Program-Specific Info / Q's (AZ) ATSU and MWU Updates

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

xfutureOTDx

Reaction score
Thread for anyone applying to these schools. I'm from AZ and would love to keep up with updates on submissions/interviews/acceptances. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad.

I got an invite from MWU, nothing yet from ATSU. You?

Update: Got an ATSU invite.

Last edited:
Nothing yet from ATSU, I haven’t applied to MWU because I was waitlisted last year, I am considering it though.

Members don't see this ad :)
I submitted submitted around 6th of August, got a response from them Aug. 31st.

I submitted submitted around 6th of August, got a response from them Aug. 31st.

Hi my portal was updated saying I got an interview and it allows me to schedule my interviewed but I was never emailed. Is that normal?

Hi my portal was updated saying I got an interview and it allows me to schedule my interviewed but I was never emailed. Is that normal?
Honestly. I would call them up. If they hadn't sent me an email chances go, I would have not noticed their interview.

Anyone else have an interview for MWU November 6th? I submitted my application and got the invitation within a few days so it seems like they are going through apps very frequently :)

Anyone else have an interview for MWU November 6th? I submitted my application and got the invitation within a few days so it seems like they are going through apps very frequently :)
I got the Oct. 8th option. Which program where you invited for?

Members don't see this ad :)
Really? How do you know! I am out-of-state also.
Well, their MSOT admission profiles gave the stats of different admitted states. For OTD, it was like 94% in-state.

Occupational Therapy Program in Glendale, AZ | Midwestern University

I just got verified for MWU! How long did it take you guys to hear back?

I just got verified for MWU! How long did it take you guys to hear back?

Honestly like a week or two, they were very quick but only gave an option for one interview time slot that doesn’t work for me so I’m kind of bummed!

I understand that, same thing happened to me with Brenau. They gave me a week to plan my visit there. I’m going to be flying from VA to GA. Luckily my job is flexible but I can’t imagine how difficult that is with someone who does not have that option.

I understand that, same thing happened to me with Brenau. They gave me a week to plan my visit there. I’m going to be flying from VA to GA. Luckily my job is flexible but I can’t imagine how difficult that is with someone who does not have that option.

That happened to me last year with Breanu too! My job isn’t flexible at all but I somehow got lucky enough to have two days off to go.

I got both of my supplemental applications verified early last week, how in-between before receiving interview invitations?

I got both of my supplemental applications verified early last week, how in-between before receiving interview invitations?
I got an invite at almost 3 weeks after verification.

Last edited:
Has anyone been receiving any recent interview invites from ATSU or MWU?

Has anyone been receiving any recent interview invites from ATSU or MWU?

I had to check my MWU account to see that they asked for me to schedule an interview date, so I would continue to check their website periodically because they did not email me to schedule it. Also, today I received an email that my ATSU Secondary application was confirmed and I turned that in over a month ago so I believe they are moving pretty slow. In the email, they said they are sending out interview invitations soon or recently started.

I had to check my MWU account to see that they asked for me to schedule an interview date, so I would continue to check their website periodically because they did not email me to schedule it. Also, today I received an email that my ATSU Secondary application was confirmed and I turned that in over a month ago so I believe they are moving pretty slow. In the email, they said they are sending out interview invitations soon or recently started.
Thank you so much! I had to look through my spam to see MWU stuff sent. Thanks for the updates!

When is your interview for MWU?

Hello!
I actually got waitlisted about a week after I submitted my application to MWU. Congrats to everyone else!

Congrats! How long ago did you interview and apply? I still have yet to hear anything from them.
I am also waiting to hear from them. When did you apply? I applied 10/29 so a bit late.

I was accepted to ATSU!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Congratulations!!! That is so exciting!

If you don’t mind me asking could you answer these questions. When did you submit your secondary application, hear back, and interview??

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats! How long ago did you interview and apply? I still have yet to hear anything from them.

Thank you! I applied in August, they usually send out the secondary email shortly after you apply I would definitely recommend checking your junk mail if you haven’t already, if not definitely give them a call.

Congratulations!!! That is so exciting!

If you don’t mind me asking could you answer these questions. When did you submit your secondary application, hear back, and interview??

Thank you! I submitted my secondary application at the end of August, then got invited to interview about 3 weeks later and had my interview about a month after that.

Thank you! I submitted my secondary application at the end of August, then got invited to interview about 3 weeks later and had my interview about a month after that.

How did the interview go?

I am also waiting to hear from them. When did you apply? I applied 10/29 so a bit late.
I applied in mid September and submitted my secondary app in late September, so I will probably call soon and ask for an update.

Update: MWU called me back today. Got in. Declined. Keep an eye out for a 623 area code.

Take my spot, guys!