AWWARDS 2018 (Emeritus)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Animal Midwife

perpetually confused
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I'm not sure if I'll be able to do anything beyond announcing names since this would be doing two at once, but I wanted to give retired and/or somewhat inactive players and mods a chance at being recognized. For consistency, this will follow the same format of the first AWWARDS to avoid chronological dissonance in what categories people can be nominated for.

From December 19 to January 16, you may nominate people for different categories. Starting January 16 until February 4, you may vote. This thread may be used to publicly speculate. Live reveal starts February 8th at 9PM EST.

Guidelines
  • You may include a maximum of three people in your nominations per category. You may only vote for one person in the eventual voting.
  • Names nominated at least twice in each category will be on final ballot.
  • You may not attempt to send in multiple nomination or voting ballots.
  • Posts in threads aren't nominations.
  • You may change your nominations, as long as you resend the entire post. Nominations may not be changed after deadline.
  • You may not self-nominate/self-vote.
I'll start accepting nominations in PMs. The message should include your nominees for each category.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Categories
Friendliest player
Funniest player
Most improved
Best noob
Best quote
Best game
Best village (team)
Best wolves (team)
Best villager
Best wolf
Best overall
Best mod
Funniest mod
Most likely to die D1
Most likely to die N1
Easiest push
Hardest push
Best role
Most likely to choke
Best fakeclaim
Best reads
Best 3p
Best team player
Wackiest tinfoil
Most commonly village read
Most commonly wolf read

Members don't see this ad :)
Yo this thread title makes it seem like everyone is dead or something

Have we been dead this whole time
It was a title I found absolutely hilarious at 3am so I don't even know.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Yo this thread title makes it seem like everyone is dead or something

Have we been dead this whole time
It's like that goosebumps book when the kid finds out he has nightmares about dying in a fire overnight because his house already burned down weeks ago with him in it

... or am I making this up? Writing it out makes it sound really dark for a kids book. Maybe that was my own childhood nightmare :thinking:

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 2 users
Wow I rage quit from at least 2 of these games, I think

Maybe after we've been doing this for a few years and have rewarded all of our friends for their achievements and successes, we can make a Razzies equivalent @Animal Midwife ?

Award categories such as:

Most likely to rage quit || Most epic meltdown || Biggest PITA to the modding teams || Most likely to modbandon || Worst fake claim || Worst village fumble || Most unbalanced game || Most invisible ghost

...but not until we have enough of the real, happy awards under our belts :giggle:

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users
Am I not dead already?

Also get the heck out of here with this not going back to the heyday of me modding. If you can't have my modded games, then it's not a real award ceremony.

There was award for most likely to be acted on night one by every single non-lethal move in the game, I would have to win that by definition right?

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Am I not dead already?

Also get the heck out of here with this not going back to the heyday of me modding. If you can't have my modded games, then it's not a real award ceremony.

There was award for most likely to be acted on night one by every single non-lethal move in the game, I would have to win that by definition right?

Oho! Now i'm hoping to see you in more games where possible. I remember like one and sadly don't know any DocE games :bag::sorry:

• Haha
We discussed at the first award is for nicest player? What sort of crap is that?

this game is about sowing distrust and actively hating people for the rest of your living days for the psychiatric injuries their betrayals caused you.

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
this game is about sowing distrust and actively hating people for the rest of your living days for the psychiatric injuries their betrayals caused you.
Yeah but this is pre-vet, not SDN at large. We're all delicate. How else do you think we get woodland creatures to follow us around?

giphy (61).gif

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
So many good games in this crop.

We discussed at the first award is for nicest player? What sort of crap is that?

This is why you get lynched early and often ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
OH does this cover the period where I was being screwed over by vig's every few games? Because if so I'd like that to be a category: "Most likely to get screwed over by a vig."

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
OH does this cover the period where I was being screwed over by vig's every few games? Because if so I'd like that to be a category: "Most likely to get screwed over by a vig."
Yes, but it's missing THE vig from 2017.

• Haha
  • Wow
I think I peaked in 2016/2017. We should go back to those oldies. ;) I feel like lately all I've done is barely participate and then fight like hell when getting lynched (and occasionally give up and post nothing but bottle of bear quotes - is that a category??)

Sent from my phone using the mobile app because I bought it and I'm stubborn

• Haha
Uhm this was peak noob dolphino time. These were honestly when I was much more active too. I miss these games :banana: :sorry:

Reactions: 7 users
@Animal Midwife might I suggest the word emeritus as in moderator/Player emeritus instead of Posthumous for the title?

I’m confused but hi guys I miss you all vet school is crazy and idk how y’all play this during school at all

• Love
Wow I rage quit from at least 2 of these games, I think

Maybe after we've been doing this for a few years and have rewarded all of our friends for their achievements and successes, we can make a Razzies equivalent @Animal Midwife ?

Award categories such as:

Most likely to rage quit || Most epic meltdown || Biggest PITA to the modding teams || Most likely to modbandon || Worst fake claim || Worst village fumble || Most unbalanced game || Most invisible ghost

...but not until we have enough of the real, happy awards under our belts :giggle:
Wait, raging is commonplace in this game??? :rofl:

Thank heavens I'm not the only crazy

• Haha
I want to say Colorado was one, but am unsure of others.

She played inafter that. I’ve played 2-3 with her and Colorado was my first game.

I think I peaked in 2016/2017. We should go back to those oldies. ;) I feel like lately all I've done is barely participate and then fight like hell when getting lynched (and occasionally give up and post nothing but bottle of bear quotes - is that a category??)

Sent from my phone using the mobile app because I bought it and I'm stubborn

False, you were a spectacular

Wait, raging is commonplace in this game??? :rofl:

Thank heavens I'm not the only crazy

Oh yes, there have been many rages. Has there been an absence of salt lately?

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
2018 definitely marked the end of my WW "career", because I don't recognize many of these games. Damn you, residency!