average age

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aisha

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
can u please add ur age to the list to get an idea of the average age of applicantss...

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

only if u spell u right. --Trek, hammered at 21

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm 39 and I've never been called average ;)

umm, let me clear out my hearing aid and dust off my reading glasses. You young folks are much younger than me. :D :D

No, seriously I am 35 years old. ;)

I'm 22, will be 23 if and when I matriculate :)

just turned 20! Any age is a good age if you are serious and passionate about the whole process!

23 (24 in december)

Members don't see this ad :)
wow! thanks for all the replies :)

20, 21 upon marticulation :p

22 last august.

Just turned 20 this month.

so far we are at 24.65 average age!!

I am twenty five (25) :)

LOL thought the first one didn't post, so posted again! Real age must be 50!

I WILL BE 24 ON DECEMBER 24TH

20, REALLY glad to see I'm not the youngest. Kinda scary looking at all the 24 average age of matriculants. Looks like the standard deviation may be a bit high, though.

22, toooooo old! :rolleyes:

21 up in here. Will be 22 at matriculation (if it happens)

Think I'm 22.

32, 33 in November, and not applying till next year. So, I'll be a 34 MS1 (hopefully).

20 (are they going to not like me because I'm immature? I know, I know "only if you act immature. . ." but do you think they're predisposed against younger applicants?)

22 - this is my 2nd time applying, so I'm a seasoned applicant ;) .

Originally posted by grasshopper:
•20 (are they going to not like me because I'm immature? I know, I know "only if you act immature. . ." but do you think they're predisposed against younger applicants?)•

i really hope not, both for you and me!

i'm 24, but i'll be applying for the entering class of 2003....

Cameron,

I interviewed at OSU this past Wednesday. I'm an OSU undergrad and I was very impressed with your school!! Maybe I saw you..Are you happy at OSU?

•20 (are they going to not like me because I'm immature? I know, I know "only if you act immature. . ." but do you think they're predisposed against younger applicants?)•

e-mail me [email protected], i can tell you more.

17, ~20 as an MS1

There are a couple of 21-year-old students in my class (I'm an MS1 for those of you who don't know), and to be honest, they are known as the "young ones." I don't think that schools will be biased against a slightly younger applicant, but in large part it will depend on how you carry yourself at the interview. I assume that the biggest concern for the AdComms here would be how you would come off to patients, and if you are clearly on the young side, you don't act confident, and there is something immature in your manner, you would probably make patients uncomfortable. Act mature and confident and show that you can handle interacting with "grownups" (ie, your interviewers), and you should be fine.

I'm almost 32 - applying for 2002 matriculation. :)

25 - This thread is very encouraging - I thought I was way behind. I guess I should change my name.

Just turned 21, and still haven't had my first legal drink. Or, maybe I don't remember it? ;)