average MCAT score is close to 28?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aspiring20

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
i just received my princeton review materials from the online course, and one of the books state that the average MCAT score in 2009 (according to AAMC sources) is close to 28, with around a 9+ in each section.

isn't the median MCAT in 2012 just over a 25? so the average is this much higher?

Members don't see this ad.

i just received my princeton review materials from the online course, and one of the books state that the average MCAT score in 2009 (according to AAMC sources) is close to 28, with around a 9+ in each section.

isn't the median MCAT in 2012 just over a 25? so the average is this much higher?

Average for test takers = 25
Average for applicants = 28
Average for matriculants = 31

What this means for us = most people taking the MCAT will sadly switch careers after the exam

Average for test takers = 25
Average for applicants = 28
Average for matriculants = 31

What this means for us = most people taking the MCAT will sadly switch careers after the exam

this could be what TPR is referring to...but they didnt say applicants. they just said average so i am assuming the national average