AVOID Univ of wyoming fm residency

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JerryMeister

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
IF YOU ARE A MEDICAL STUDENT THINKING OF APPLYING TO FAMILY MEDICINE RESIDENCY AT UNIVERSITY OF WYOMING IN CHEYENNE, I WILL TELL YOU EXACTLY WHY YOU SHOULD AVOID THIS RESIDENCY LIKE THE PLAGUE.:thumbdown:

PM ME IF GENUINELY INTERESTED OR GO AHEAD, APPLY AND FIND OUT THE TRUTH FOR YOURSELF AT YOU OWN COST. :eek:GOOD LUCK TO ALL ERAS APPLICANTS THIS UPCOMING SEASON!:xf:

NO RANTING, NO RAVING, JUST THE FACTS REGARDING HOW I WAS TREATED AT THAT PROGRAM.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
It's great to warn people of programs with issues, but a rant is not the way to do it. Stating the facts calmly helps makes for a more compelling post then a simple 'Beware!'.

Members don't see this ad :)
It's great to warn people of programs with issues, but a rant is not the way to do it. Stating the facts calmly helps makes for a more compelling post then a simple 'Beware!'.

Agreed.

For those of you who have contacted me so far, please be patient and I will respond to each of you ASAP.

To those of you whose only purpose here is to criticize posting methodology, OH PUHLEASE.... SPARE ME! If I wanted advice on methodology (ex ranting and raving as there is none of that in the above post), I'd ask for it.

Last edited:
IF YOU ARE A MEDICAL STUDENT THINKING OF APPLYING TO FAMILY MEDICINE RESIDENCY AT UNIVERSITY OF WYOMING IN CHEYENNE, I WILL TELL YOU EXACTLY WHY YOU SHOULD AVOID THIS RESIDENCY LIKE THE PLAGUE.:thumbdown:

PM ME IF GENUINELY INTERESTED OR GO AHEAD, APPLY AND FIND OUT THE TRUTH FOR YOURSELF AT YOU OWN COST. :eek:GOOD LUCK TO ALL ERAS APPLICANTS THIS UPCOMING SEASON!:xf:

NO RANTING, NO RAVING, JUST THE FACTS REGARDING HOW I WAS TREATED AT THAT PROGRAM FOR OVER 2 YEARS.

To those of you whose only purpose here is to criticize posting methodology, OH PUHLEASE.... SPARE ME! If I wanted advice on methodology (ex ranting and raving as there is none of that in the above post), I'd ask for it.

I'm sure the fault is entirely with your former program. From your two posts in this thread we can all see that you're a reasonable, mature, calm, and personable individual that really slows down and looks at things from different perspectives to arrive at an intelligent and sensible conclusion. I'm sure your program was out to get you, since I cannot see how someone like you would ever butt heads or overreact with any fellow residents or program directors.

:rolleyes:

Last edited:

NO RANTING, NO RAVING, JUST THE FACTS REGARDING HOW I WAS TREATED AT THAT PROGRAM FOR OVER 2 YEARS.

Stay away from Allegheny General in Pittsburgh...their IM program is malignant...I had a personal tragedy, had to take time off and was dropped like a bag of garbage

Problems with two different programs ... I sense a pattern.

A residency program is 3 years for FP. Having a program is better than having NO program.

If a program is bad, there are others that are worst. Grass is always greener on the otherside.

Get a program regardless, tough it out and be a better Attending.

What happened?

Last edited:
What happened?

Ditto. It's kind of pointless to start a thread like this, but provide no specifics and encourage no discourse. This is a discussion forum, not some kind of virtual men's room wall where you can just write, "This program sucks!" and leave it at that.

Members don't see this ad :)
To all of you who have PMed me, please check your inbox for a reply. It's funny how I've received 6 responses so far from individuals who have either attended this program or interviewed there and fully agree that this place is to be avoided unless you can't get in anywhere else. When a resident tells an interviewee ON INTERVIEW DAY "don't come here, this is a bad place", there is usually some basis for that statement.

Last edited:
Please check your e-mail for my responses to all your PMs. Keep posted for more replies. Thanks.

I've received 6 responses so far from individuals who have either attended this program or interviewed there and fully agree that this place is to be avoided unless you can't get in anywhere else.

None of whom will provide details publicly...? If you say so.

I PM'd Jerry because I have an interview at Cheyenne and didn't provide any specific information about why not to attend, he just said the same old vague statements. I asked for more details....nothing yet....

I PM'd Jerry because I have an interview at Cheyenne and didn't provide any specific information about why not to attend, he just said the same old vague statements. I asked for more details....nothing yet....

Same here. He even said if I wanted to know more about how they treated him he would let me know. I still haven't heard anything from him for a while. When is your interview TypeA?

So Jerry if you see this please email us back.

I have been busy and not on this site for awhile. Therefore, those of you who are interested in talking with me about my experiences with this program, we can do it via SKYPE so PM me for more information as I will not post any information publicly.

Last edited:
check your PMs...Feb 22nd is coming soon...

Last edited:
this is you last chance to discuss this Jack in a Box residency before you rank....don't make a decision you'll regret

obviously we know how you feel about UW cheyenne, what about Casper ?

obviously we know how you feel about UW cheyenne, what about Casper ?
I won't speak for Casper, I know only what I have heard which is speculative at best...

Last edited:
QUOTE:
A residency program is 3 years for FP. Having a program is better than having NO program.

If a program is bad, there are others that are worst. Grass is always greener on the otherside.

Get a program regardless, tough it out and be a better Attending.

yeah...there's nothing better than "settling" for a crappy program when a budding physician is used to excelling throughout his/her entire life..uh huh...yeah right:rolleyes:

As a reminder, insulting other members is a violation of the Terms of Service. I don't see much further usefulness coming out of this thread....closing.

If you are a medical student thinking of applying to Family Medicine Residency at University of Wyoming in Cheyenne, I will tell you exactly, through pm only, why you should avoid this residency like the plague.

Pm me if genuinely interested or go ahead, apply and find out the truth for yourself at you own cost. Good luck to all eras applicants this upcoming season!

No ranting, no raving, just the facts regarding how i was treated at that program.

I will not, under any circumstances, post any reply for information through public forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.