Away during Interview Season

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sardonix

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a midwest DO student. I will be applying for FM.

I will be at an away rotation until late October. While I could obviously interview at places near that rotation, I am worried that interview season will be ramping up and I'm going to be nearly 750mi away from the tristate area that I will be primarily applying to.

Will this be a major obstacle, or will scheduling all interviews after October 19th be okay?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I am a midwest DO student. I will be applying for FM.

I will be at an away rotation until late October. While I could obviously interview at places near that rotation, I am worried that interview season will be ramping up and I'm going to be nearly 750mi away from the tristate area that I will be primarily applying to.

Will this be a major obstacle, or will scheduling all interviews after October 19th be okay?

Thanks.

You'll be fine. Most places don't start interviews until the second or third week of October (because they need to actually review applications and who can come to an interview with <1 week notice?). You will also most likely have several interview dates to choose from when you are invited to interview.

Don't stress about this.

You'll be fine. Most places don't start interviews until the second or third week of October (because they need to actually review applications and who can come to an interview with <1 week notice?). You will also most likely have several interview dates to choose from when you are invited to interview.

Don't stress about this.

Awesome, thanks for putting my neuroses in check. Appreciate it!

Reactions: 1 user