AZCOM C.O 2010 Match List

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PharaohDO

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Congrats to the class of 2010! Share where you matched so that we may celebrate with you all! Wouldn't mind either if you posted what choice you matched at!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah seriously wow. That is a pretty good looking match list right there. Lots of variety!

The thing I'm most impressed with is google. I've never seen a list on google maps like that. I mean, yeah I've seen businesses/schools/etc but the match list on a US map is pretty cool.

All hail google.

My class. Gotta love it. We have some serious ballers on there, as you guys can see.

Either that, or mommy and daddy made sure that they had "sufficient" matches. Let's not lie to ourselves. For every allopathic ortho. match, there is always a allopathic derm. match with mommy or daddy sitting in the administration booth or making the right calls. I know that was the case in my class.

Either that, or mommy and daddy made sure that they had "sufficient" matches. Let's not lie to ourselves. For every allopathic ortho. match, there is always a allopathic derm. match with mommy or daddy sitting in the administration booth or making the right calls. I know that was the case in my class.

Welcome to the real world. Now, stop pissing on the parade. Thanks for making us look good and best of luck to all that matched.

Ha Ha!!!! I only wish I had that great a connection. BTW... I'm the Rad Onc match. Be happy to answer ???'s for any of you crazies interested in applying Rad Onc... just PM me.

But to defend myself and my comrade/very good friend that matched MD derm at Mayo... we both could only wish we had any sort of familial connection at either of the facilities we matched!!! The reason we matched was #1 luck, #2 prayer, #3 working our butts off, and #4 VERY competitive grades, board scores, and research.

Just an idea. Here's my friends stats/experience: class rank #1, USMLE's in the 240's/250's, away rotations at institutions like Mayo, Cleveland Clinic, etc. with OUTSTANDING LOR's from well-known docs in the field. Derm research published in top Derm Journal, presented at National Derm Conference; great personality, easy to get along with, worked his butt off on aways. MATCHED AT #1 Choice - MAYO!!!

As for me, someone wanted to know where I matched on my list-- #7 of 11 interviews. Only got the interviews because I made contacts, had people call on my behalf. Despite great grades, research, boards, etc. If you don't know someone in these fields, you will NOT get interviews!!!!!! Trust me. If you plan on matching, make friends/connections early, and with people that are well-connected. Otherwise, pray.... A LOT.

FT

But to defend myself and my comrade/very good friend that matched MD derm at Mayo... we both could only wish we had any sort of familial connection at either of the facilities we matched!!! The reason we matched was #1 prayer, #2 working our butts off, and #3 VERY competitive grades, board scores, and research.
[/COLOR]

FT

Fixed that for ya.:D CONGRATSS!!!!

Ha Ha!!!! I only wish I had that great a connection. BTW... I'm the Rad Onc match. Be happy to answer ???'s for any of you crazies interested in applying Rad Onc... just PM me.

But to defend myself and my comrade/very good friend that matched MD derm at Mayo... we both could only wish we had any sort of familial connection at either of the facilities we matched!!! The reason we matched was #1 luck, #2 prayer, #3 working our butts off, and #4 VERY competitive grades, board scores, and research.

Just an idea. Here's my friends stats/experience: class rank #1, USMLE's in the 240's/250's, away rotations at institutions like Mayo, Cleveland Clinic, etc. with OUTSTANDING LOR's from well-known docs in the field. Derm research published in top Derm Journal, presented at National Derm Conference; great personality, easy to get along with, worked his butt off on aways. MATCHED AT #1 Choice - MAYO!!!

As for me, someone wanted to know where I matched on my list-- #7 of 11 interviews. Only got the interviews because I made contacts, had people call on my behalf. Despite great grades, research, boards, etc. If you don't know someone in these fields, you will NOT get interviews!!!!!! Trust me. If you plan on matching, make friends/connections early, and with people that are well-connected. Otherwise, pray.... A LOT.

FT

Congratulations to both of you and all your classmates!! I actually met a friend of yours and he is a very nice person.

I agree with you, it is certainly a combination of factors that contributes to a successful match, definitely lots of hard work and luck. The same holds true for any applicant, MD or DO, top medical school, etc. Having said that, unfortunately there are always applicants with outstanding numbers and who work extraordinary hard and who don't match.

In general in find it somewhat disappointing when someone says that the only way someone matches because of familial connections. Really?

Anyways, the purpose of my post is that any match is possible through hard work and perseverance. It is harder for osteopathic applicant or foreign graduates just only because there are so many outstanding MD applicants but if you prepare your CV and you are qualified, the majority of programs will give you a fair chance.

A very good friend of mine, from CCOM (osteopathic school in Chicago), matched rad onc this year as well. He worked very hard (outstanding CV) and had >15 interview offers at great places. Again, being a DO is a bit harder but I don't think it is impossible to match or to get interview offers in most fields (don't know much about plastics?).

BTW, I am a 4th year at CCOM as well and matched in derm at Cleveland Clinic (#1 choice, did not rotate there). Sure, the application process was not easy but definitely not impossible.

If anyone has any questions, I would be very happy to be helpful and offer any advice/assistance that I learned through this process. The same for rad onc, I will be happy to share the contact of my friend.

Have a nice weekend everyone....

P.S. My key point is that if you are a DO or a foreign graduate, to be able to compete, you have to have the same qualifications as your competitors. So if you are applying for derm and the majority of matched applicants have boards >240 and >5 research abstr/papers and great LORs, that is what you need to have to compete. So the point is find out what you need to have to compete and work on your application. It is very doable.

Again, it is harder to match not because one is a DO but because we simply don't have the same qualifications: rank of school, AOA status, research opportunities. Having said, if you work on your boards and try to get involved with research and get letters from people well-known in the field, you will increase your chances.

Last edited:
Osteo ENT/Facial Plastics is still insanely competitive, and from my understanding, the programs are top notch.