average GPA and MCAT by school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

smc927

El Flaquito
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
A friend told me about a site that has the average GPA and MCAT by medical school. They're giving away free access. So I tried and they gave me a free account. I guess it is a temporary thing but I thought I'd spread the word. You have to email [email protected] and type "freebie" as the subject of your email. They got back to me really quick.

Members don't see this ad.

smc927 said:
A friend told me about a site that has the average GPA and MCAT by medical school. They're giving away free access. So I tried and they gave me a free account. I guess it is a temporary thing but I thought I'd spread the word. You have to email [email protected] and type "freebie" as the subject of your email. They got back to me really quick.

Sounds like a con to me.

Just look in US News & World report. It has all of those stats.

OSUdoc08 said:
Sounds like a con to me.

Not a scam. It worked for me.

Just checking though, what's the average MCAT for NYCOM students?

It says 9.9, which is surprisingly high!

Members don't see this ad :)
OSUdoc08 said:
Sounds like a con to me.

I thought that, too. But from what I found at the US News & World Report they only give you the top 20 then want you to pay for the rest.

I like free better. :)

i tried it because it was free :) some of the gpas look a little high for some of the schools. its states 3.6 for nycom. i don't remember where i read it but i thought the avg gpa there was in the 3.3-3.4 range. any other ideas?

smc927 said:
I thought that, too. But from what I found at the US News & World Report they only give you the top 20 then want you to pay for the rest.

I like free better. :)

Fortunately, my mom bought the book, and it has every school in it.

OSUdoc08 said:
Fortunately, my mom bought the book, and it has every school in it.

Which book? I know lots of people at school that would love to see it.

are you sure? actually, this website reports mcats of 8.9 and gpa of 3.4 which seems accurate.

DrBeanie said:
Not a scam. It worked for me.

Just checking though, what's the average MCAT for NYCOM students?

It says 9.9, which is surprisingly high!

There is a book that gives all the stats of the med schools, such as average GPA, tuition, rolling vs. non-rolling admissions,admission requirements, etc. The name of the book is American Medical School Admission Requirements (AMSAR). I believe that it is only for the MD school however, but I heard you can e-mail or call a certain number in the book to receive the complete list of DO school requirements. I believe the book is around $30 and is very helpful. They have it at our school's library though( I think it's an old copy however, and they update the new one every year)....so you might want to check there first. :)

ash2003 said:
There is a book that gives all the stats of the med schools, such as average GPA, tuition, rolling vs. non-rolling admissions,admission requirements, etc. The name of the book is American Medical School Admission Requirements (AMSAR). I believe that it is only for the MD school however, but I heard you can e-mail or call a certain number in the book to receive the complete list of DO school requirements. I believe the book is around $30 and is very helpful. They have it at our school's library though( I think it's an old copy however, and they update the new one every year)....so you might want to check there first. :)

You can get the DO numbers for most DO schools on the AACOM web site under publications, for free.

smc927 said:
Which book? I know lots of people at school that would love to see it.

US News & World Report: America's Graduate Schools

or

MSAR: Medical School Admissions Requirements

Jinyaoysiu said:
if i remember correctly, 1997.
I think it is even earlier than that. I remember looking at the exact same list when I was a frosh in college. That was 1996. I would guess they are 94-95 stats.