You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Average MCAT/GPA Stats By School?
Started by MedPR
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Is there a list somewhere or is it necessary to just check the stats on each school's website?
Most of the lists on here are outdated. It's best to go to each school's website. Although, I think someone compiled a list of MCAT scores in a somewhat recent thread.
Most of the lists on here are outdated. It's best to go to each school's website. Although, I think someone compiled a list of MCAT scores in a somewhat recent thread.
Ok, thanks!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
it wont let me upload it on here (too big apparently), but theres an excel spreadsheet with most of the school's gpas/mcat averages for matriculants where you can compare your lizzym to theirs. If you don't already have it, i can email it to you.
Yes please. [email protected]
Thanks! Is this from last years matriculants?
For classes of 2015 unless otherwise mentioned. I found them mostly on the web.
Touro-Ca: 3.45/3.36/28.90
UMDNJ-SOM: 3.6/3.51/28
NYCOM: 3.6/?/28
Western-COMP: 3.53/3.47/28
AZCOM: ?/?/28
DMU: 3.68/3.63/27.3
OUCOM: 3.66/?/27
UNTHSC-TCOM: 3.59/3.49/27
ATSU-SOMA: 3.50/3.41/27
ATSU-KCOM: 3.5/3.4/27
RVUCOM: 3.49/3.44/26.68
Touro-NV: 3.40/3.31/26.6
MSUCOM: 3.6/?/26.49
PNWU: 3.44/3.36/26.39
KCUMB: 3.55/3.51/26
WCUCOM: 3.4/?/26
VCOM-VC: 3.59/3.52/25
VCOM-CC: 3.61/3.55/25
LMU-DCOM: 3.4/?/24
UP-KYCOM: 3.5?/3.4?/24
CCOM: 3.56/?/(28?)
NSU-COM: 3.41/3.31/27 (2014)
Touro-NY: 3.3/3.2/27 (2013)
LECOM-E: 3.44/3.31/26 (2014)
LECOM-B: 3.48/3.39/27 (2014)
OSU-COM: 3.64/3.58/26.1 (2014)
UNECOM: 3.5/3.45/27 (class of ?)
WVSOM: ?/3.37/25 (class of ?)
PCOM: 3.45/3.38/27 (2014)
PCOM-Ga: ?/?/27?
Western-Lebanon: ?
Edit: Thanks Sinfest!
Great, thanks! I know there is no definitive answer, but is a 3.0/33 about equivalent to a 3.5/28? I ask because I'm hoping for a low-mid 30's MCAT (averaged just a tad below 34 on AAMCs) but my GPA is hovering somewhere around 3.0
Great, thanks! I know there is no definitive answer, but is a 3.0/33 about equivalent to a 3.5/28? I ask because I'm hoping for a low-mid 30's MCAT (averaged just a tad below 34 on AAMCs) but my GPA is hovering somewhere around 3.0
eh. from what i've read on these forums thus far, apples and oranges. It certainly helps very much, but it is difficult to say that "3.5/28 is equivalent to 3.1/X".
but there have been quite some people that i've read that have found acceptances with similar scores given they have reasonably good EC's and such.
eh. from what i've read on these forums thus far, apples and oranges. It certainly helps very much, but it is difficult to say that "3.5/28 is equivalent to 3.1/X".
but there have been quite some people that i've read that have found acceptances with similar scores given they have reasonably good EC's and such.
Yea, that's basically what I've heard too.
I know it's not easy to get a 3.5+ GPA over 4+ years of school, but I do think a good MCAT score is impressive as well. Strong GPA = several years (probably) of commitment and consistency, whereas strong MCAT = months (probably) of prep and one chance to show what you can do. So GPA = need to remain committed, but have room for error. MCAT = less time commitment (months compared to year), but very little room for error. I got 92% right (raw score) on AAMC 10 and only got a 35. Apples and oranges definitely, but I wasn't sure if DO ADCOMs weighed GPA and MCAT equally.
4
411309
Medpr., im sending you a spreadsheet where it computes your competitive score based on your mcat/gpa and compares it to the average matriculant score for each school. A 33/3.0 would def give you a shot.
Please send over to [email protected] as well!
Score 27+ and you should be fine. But apply broadly.
Well I retook on 4/5, my first one was a 28. Hopefully I got at least 3 points higher.
Medpr., im sending you a spreadsheet where it computes your competitive score based on your mcat/gpa and compares it to the average matriculant score for each school. A 33/3.0 would def give you a shot.
Thank you.
Medpr., im sending you a spreadsheet where it computes your competitive score based on your mcat/gpa and compares it to the average matriculant score for each school. A 33/3.0 would def give you a shot.
Is there any way I could get a copy of this too? I would really, really appreciate it!
Is there a list somewhere or is it necessary to just check the stats on each school's website?
OP, learn to search function
Sent from my SGH-T999 using SDN Mobile
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I know this thread has been dead for a while, but is it still possible to get this GPA/MCAT predicting calculator?
I know this thread has been dead for a while, but is it still possible to get this GPA/MCAT predicting calculator?
To be honest...even it it were made, and wasn't terribly flawed as its sure to be, it would not be all that helpful.
I mean, get the highest MCAT and GPA you can.
If you are worried about if you should apply in general, you should have at least a 24 MCAT and 3.1 GPA. If you are lower than these, then you should talk to some people who know the process to look at your app individually.
Other than that, you cant really predict your acceptance to any one school with MCAT and GPA since people are rejected on a spectrum of stats at each school.
Just my thoughts on the matter
I know this thread has been dead for a while, but is it still possible to get this GPA/MCAT predicting calculator?
this info may be helpful (updated from earlier)...
Classes of 2016:
Touro-Ca: 3.44/3.37/29.5
CCOM: 3.63/29
MSUCOM: 3.61/27.78
DMU: 3.66/3.58/27.7
UMDNJ-SOM: 3.61/28
UNTHSC-TCOM: 3.57/3.46/28
Western-COMP: 3.54/3.50/28
LECOM-B: 3.53/28
AZCOM: 3.48/3.41/28
PCOM: 3.46/3.37/28
NSU-COM: 3.46/28
RVUCOM: 3.56/3.53/27.42
OU-HCOM: 3.64/3.59/27.17
ATSU-KCOM: 3.56/3.49/27
ATSU-SOMA: 3.42/3.32/27
LECOM-E/SH: 3.44/3.28/27
KCUMB: 3.60/3.53/25.9
PNWU: 3.41/3.31/25.86
LMU-DCOM: ?/25
2015 or earlier:
NYCOM: 3.6/?/28
Western-COMP NW: 3.46/3.39/27
Touro-NV: 3.40/3.31/26.6
WCUCOM: 3.4/?/26
VCOM-CC: 3.61/3.55/25
VCOM-VC: 3.59/3.52/25
Touro-NY: ?
UP-KYCOM: 3.52/3.4/23.9
PCOM-Ga: ?/?/27
OSU-COM: 3.65/25.1
UNECOM: 3.5/3.45/27 (class of ?)
WVSOM: ?/3.37/25 (class of ?)
Last edited:
this info may be helpful (updated from earlier)...it is my bread and butter
Classes of 2016:
Touro-Ca: 3.44/3.37/29.5
CCOM: 3.63/29
MSUCOM: 3.61/27.78
DMU: 3.66/3.58/27.7
UMDNJ-SOM: 3.61/28
UNTHSC-TCOM: 3.57/3.46/28
Western-COMP: 3.54/3.50/28
LECOM-B: 3.53/28
AZCOM: 3.48/3.41/28
PCOM: 3.46/3.37/28
NSU-COM: 3.46/28
RVUCOM: 3.56/3.53/27.42
OU-HCOM: 3.64/3.59/27.17
ATSU-KCOM: 3.56/3.49/27
ATSU-SOMA: 3.42/3.32/27
LECOM-E/SH: 3.44/3.28/27
KCUMB: 3.60/3.53/25.9
PNWU: 3.41/3.31/25.86
LMU-DCOM: ?/25
2015 or earlier:
NYCOM: 3.6/?/28
Western-COMP NW: 3.46/3.39/27
Touro-NV: 3.40/3.31/26.6
WCUCOM: 3.4/?/26
VCOM-CC: 3.61/3.55/25
VCOM-VC: 3.59/3.52/25
Touro-NY: ?
UP-KYCOM: 3.52/3.4/23.9
PCOM-Ga: ?/?/27
OSU-COM: 3.65/25.1
UNECOM: 3.5/3.45/27 (class of ?)
WVSOM: ?/3.37/25 (class of ?)
so much out-of-date-ness it hurts!
And, again, I stand by my earlier comment of this type of info being even less useful than it is accurate.
Any data for the most recent cycle for any (each?) school?
PCOM gaSo if I have a GPA of 3.6 and science 3.5 and a 25 where do you think my best bet would be? So far I am applying to 8 DO schools but am considering on applying to more. What are your opinions?
LMU
William Carey
RVU
Campbell
VCOM
Touro NV
LECOM (pick one)
MUCOM
Anyone else find it amusing to read these innocent, naive, polite posts from MedPR? Polar opposite from the one we all knew before his banship. @dudeliness @NurWollen @coolingglasses
I would add all three VCOMs, ACOM, KYCOM,
PCOM ga
LMU
William Carey
RVU
Campbell
VCOM
Touro NV
LECOM (pick one)
MUCOM
Chill dude on facebook, although I haven't seen him post in quite a long timeAnyone else find it amusing to read these innocent, naive, polite posts from MedPR? Polar opposite from the one we all knew before his banship. @dudeliness @NurWollen @coolingglasses
Is he also annoying on FB as he was on SDN?Chill dude on facebook, although I haven't seen him post in quite a long time
Last edited:
LUCOM also falls in the range. 😉PCOM ga
LMU
William Carey
RVU
Campbell
VCOM
Touro NV
LECOM (pick one)
MUCOM
LUCOM also falls in the range. 😉
Only a last resort option. Don't think with a 3.6 /25 he is at that point yet.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is he also annoying on FB as he was on SDN?
🙂Chill dude on facebook, although I haven't seen him post in quite a long time
I honestly LOVE your posts.Only a last resort option. Don't think with a 3.6 /25 he is at that point yet.
Can't smack talk a guy from the same home state as myself. Let's just say it is an 808 code of honor...
I honestly LOVE your posts.
I don't remember what you are mad at me for...
Hmmm.
I'm not mad. Honestly. I just find you pretty funny, lol.I don't remember what you are mad at me for...
Hmmm.
I'll be honest, I liked MedPR. I think sometimes he was very harsh, but he always just called it how he saw it. Always offered me valuable advice as well, but I can see why others may not feel the same lol
I also liked him, but I find it funny that it is SO different from how he was before being banned.I'll be honest, I liked MedPR. I think sometimes he was very harsh, but he always just called it how he saw it. Always offered me valuable advice as well, but I can see why others may not feel the same lol