Employment & Professional Networking Average salary in the Southeast

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dred Pirate

Pharmacist
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Posting for my wife who is an OT (she doesn't have an account here). Kind of doing a gut check to see if her salary makes sense for her level of experience. She works 0.9 FTE and makes $80k ($43.50/hr). Has great benefits - great 403b match and high amounts of PDO.

10+ years experience in outpatient peds.

Having some concerns at work with time, etc. Curious as to if she starts looking elsewhere, what are the odds she finds anything similar.

Members don't see this ad.

so guess nobody knows, or wants to discuss?

I'm a new OT student but I guess you'll have a better time finding out from the r/OccupationalTherapy subreddit, Occupational Therapy Salary Survey & Data 3rd Edition, or AOTA - 2019 Salary and Workforce Data (need membership to access) since almost everyone here is looking at their chances of getting into programs for the upcoming application cycle. I came across many posts in the subreddit asking for average OT salaries over the years so you can definitely look up some threads to get an idea. As for the 2nd link, a lot of the data are collected via survey from OTR/Ls. I was hesitant to answer your post because I'm not an OT yet but I hope you find some of the info somewhat useful!

Second the above comment, this forum is mostly for prospective students and not as much practicing OTs. I recommend checking out otsalary.com as well.