AUS or Carribean to come back to Canada?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

anomorato

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Still deciding betwee going to AUS for medicine or Carribean...

Which is easier to graduate medicine from AUS (UNSW) or Carribean (SMU)??

Members don't see this ad.

sorry to not directly address your question; i think it's more important to consider which school offers a better quality of education and international reputation instead of which school is easier from which to graduate.

UNSW is internationally famous.

the moment you say you're a graduate of a caribbean school, well, you know what people will think...it's something you'll have to deal with for the rest of your career. i don't doubt their graduates are fully competent, but you must be prepared for the unfair judgement by others. if you can deal with that, by all means go for it.

I concur with random numbers. Reputation and prestige are not infallible indicators of quality of education, but their usually pretty good.

I'm surprised you would even ask what medical school is easier to graduate from. Would you feel comfortable being attended to by a doctor who chose the medical school that gave them the quickest, easiest degree?

Members don't see this ad :)
Its hard to return to Canada from a Caribbean school. Canada has a bad reputation among IMGs. In general your chances would be much better coming from Australia, I know Canadians tend to treat IMGS from the UK and Australia better than anywhere else.

UNSW has an Undergraduate program. It is a 6 yr program, but I will be only doing 5 yrs for the credits I received from my degree.
Thats the thing, at UNSW its gona take me about 5 yrs 2 yrs of internship. Whereas, Carribean (SMU), its 3.6 yrs then residency.
What you do guys think