Awaiting LORs..can they delay my application?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

I just asked for a LOR from my CCU rotation and I'm awaiting a letter from an anesthesiologist. I would prefer to read them before sending them out to programs but this may take until late September. Is it okay to list one LOR for now and add the other letters later? In other words, if I don't have the required 3 LORs for most programs, will be cause my application to be incomplete and delay my interview chances?

Members don't see this ad.

Toast said:
I just asked for a LOR from my CCU rotation and I'm awaiting a letter from an anesthesiologist. I would prefer to read them before sending them out to programs but this may take until late September. Is it okay to list one LOR for now and add the other letters later? In other words, if I don't have the required 3 LORs for most programs, will be cause my application to be incomplete and delay my interview chances?
You should go ahead and "Designate a New Letter Writer" in ERAS even if your recommenders haven't actually mailed in the letters. This creates a placeholder of sorts in ERAS. When your registrar receives the letter, s/he will scan it in and programs will then be able to download it. If you check the other forums, you will see that some students have already started receiving interview offers even though their applications are now as of yet incomplete.

-AT.