AZCOM Class of 2006

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Sugar 72,
Did you apply to LSU-NO or Tulane. Seems like you would be very competitive with your scores?

Members don't see this ad.

J - I applied to LSU-NO...it is so cheap how could I resist! I interviewed there in October and the interview did not go very well. I was finely rejected about 2 weeks ago after they strung me along for the last 8 months.
Last summer I went to visit the Dean of Admissions to get a critique of my chances and he said that my lack of any recent volunteer experience and my lack of upper level science courses would probably prevent me from being accepted.
It is really cheap and would have been very convenient. If I had gotten accepted, I would probably have attended. I think I will become the doctor I want to be at AZCOM, though. I am much more excited about AZCOM than I ever was about LSU. In fact, when I finally got my rejection letter my husband congratulated me, because he knew I really didn't want to stay here for school.
I will miss a lot of things about New Orleans, but I can always come back here in a couple of years.
FYI, there are a couple of DO residents in the ER program at Charity.

Hey Everyone!
I was just wondering how many of you are going to live on campus, and how many off campus?

Members don't see this ad :)
Im living on-campus. Apartment E310. I will be in AZ this coming week. My fiance (sp?), parents and I are going to stop by the apartment and see where furniture will fit, and do some measuring, just so we know what we need. Perhaps I'll see about a tour of the campus for my parents.

Later days,

Ryan

I don't think I've posted on this thread yet, so I wanted to introduce myself to you all. My name is Adam and I'm from Utah. I just started reading these discussions not too long ago, and I'm glad to see some of my future class mates on here. In response to the above question, I will be living on campus -- when I interviewed, all the med students that I talked to recommended it, so I figured I'd give it a try. If it doesn't work out, I can always live somewhere else next year. :)

•••quote:•••Originally posted by adamj_ut:
•I don't think I've posted on this thread yet, so I wanted to introduce myself to you all. My name is Adam and I'm from Utah. I just started reading these discussions not too long ago, and I'm glad to see some of my future class mates on here. In response to the above question, I will be living on campus -- when I interviewed, all the med students that I talked to recommended it, so I figured I'd give it a try. If it doesn't work out, I can always live somewhere else next year. :) •••••Welcome aboard Adam!

I, too, will be on-campus. I have one of those studio apartments (VERY small!)......hope it works out OK. See ya'll later!

adam, where is gunnison?? Ryan-- when is the big day??? Are you planning on getting married during med school?