August MCATers and Interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

athena21

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay, so has anyone who took the August MCAT receive an interview yet? Yes or No and let us know whether you've taken the MCAT before...

Members don't see this ad.

i wouldn't count on it.....a first time august mcater would be lucky to get an interview in november...from what i hear.......

nero

I ask because I took the MCAT before and decided to take it again this August--in retrospect, I doubt this was a good idea...but I'm wondering if interviews are still possible before schools receive newer scores...

Members don't see this ad :)
Athena,

I took mcat in april, then again in aug. In my situation, w/ horrendous scores in april, I've found that it has actually been to my advantage to retake. I don't think I would have received UC 2ndaries based on my april scores. In the meantime, I'm working like crazy to try to finish all the 2ndaries before end of September. The UC's seem to be @ a month behind east coast schools in scheduling interviews, so that's good for us aug mcaters. On sdn, I've only heard of 1 UC interview so far (SD).

Most schools are definitely waiting for scores before scheduling interviews. Don't fret--I know of hordes who are only now submitting amcas! Our timing's fine. It'll be Oct. b4 ya know it! Actually, I wish sept wouldn't fly by so fast, since I still have so many 2ndaries to finish!!!

I have a friend who took the Aug. last year and got into Dartmouth and I am hoping it will work for me.

I took the August MCAT last year and applied to 23 schools. I completed all secondaries and received 13 interview invites, the first of which came in early November for an early December interview date. That was Columbia, a non-AMCAS school, to which I was eventually admitted. I was also admitted to 4 other schools and waitlisted at 6. So taking the August MCAT isn't the kiss of death. Good luck to all the current August MCATers!! :)

Man SWM, I would love to join you at Columbia. I'll just keep my fingers crossed.

I'm SMW, not SWM! :p And, just to clear up any confusion due to my screen name, I'm female. ;) Good luck with your Columbia app and all the rest. :)

I took in April, got a 28 (11/9/8) and retook in August... I interview later this month at my state school :). On the other hand, Northwestern rejected me without even waiting for my new scores.... at least I didn't have to spend the time and money on their secondary, right? Those are the only two schools I've heard from.

Forgive my typo. I know your female SMW, that is why I;d like to join you. ;)