August MCATers/07 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lals

Loner/Rebel
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just curious how many people on here are applying right after taking the recent test, and why. For myself, I began a Post-Bacc. program about 15 months ago, and wasn't able to complete my second course in BIO due to a schedueling conflict with Physics II until summer session I, where I took physiology at Stony Brook. I began my post-bacc. work immediately after completing a Master's in English and Creative Writing. My undergrad GPA is good but not great (3.5), but my post bacc. is solid (3.8). Just sweating out my MCAT scores now, and hoping to start studying medicine a year from now rather than more.

Members don't see this ad.

I took the August 06 MCAT and also applying this year. Just curious, are you guys sending in the secondaries ASAP even before knowing what your score is?

I will work on some secondary essays in the coming weeks before the score release. Once scores are released, I will decide which schools to apply to, if any. Filling in the secondaries shouldn't take to long if the essays are already done. So far I'm only $160 in the hole so that's the most I can lose if my score is terrible.

I took the August 06 MCAT and also applying this year. Just curious, are you guys sending in the secondaries ASAP even before knowing what your score is?

Yes sir. I have submitted all of my secondaries. Just waiting to see what the good Lord has in store for me. Howard here I come. Lord willing. :D