Program-Specific Info / Q's (AZ) ATSU and MWU Updates

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I ended up calling ATSU and they said that they just have a lot of applications to go through so I guess we just have to be patient.

Members don't see this ad.

What time do they call? Do you think more will go out this week? It is my dream school.
They called at noon, before 12:30. I interviewed early in Oct. I think they call after a few interview batches. So, I say yes.

Thank you so much! What were your stats if you don't mind? I interviewed the first week of November so hoping for good news.
Pre-req: 4.0
Variation of hours in settings: pediatrics (school for special needs), hippotherapy, hand therapy, neuro etc.

I had extra volunteer hours with hospice palliative care, mental health etc. etc.

So, nothing too cool. I am sure you will hear news soon.

Members don't see this ad :)
How did the interview go?

This was my 2nd interview via Skype because I interviewed last year after the program was already full and got waitlisted but it’s very straightforward. I felt comfortable, they just want to know about you and if you’re a good fit for their program. Nothing out of the ordinary, some situational questions!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

I’m think of applying to AT Still for the OTD Program but the deadline isn’t until January 2020 or so. Is it too late to apply? It seems like people are already interviewing/receiving acceptances.

Hi! I got interviews for both school. I had my interview with midwestern Nov 6th. Got a call yesterday that I am accepted into the program. So I cancelled my ATSU interview! Good luck!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: 1 user
Hi! I got interviews for both school. I had my interview with midwestern Nov 6th. Got a call yesterday that I am accepted into the program. So I cancelled my ATSU interview! Good luck!!!!!!!!!
Congrats! What time did they call and do you know if they’ll send out anymore on Monday? I’m starting to lose hope. :(

Thank you! They called at 10:44am Phoenix time. Please don’t loose hope! When did you interview? They told my interview group that all decisions will be finalized within 3 weeks of the time of your interview!

I’m think of applying to AT Still for the OTD Program but the deadline isn’t until January 2020 or so. Is it too late to apply? It seems like people are already interviewing/receiving acceptances.

Hey! Yes interviews have been going on. The dead line is January 2020 but since AT Still university is on a rolling admissions I would apply like now. As soon as they fill up their seats they will end taking applicants. Think of it as first come first serve. Has anyone interviews their recently?? I will be there dec 6!

Just found out I was put on the alternate list. :( does anyone know how likely it is to get off of it?

Hey! Yes interviews have been going on. The dead line is January 2020 but since AT Still university is on a rolling admissions I would apply like now. As soon as they fill up their seats they will end taking applicants. Think of it as first come first serve. Has anyone interviews their recently?? I will be there dec 6!

I will also be there on the 6th!

Hey! Has anyone tried calling schools for updates? I’m not sure if anyone has before? Do schools like if we call or do they think it’s annoying?

Thank you! I just sent my secondary application today. I’m waiting to be verified now. Let me know how your interview goes. Good luck!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone! I have an interview December 6th at ATSU for the Masters program and was told I am an alternate at Midwestern.

Hi everyone! I have an interview December 6th at ATSU for the Masters program and was told I am an alternate at Midwestern.
When were you notified for the ATSU interview?

Just found out I was put on the alternate list. :( does anyone know how likely it is to get off of it?
Did they tell you why you were an alternate? All they told me was that I was shy during the interview

Hi guys!

I applied to AT Still last week and I received the interview email today! Just an update if anyone is on the lookout for that email.

When is your interview?

The website gave me the option to do it on December 6th. But that’s not happening because I have to prepare myself for the interview and I live in California Lol.

So I scheduled my interview for the next upcoming interview, January 17th!

The website gave me the option to do it on December 6th. But that’s not happening because I have to prepare myself for the interview and I live in California Lol.

So I scheduled my interview for the next upcoming interview, January 17th!
Oh okay I see! I live in New Mexico so mine is December 6th

I applied to the Masters Program, I'm also an alternate at Midwestern. Hoping I get into ATSU.

Oh okay. I applied for the OTD program at AT Still. I was going to apply to Midwestern but after researching about the program, the MSOT program costs almost $130k and it’s known to have the highest tuition cost versus other OT schools. Definitely not worth the debt!

Reactions: 1 user
Hi everyone! I have officially been accepted to ATSU for the OT Masters Program

Reactions: 2 users
I was accepted to ATSU! I'm unsure if I am going to accept though because I have two other interviews coming up this month and in December, and one is for my top school.

Congrats on the acceptance! I know you said you were unsure of accepting because of other interviews. Do they give you a deadline of how long you have until they withdraw your acceptance? Just curious

Has anyone received an acceptance in the mail for ATSU? or only am email?

Has anyone been able to RSVP for orientation?