math Destroyer, all 5 bootcamp tests for Bio, Chem, and Ochem, Chads quizes and ferralis within one week. Aiming for a 22+ so I hope all of this is worth it!

Im going over all of Destroyer, Math Destroyer, all 5 bootcamp tests for Bio, Chem, and Ochem, Chads quizes and ferralis within one week. Aiming for a 22+ so I hope all of this is worth it!

Hmmmm looks good....

What do you think of my study plan for tomorrow?

Hmmmm looks good....

What do you think of my study plan for tomorrow?
It looks good but I wouldn't be using Destroyer for practice tests. Maybe for chem and ochem its ok but for bio... most of the answers are "all above is true" and the questions are not similar to the DAT. Its more a learning tool where you memorize facts. Why not use Bootcamp? or 2007 sample test?

Tomorrow I'm going to do a mock exam.

Dat destroyer bio
30 minutes, 40questions, at random.

dat destroyer gchem
30minutes, 30 questions

Dat destroyer ochem
30minutes, 30 questions

15 min break

RC crack dat pat

PAT- bootcamp

QR dat destroyer
45minutes, 40 questions.

30 minute break

And review the rest of the day...

What do you think?

Should I add more breaks? In between each topic?

Keep that. That's how the test functions, it's probably best to practice what you'll actually be doing.

My studying:

I test August 20. I've taken thorough notes on Barron's and Cliff's, and taken notes on Chad's GC/OC/Math.
Each day I'm now going through Chad's quizzes until I understand every concept, then doing 1 practice PAT (I have CDP and BC), then spending 1 hour reviewing bio.

Every 4-5 days I'm doing another BC test to track progress and review concepts...
Test 1: Bio: 19, GC: 23, OC: 16 (yikes), PAT: 17 (no prior practice), RC: 18, QR: 19

I'm going to try the study plan as it is....

Thank you guys....

This study thing for a big test is not easy, so many unknown variables, except one,

The hope and expectation that the actual exam is less difficult than these practice study materials....

Also check out your test center if you can! I went there last week to check it out. The board is laminated pink w/ ~1cm grid boxes, and the marker looks like a thin tip permanent sharpie. Also my site does not allow writing during the tutorial, so I'm hoping the sciences don't bog me down :nailbiting:

Last edited:
I'm 11 days from my test. :eek: My plan is to redo all of chad's quizzes for GC/OC, take the section 5 tests of bootcamp, and then both ADA practice exams. I'm also going through math destroyer for a second time.

What do you guys do to take a break? I would often take a break by bothering my sister.

What?

How old are you?

If you are a male specie,
Do push-ups, sit-ups and couple curls and squats

If the female specie....
Maybe gossip, color nails, or abs

If you are a 5yr old,
Bother your sibling.

Also check out your test center if you can! I went there last week to check it out. The board is laminated pink w/ ~1cm grid boxes, and the marker looks like a thin tip permanent sharpie. Also my site does not allow writing during the tutorial, so I'm hoping the sciences don't bog me down :nailbiting:

I was worried too. I took the exam this morning and if you've been practicing with a timer (like in Bootcamp), you can finish the Natural Science section with a lot of time to spare. Biology is basically a you-know-or-you-dont section. So you pretty much breeze through it. General Chemistry is the section that will probably take up the most time. Again, if you use Bootcamp you've probably mastered how to approach problems in a limited time frame. Organic Chemistry is mostly reactions but they're really straightforward so they don't take up a lot of time. I spent the most time on a resonance problem in OC but that was always my weakest point. By the time I was done, I managed to review all of my marked questions (trust me there were a bit) and I still had 5 minutes to spare. Plenty of time to draw the grid lines and charts.

I see, thanks! NowI just have to hope the computer doesn't crash halfway through the the test like the other person's did.

uhhhh Aug. 19th for me, so a good 2 weeks left.... i've actually never thought about buying any of Chads videos because with the kaplan course + dat destroyer books i thought it was way to much money to even consider other resources... but now i'm second guessing and even more so because it seems to be that chad's videos are good.... should i bother purchasing :S

Hey, Newbie Here…
I am following SDN for few weeks but joined recently.
Taking DAT on Aug 23rd.

Three more days and I will be done reviewing all the sections.

Then I will have about 2 weeks left. I am planning to go over DAT Destroyer twice
Math Destroyer once. Do you think it will be possible in 2 weeks?

Should I buy BC or destroyer will be just fine?

Also, How beneficial are roadmaps for orgo? Should I memorize them?

Hey, Newbie Here…
I am following SDN for few weeks but joined recently.
Taking DAT on Aug 23rd.

Three more days and I will be done reviewing all the sections.

Then I will have about 2 weeks left. I am planning to go over DAT Destroyer twice
Math Destroyer once. Do you think it will be possible in 2 weeks?

Should I buy BC or destroyer will be just fine?

Also, How beneficial are roadmaps for orgo? Should I memorize them?

I would definitely buy bootcamp. You should be able to complete all the tests with the time you have left

Is it ok to use bootcamp tests as a study guide?

For example is it ok to redo the prescribe tests to learn?

Is it ok to use bootcamp tests as a study guide?

For example is it ok to redo the prescribe tests to learn?

My DAT is tomorrow and that's basically what I'm doing today. I'm trying to redo as many exams as I can but I can just recall a lot of the answers from my memory. Not sure if it'll be useful

My DAT is tomorrow and that's basically what I'm doing today. I'm trying to redo as many exams as I can but I can just recall a lot of the answers from my memory. Not sure if it'll be useful

Let us know if it helps.

Good luck