• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

• How To ACE Your Medical School Interview

In this webinar hosted by SDN with experts from BeMo Academic Consulting, you will learn a simple five-step process to help you translate your interview invitation into an acceptance.

bguman

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 5, 2004
Michigan
Status (Visible)
By any chance, would someone please link or supply this info. pertaining to Osteopathic Medical Schools (Unfortunately usnews is primarily premium material).

Also, I haven't visited this board in quite sometime, so I had to obtain a new username. When was this board revised?

Thanks

bguman

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 5, 2004
Michigan
Status (Visible)
Originally posted by daveswafford
I've heard two sets of numbers for DO schools and I'm not sure which one is more accurate:

3.3 GPA and 24 MCAT
3.4 GPA and 27 MCAT

In general huh? I was more concerned about specific numbers to specific DO schools. Appreciate the reply though...

About the Ads

NSA914

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 30, 2003
Houston
Status (Visible)
Specific numbers per school don't really matter because schools change their stats so often. I would go with 3.3-3.4 Overall GPA, 3.0+ Science GPA, and 24+ MCAT. These numbers apply to most DO programs. Some accept lower, some demand higher. So basically, you should have at least these stats. Hope this helps...and good luck!!

PublicHealth

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
Mar 18, 2003
Status (Visible)
Admission to osteopathic medical school is competitive. For the 2002 entering class, the average MCAT scores were 8.10 verbal, 8.08 physical and 8.54 biology. The average overall grade point average was 3.43 and the average science grade point average was 3.36.

Source: http://www.aacom.org/home-applicants/index.html

DrInW8ing

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 18, 2002
Virginia
Status (Visible)
scores this scores that

These are important but more important is having a balanced life. Show that you are more than just a number to the schools. Quit worrying about scores they will not make you any better of a doctor. Hard work counts!! Retaining the material learned counts!!

If you think your scores mayt be low, work on other things such as more health care experience etc....

Write a killer of a personal statement that is truthful!!
Take your time writing this and get help from someone who knows what the schools are looking for.

quit asking about the scores or you will drive yourself crazy.

Everyone goes through a selfdoubt stage. Hang in there and enjoy your life which will soon be demanded from in multiple vectors.

Good luck!!

About the Ads
This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.