Available Spot for OBGYN Rotation Fort Lauderdale, Florida

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gridlock

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,
I used to visit this board as a premedical student in early 2000s and until I got accepted into a medical school. Entry into the medical school was a great accomplishment but opened a whole world of new challenges (opportunities?) including figuring out rotations as part of the core curriculum required to successfully graduate.

Needless to say, I graduated medical school in 2011 and now I am a board certified Ob-Gyn physician practicing in South Florida with a thriving practice comprising Obstetrics as well as Gynecology. I did my residency from University of Miami and like many of the students on this forum, I am a foreign graduate. I did my undergraduate training in Canada and ultimately settled in Florida, USA.

This Christmas, I was reflecting on the many hardships that I overcame as I reached my goal of matching into a US based residency program and expressing my gratitude to those that helped me along my journey. One of my challenges included finding rotation sites for clerkships and how grateful I was to those who helped me along my clerkship years.

As a fully qualified board certified ObGyn physician performing in-office procedures as well as hospital procedures, including deliveries and cesarean sections, I believe I can offer an educational and resourceful rotation for medical students. I know I had a tough time securing an ob-gyn rotation which took a lot of effort on my part. I love teaching and I am an associate professor of Ob-Gyn for a local medical school as well with students at my office.

I wanted to offer an opportunity for ObGyn clerkship/clinical experience in South Florida that may be able to help someone looking for Obgyn experience.

I have been fortunate that my predecessors helped me with clinical rotations when I was a medical student and now, when I am in a position to pass it forward to the future physicians, I want to do my part.

Please let me know if I can assist.
Feel free to message me directly to discuss this further.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
Hello,

Is this offer still available? If so, what type of qualifications are needed in order to qualify for this opportunity?

Hello,

Is this offer still available? If so, what type of qualifications are needed in order to qualify for this opportunity?
Hello
The opportunity to be in the office would be for 3-6 months. We would give you an orientation of the office and get credentialed for the office.
This opportunity is designed for medical students and in the past we had premed students come as well, but it is beneficial for a MS2-4.
Office hours are 8-5 with a 1 hour lunch.
PM directly with your resume and a number where you can be reached to discuss this further.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello
The opportunity to be in the office would be for 3-6 months. We would give you an orientation of the office and get credentialed for the office.
This opportunity is designed for medical students and in the past we had premed students come as well, but it is beneficial for a MS2-4.
PM directly with your resume and a number where you can be reached to discuss this further.
Sorry I’m just confused why the clerkship opportunity is 3+ months if it aims for MS2-4? I would think only a 4th year student could even try to manage that into their schedule.

Correction: 3-6 weeks for MS2-4.
Thank you.

Hello
PM directly with your resume and a number where you can be reached to discuss this furth
Is it available for an IMG too? And how can I apply as an IMG

Hi. I am really interested in this opportunity. I am from Florida. Could you please let me know if it is still available?

Great experience with students through SDN. We have had several students come through our office and gain clinical experience in US. Feel free to message me if anyone is interested. Dr Malik

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
Sent you a message! This would be an absolute lifesaver!!!