Average Mcat for accepted students

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Average Mcat score for those who are accepted

• 22-25

Votes: 28 17.8%
  • 26-29

Votes: 65 41.4%
  • 30-34

Votes: 54 34.4%
  • 35 and above

Votes: 10 6.4%

• Total voters

tms2

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
To help clear out some stats issues, it thought this information would be helpful.
You can elaborate, for example, state if it was a second time taking the test or more. Also, you can list how many acceptances you got.

Members don't see this ad.

You can list the exact score if you want.

I got one acceptance (LECOM), .

Wait are you asking what the average MCAT is for accepted students or what our individual stats are?

Members don't see this ad :)
Wait are you asking what the average MCAT is for accepted students or what our individual stats are?

individual. I know the poll doesn't list each number, but it'll give a rough estimate for those still applying/ awaiting acceptance.

31 (10P/11V/10B), 2 acceptances of 3 interviews in 3 applied. Withdrawing the 3rd post-"waitlist(high)".

I'm not sure the goal of this thread. DO schools state their average MCAT scores. Maybe the average will increase by a point or two this year (competitive app season).

All I can say, is my MCAT was definitely in the average range.... and I got a couple MD acceptances, and a bunch of DO. Although I understand its the only standardized test pre-meds and med schools can measure, I sometimes think pre-meds give it more weight that actual adcom (leaving out the possibility that some schools use certain MCAT cut-offs before even reading an app).

My MCAT certainly didn't garner me acceptances.... it was the rest of the app. Due to circumstances of my life (non URM, despite my SDN name) I was able to "stick out" in the adcom's memory.... I think that was much more "required" for my acceptances than a 34 MCAT would have been.

Just my 2 cents.

I scored a 29Q (10, 10, 9), and believe that the avg at my future school (MSUCOM) is 26-28.

I scored a 29Q (10, 10, 9), and believe that the avg at my future school (MSUCOM) is 26-28.

Once you reach an MCAT threshhold, do not underestimate the power of a solid GPA. I had a 24 MCAT, but I am graduating Summa and got accepted to the first 3 places I interviewed at, had numerous more but didnt go. So the take home message is...... Apply early, and overall application is just as important if not moreso than MCAT.

Sorry fastdude400, my reply wasnt directed at you. I just meant to respond to OPs question. BTW, I take it your a quarter-miler. (sp?) What was your times, I ran the 400 M too.

32Q

10P 12V 10B

Interview invite everywhere that I bothered to send a secondary to (7 schools).

Attended 2 interviews. Offered 2 acceptances.

27N MCAT 10v 7p 10b (you are not your mcat score)

G.P.A. 3.6 (you are not your organic chemistry grade. I got c's in orgo)

Fantastic extra curricular activities.

Applied uber-late

six interview offers, 2 acceptances so far. Haven't heard back from the other 4 schools yet.

I hear applying early helps, but I didn't have in my primary app until early/mid feb. Better to apply early than do like I did though.

11b 7p 6v Q = 24Q
3.71 Cum.
3.50 Science.
3.91 Non-Science.
Magna Cum Laude

8 interview invites.
4 interviews so far (1 more coming up).
3 interviews I declined.
3 waitlists.
1 acceptance.

Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry fastdude400, my reply wasnt directed at you. I just meant to respond to OPs question. BTW, I take it your a quarter-miler. (sp?) What was your times, I ran the 400 M too.

It's cool. I ran the 400m years ago in high school, and have used this name ever since. My fastest time was 50.95 seconds. I think it's still the record at my little high school. :)

22O

9 VR 6 PS 7 BS

2 interviews (DCOM and AZCOM)
2 acceptances

I think it was my good looks and pink shirt that got me in. ;):smuggrin:

33. 13bs, 12vr, 8ps. The high mcat helped make up for my crap *** undergrad gpa. I received interviews at all of DOs to which I applied and was accepted at all where I interviewed. Must have helped because that 3.07 uGPA wasn't doing me any favors.

25P (8 VR, 8 PS, 9 BS)

5 Interviews, 2 declined, 2 Acceptances, 1 Waitlist.

My choice KCOM (Unless I get the email from MSU). I guess I applied to the right schools and was helped by God.

30L

- 8 interviews
- 4 acceptances
- 3 waitlists

I hate the writing section.

30L

- 8 interviews
- 4 acceptances
- 3 waitlists

I hate the writing section.

I hate writing period. I have finished my senior paper, and now perhaps I can hear the word "paper" without cringing.

no T's on the writing sample? guys, guys... with as much time as we spend on here typing :laugh:

no T's on the writing sample? guys, guys... with as much time as we spend on here typing :laugh:

25S...thats pretty dang close.

Ya I have no room to brag about my 25 (non-trad who stuffed all of Ochem, half of Bio, all Physics, all labs and TA'd Physiology and took MCAT in 2 semesters) but my undergrad major shined on the writing. I was an anthropology major and most of my classes were writing papers every week. I had one class that had a 10 page paper due every Friday and not just BS with lots of paragraphs. My senior thesis was a 40 page research paper on the links between Alcohol and Depression in Scandinavian countries.

My only regret is I never had time to take Anatomy (ominous music plays in background).

On 40 pages? Amateur

My senior thesis was 75 pages with diagrams....not counting citations.

29R (12V, 8B, 9P) about a billion apps sent out, 1 interview, 1 acceptance. that being said it was 100% due to my grades being bad and applying late. i'm happy w/ where i got in and where i'm headed, it only takes 1 :)

good luck to everyone still waiting/applying next year

25S...thats pretty dang close.

Ya I have no room to brag about my 25 (non-trad who stuffed all of Ochem, half of Bio, all Physics, all labs and TA'd Physiology and took MCAT in 2 semesters) but my undergrad major shined on the writing. I was an anthropology major and most of my classes were writing papers every week. I had one class that had a 10 page paper due every Friday and not just BS with lots of paragraphs. My senior thesis was a 40 page research paper on the links between Alcohol and Depression in Scandinavian countries.

My only regret is I never had time to take Anatomy (ominous music plays in background).

hehe, yeah, i'm only being facetious. my high school and undergrad was heavy on writing too, so i actually loved the essays - a nice refreshing moment of zen for me, usually. and um, i didn't get anatomy either. drats.

27Q

7 applications
5 interviews
5 acceptances

33P

96 trillion applications

5 interviews (through two cycles)

Withdrew from three interview invites, and numerous other applications.

One acceptance, one waitlist, one withdraw before they made their decision.

31R (9V, 10B, 12P). For DO schools, I applied to 6, got 5 interviews, 2 acceptances. I was waitlisted without an interview at the 6th, and withdrew from one of the interviews after my first accepance. For MD schools, I applied to 30 (crazy, I know), and got 1 interview, which put me on a waitlist.

I've come to find that MCAT means little in med school....I know some people that beat me out in the MCAT, but I generally do better than them on tests...then I know people I smoked in the MCAT that woop up on me on basically every exam.

30P (9PS, 9VR, 12BS)

8 schools, 2 interviews, no acceptances as of yet (keeping my fingers crossed for NYCOM!!!!)

28 Q
DO - 4 views, 4 acceptances
MD - 4 views, 1 acceptance

29Q
2 applications (1 md, 1 do)
4 interviews
3 acceptances

22O

9 VR 6 PS 7 BS

2 interviews (DCOM and AZCOM)
2 acceptances

I think it was my good looks and pink shirt that got me in. ;):smuggrin:

What about the SpanX? Hey, if that wasnt what helped...then I am not wearing mine to the interviews. hehehe