August Interview= Acceptance?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futuredoctor1995

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does an August interview mean that you are going to get in because it is so early? Or does August interview mean that you are so early so they might waitlist you? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Does an August interview mean that you are going to get in because it is so early? Or does August interview mean that you are so early so they might waitlist you? Thanks!
I was the only person at my early interviews who wasn't a superstar from a school like the Ivies, U Mich, U Chicago, MIT, etc. last year. If anything it might actually mean you have to up your game and perform better to have a good chance vs. someone who interviews later in the year, but that's just my personal experience.

Reactions: 1 user
Better chance of acceptance with an August interview

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
Yea I agree with the other posters, an interview this early means they like you and barring a terrible interview, want you in next years class.

An August interview is great, but there are no guarantees. Schools tend to be a little less critical during the earliest part of interview season, because they have X amount (usually 150+) of seats to fill. They NEED to do their best to fill their seats. But they don't want to fill them with garbage.

Think of it this way: you run a business and you need to hire a TON of workers, otherwise your business is going to have trouble. Does that make you willing to hire slightly less stellar applicants at first? Sure. Does it mean you'll take the guy with the neck tats, piercings and a couple felonies to work in customer service? Not if you know what's good for your business. But as you get to a point where you only need to hire a FEW workers, you can be a little more particular in who you choose.

Reactions: 1 users
It means they like you on paper, it's up to you to turn that into an acceptance.

Reactions: 2 users
Nothing is a guarantee. It has more to do with applying early than loving you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 users