August CPJE 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

student089

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone taken their cpje in August yet?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Members don't see this ad :)
i'm taking it friday. will let you all know how it goes. it doesn't seem like there's much info for august so i'll def post here on the weekend on certain themes/topics i get on the test.

i'm taking it friday. will let you all know how it goes. it doesn't seem like there's much info for august so i'll def post here on the weekend on certain themes/topics i get on the test.
I'm taking it on Saturday so any info would be very much appreciated :)

Reactions: 1 user
hi guys sorry I got late in posting. I went back to work today already and am able to post now on my lunch break lol.

CPJE was harder than naplex. I had no HIV or onco surprisingly. Some random old drugs asking about therapeutic interchanges.

Barely any law. Lots of ID, psych, a few questions on MS. Know your diabetes goals and dyslipidemia goals. Know how to convert between statins. A few on glaucoma.

I got quite a few questions on things like a pharmacist is doing an MUE what outcomes or stuff should they look out for when conducting this review. Those were difficult. Rxprep didn't have anything on stuff like that. It wasn't quite biostats either. It was like the sample questions on the CPJE bulletin. I had no calculations.

A few questions on aux labels. Some counseling questions on inhalers. And that was it. Hope this helps.

hi guys sorry I got late in posting. I went back to work today already and am able to post now on my lunch break lol.

CPJE was harder than naplex. I had no HIV or onco surprisingly. Some random old drugs asking about therapeutic interchanges.

Barely any law. Lots of ID, psych, a few questions on MS. Know your diabetes goals and dyslipidemia goals. Know how to convert between statins. A few on glaucoma.

I got quite a few questions on things like a pharmacist is doing an MUE what outcomes or stuff should they look out for when conducting this review. Those were difficult. Rxprep didn't have anything on stuff like that. It wasn't quite biostats either. It was like the sample questions on the CPJE bulletin. I had no calculations.

A few questions on aux labels. Some counseling questions on inhalers. And that was it. Hope this helps.
Thanks so much for that information. Appreciate it!

Any questions from smaller disease state chapters? In the past they really like to ask about cystic fibrosis, pulmonary arterial disease, MS, sickle cell etc? Those brand names are a bit harder since they aren't that common - at least for me

Thanks so much for that information. Appreciate it!

Any questions from smaller disease state chapters? In the past they really like to ask about cystic fibrosis, pulmonary arterial disease, MS, sickle cell etc? Those brand names are a bit harder since they aren't that common - at least for me
I had a few on MS. I didn't have any on the other ones you mentioned. A few on glaucoma and one question on a weight loss med which I didn't know since I didn't remember the brand of.

How was your test ??
Did you get same type of questions, calipharm post ??
I will appreciate your help
It was hard. I really don't know what advice to give besides study as much as you can because if you've studied somewhat, 2 options seem correct but it's hard to narrow it down to one option. Sample questions? As in like the ones in the bulletin? None of those were repeated but it gives a good idea of what the test is like.

I'll make sure you pass this time around :)

Ohh I am also taking it soon, probably in a month or 2 (Im moving from out of state to California at some point - already working as a pharmacist) -- Can I join your study group or get some info/tips? Thanks!!

Hi guys I'm offering Naplex and CPJE tutoring services if anyone's looking for a tutor. I scored triple digits on the Naplex.

Reactions: 1 users

I haven't refreshed myself on diabetes goals, but when you say lipid goals do you mean ACC/AHA guidelines or 2002 ATP goals? Basically could you clarify what kind of goals for me please lol

edit: on TOP of that, what statin equivalencies do they want exactly?? There is no concrete equivalency chart from what I know, pharmacy charts conversion doesn't make much sense to me.

Last edited:
I just finished my exam. So far i know i got 4 wrong for sure. :( I hope I can get a 75.
So basically, I don't have any questions on onco or hiv. The rest are fair game. Good luck to you all.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I haven't refreshed myself on diabetes goals, but when you say lipid goals do you mean ACC/AHA guidelines or 2002 ATP goals? Basically could you clarify what kind of goals for me please lol

edit: on TOP of that, what statin equivalencies do they want exactly?? There is no concrete equivalency chart from what I know, pharmacy charts conversion doesn't make much sense to me.

There is def a way to convert between the statins. Check RXPREP or even online

My exam had a question about stations that appeared to be asking about old guidelines.

Complete BS. This is old stuff from the Stone Age. The newer guidelines say to base everything off ASCVD risk score.

Last edited:
My exam had a question about which statin to use based on certain ldl/hdl/tg levels.

Complete BS. This is old stuff from the Stone Age. The newer guidelines say to base everything off ASCVD risk score.

There's 4 subgroups that the 2013 guidelines recommend initiating statins for - one of the groups is patients with LDL > 190 and another is patients with clinical ASCVD - neither require you to calculate what their ASCVD risk is but recommend initiating high intensity statins as long as the patient can tolerate.

I had a question similar to this - the patient had an LDL > 190 in mine so I had to pick the high intensity statin out of the choices given since that's what they automatically qualify for.

Hello guys ,
My test is in 2 days .
Can you guys help me with that and tell me what to focus on ??
Thanks

Hi, New to SDN. I just took my CPJE today. Really tough. Topics were different that people have mentioned. Just study hard everyone. Used RXPREP and question bank. How do I set up the informed delivery. Anyone know when I should get results?

Hi, New to SDN. I just took my CPJE today. Really tough. Topics were different that people have mentioned. Just study hard everyone. Used RXPREP and question bank. How do I set up the informed delivery. Anyone know when I should get results?

I'm taking cpje in 5 days! Would you please share what topics to focus on etc. and your cpje experience? Thanks! Hope you pass with flying score!!

Took my CPJE 8/29. Anybody else take it around that time and receive your results yet?

The predate for your batch was 9/25. The results should be mailed out 2 weeks from that date, 10/9. Then it'll take several days for the postal service to mail it to you depending on how far away you live from Sacramento.