Average USMLE Step 1 scores by school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hmmm. Didn't realize this was an old thread. It somehow showed up in the top of my forum page and I didn't notice the dates were from 2009.

Regardless, this is an issue that people still associate with making decision. I've had 3 applicants ask me this during interview days in the last few weeks alone....so it's definitely something that still needs to be addressed.

Members don't see this ad.

I know I'm resurrecting an old thread, but I think this is an important point for choosing medical schools. People who disagree say that board scores are a function of the individual student and his/her test taking abilities, etc. One way we could address this is to plot average MCAT scores against average Step 1 scores and plot a trend line (assuming we can find average Step 1 scores of course). Schools under that line might be considered to be "poor" at teaching for Step 1, and vice versa. There are probably better statistical methods to model this, I just wanted to hear your guys's thoughts...

I know I'm resurrecting an old thread, but I think this is an important point for choosing medical schools. People who disagree say that board scores are a function of the individual student and his/her test taking abilities, etc. One way we could address this is to plot average MCAT scores against average Step 1 scores and plot a trend line (assuming we can find average Step 1 scores of course). Schools under that line might be considered to be "poor" at teaching for Step 1, and vice versa. There are probably better statistical methods to model this, I just wanted to hear your guys's thoughts...

I'm arrogant enough to think that my board scores will be the same whether I attend EVMS or WashU.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using SDN Mobile