AZCOM Class of 2012 Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
From what I understand, it is not even necessry to have a laptop. I bought a gateway notebook last year and I will have that with me when I move, but I don't plan on lugging it with me to class. I am hoping I can get by with just my blackberry.

p.s. I don't know about you guys, but I am starting to get really excited about moving!!

I'm with you, I can't wait to move! :D

As far as laptops go, I hear they're not really necessary. I guess we get a packet of materials that covers what we're learning. So a laptop is really only useful if you don't want to write on this packet.

That being said, my handwriting it atrocious, so I'm still considering using one. I guess you can use whatever you want, but they "prefer" Windows-based laptops. The reason being they don't actually have an Apple IT person. Kinda annoys me, since I'm a Mac user, but I can always run Windows on my Mac if they really get fussy about it.

Members don't see this ad.

I know there's a "what laptop are you getting" thread, but I'd like to know what kind you guys are bringing. I'm not sure what kind of laptop AZCOM suggests and what kind they wouldn't (apple?). Does anyone know what kind of specs are needed or know if that info is online?

Also, since the financial aid checks won't even be coming until the first month after school starts, are most of you guys just waiting until then to buy a laptop? Waiting until a month or even a week into school to get a laptop seems sketchy. If I did that, I would just make do with the one I use now until getting the new one, but it makes more sense to get the new laptop before school starts, right?

During our tour they said they don't have a computer recommendation/suggestion.

I just bought a Lenovo x61 Tablet. I don't really OWN a computer (my work lets me take one home) so I figured I might as well get a good one. I am, shamefully, an IT guy though so this kind of thing is important to me.

My I just got a notice that my computer left Shanghai this morning. I'm pretty excited.

I know there's a "what laptop are you getting" thread, but I'd like to know what kind you guys are bringing. I'm not sure what kind of laptop AZCOM suggests and what kind they wouldn't (apple?). Does anyone know what kind of specs are needed or know if that info is online?

Also, since the financial aid checks won't even be coming until the first month after school starts, are most of you guys just waiting until then to buy a laptop? Waiting until a month or even a week into school to get a laptop seems sketchy. If I did that, I would just make do with the one I use now until getting the new one, but it makes more sense to get the new laptop before school starts, right?

Yeah, you don't need a laptop but it is useful. I have an apple and love it. Looking around the class, it seems we're split 50/50 on apple vs PC. I've had no problems with mine though. There are no necessary specs required, though the school has been talking about doing more electronically, currently you don't even really need a computer - you could just use the ones at school. I think where electronics will come in handy more is when you get a handheld to hold all your programs for rotations/residency. But you don't want to buy that now anyway because in 2 years the market for that kind of product will be so different. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
as far as laptops go I am planning on a apple macbook air... or a tablet PC (the ones with the touch screens that you can write on with a stylus...)

i really doubt that AZCOM suggests a particular notebook... some places (like AT Still Mesa) require a certain one just so that their IT guys will know how to fix it without thinking, and who likes to think... but windows is windows is windows... macs run vista faster than PCs now so it doesnt matter... i dont know if i would try to get by with OS X if i were you, but if that is what you know then dual boot...

anyone who knows nothing about computers can PM me and i will try to explain what they should do... really pretty simple... get whatever seems the coolest and most useful to you and I promise i can make it work with whatever they have

I'd say out of 150 of us, there's probably only 2-3 people I've seen using a laptop during class. So you definitely won't be in the minority if you don't have a fancy 'chine!

What's really nice is a handheld (Palm, smartphone) to hold your schedule. The schedule gets rather complex (unless you don't go to class :) ) and you can add in the topics and page numbers for each lecture, since they're given usually a week or two in advance, and you can then use your calendar as a study roadmap. OK, paper and pen would work about as well but with a handheld you can repeat events which saves writing. Plus, you can see it better in the dark.

I think a Palm Centro would be just about ideal for AZCOM MS-1. Keep your laptop at home to run HistoTime (available from big sib or other upperclassmen), and to check your email when not on campus.

Otherwise, stay away from computers; it's a huge time sink. Spending 10-20 hrs a week on the computer (ostensibly researching, emailing, keeping up with world events but really just wasting time) was my downfall last fall :(

Similarly, texting friends and checking stocks, email, etc., during class may be a fun and tension-relieving distraction, but in the long run it is LITERALLY a distraction from the very important process of learning to take in voluminous information quickly and efficiently. This, too, was my great failing last fall.

Don't worry too much about the technology and stay focused on studying. Keep in mind also that, generally speaking, the longer you wait, the cheaper and better computers get, so there's an advantage to putting off such purchases. Best of luck everyone!

i can see everyone's point with regard to not NEEDING any technology, computer or smartphone

i kinda like playing with technology too, so maybe i like the stuff for its own sake, but I dont know if it is as useless as people make out... for one there is search feature which can make finding something in your notes so much easier, particularly if it is a whole semester worth of notes, or something from a few semesters back... you can scan in pictures and figures and annotate them with an accuracy and permanence that is not possible writing in a textbook... for myself I create a central note file for each class each day and include passages from different books and notes and bring them all together compehensively, and by creating that file i learn the material just by figuring out the best way to organize it, many times if i do that before the class and just edit while the lecture happens I pretty much have it all figured out by the time class is over, a quick review later and I'm golden without even trying, color coding is easier and more discriminating and unified, i can do a MUCH better job using a laptop... I can type while reading a book without looking whereas my handwriting would be illegible... i do that all the time, those are just a few things off the top of my head, hell the ability to create hyperlinks to other files and locations in the document is amazingly useful... i can teach people to do this stuff... it isnt hard... having a digital camera and the ability to put those on a computer and make notes like that will be so useful i think and require less revisiting the lab etc...

I am sure that some jaded MS2 is going to tell me how there is no way I can put that much work into everything and keep up, we will see, at least i will have the option. tablet PCs are becoming extremely widely used in hospitals... my opinion is that running from progress is not wise

I have a blackberry pearl and it is nice to be able to get on the internet for small things... check your email at anytime... always have a document with you to review... scheduling would also be nice... I think if you cannot find a way to make technology work better than a pen and paper you are not trying very hard

as far as texting in class or getting on the internet instead of participating and engaging in lecture... great warning... but what does that have to do with the price of tea in china? I mean if you need to remove distractions to suceed then you might as well give up, sell all of your stuff and go sit on a stump on walden pond and think about the beauty of leaves and other BS like that, life is all about distractions and self control and you are really only putting a band-aid on a bigger issue there

I am sure you can get by without it, sit at home with your glitter, glue, and popsicle sticks having arts and crafts time, making infinitely illegible sticky notes and tabs and highlighting, but myself I will take the computer

Good luck at AZCOM~!

Also, as far as technology/equipment needed for class/academics: a quality stethoscope, either a cardio 3 or master cardiology is what most people get. As far as books, there are very few you actually need. Netter's, a good histo book, a neuroanatomy atlas, Robbin's, Dubin's EKG, are the basic essentials. Other then that, don't buy it unless you find you can't make due without it...

PDA's are nice in theory, I own a Palm Tx that has about twenty medical programs on it, including Epocrates. I have used it a handful of times to look something up at a hospital. In general, I find Tarson's (small book) to be faster for looking up dosing. The PDA takes up more space in your pockets, is slow to load/find info, etc. If you need to do more reading, then just go to uptodate.com or another online resource. A few colleagues of mine are very reliant on PDA's, which is fine until they are 12 hours into a 30+ hour shift and their battery is dead... Beyond Tarson's, I would recommend a Maxwell's Quick Reference. When you get to rotations, a pocket guide/book for whatever service you on at the time. Boards and Wards, Surgical Recall, Blueprints, etc.

A laptop in class I would not recommend. A few people use them, but I think its inefficient and a distraction to those around you. If you want to surf the net, just skip class and do it from home. Lectures go too fast to actually type out anything other then the occasional note (unless maybe you are trained transcriptionist)....

i guess I am the idiot here

everyone with experience seems to think computers are useless so i guess ship me back to the 70's...

another thing i used to do in anatomy is make conditionally labeled figures so that i could see the figure and try to label in my head then click and have the labels appear... but why do that when you can make a huge frigging stack of flash cards with awful hand-drawn pictures...

in class i will be the one guy with a laptop... see you walking past the library computers to sit outside and enjoy the mild Arizona winter while you breathe the recycled library farts of all the med students that came before

i guess I am the idiot here

everyone with experience seems to think computers are useless so i guess ship me back to the 70's...

another thing i used to do in anatomy is make conditionally labeled figures so that i could see the figure and try to label in my head then click and have the labels appear... but why do that when you can make a huge frigging stack of flash cards with awful hand-drawn pictures...

in class i will be the one guy with a laptop... see you walking past the library computers to sit outside and enjoy the mild Arizona winter while you breathe the recycled library farts of all the med students that came before

Relax, my friend. Everyone has their own best tools. Computers don't work for me because I'm an addict and I just get sucked in. It sounds like you have some pretty cool techniques. More power to ya. I do like having Netter's flashcards on my Palm because I can study them just everywhere--in line at the grocery store, at the dentist's, etc. But I'm finding that board review books work better for me than hand written study sheets and cards. My memory is crappy, so I need to be repeating the material over and over in my mind before it starts to sink in. I'm still looking for the best study approach for my particular brain. It's getting better. A psychologist told me the best way to memorize is to enter the data through several pathways--auditory, visual, kinesthetic. I'm going to think about some of the ideas you've posted, too. But for now, the computer stays at home and my fingers stay away from keyboards!
:( :) :confused: :idea:

Is anyone on here from the October 24 interview? it was a while ago but just seeing if any of you go in. Sorry to change topic from technology...computers are cool, but I still stick to the oldschool pen and paper.

having a digital camera and the ability to put those on a computer and make notes like that will be so useful i think and require less revisiting the lab etc...

I am sure that some jaded MS2 is going to tell me how there is no way I can put that much work into everything and keep up, we will see, at least i will have the option. tablet PCs are becoming extremely widely used in hospitals... my opinion is that running from progress is not wise

As far as a digital camera - they won't let you take pictures of anything during lectures, and you are absolutely not allowed to take a camera into the gross lab. Rohen's atlas will have you covered on cadaveric pictures though.

I am an MS1 with a Lenovo X60 convertible tablet and I cannot imagine not having my computer. A major hangup I have with school is that I cannot get anything done at home. I do all of my studying on campus and the laptop is a necessity for how I study. I used Microsoft OneNote to make my own note sets for a lot of classes (especially histology and biochem). The med stud DVD that you guys will get is also a few gigs, and having it loaded to the hard drive makes life much easier with histology and neurosciences (there are many, many power point files full of images for each unit). Another thing that I found convenient were digital note card programs.

My initial intentions with my laptop were for note taking in class - a admirable idea, but it never worked out. It is just too slow/inconvenient to use for note taking with the ability to draw images. Either you have to type the notes for speed and accuracy which prevents you from drawing images, or you have to hand write the notes (which is slower than writing with a pen and paper) even then you had to gamble on the predictive writing reader.

Members don't see this ad :)
I found about midway through my tough upper level science courses that I study best by rewriting my notes before an exam and incorporating all necessary information to make them as comprehensive as possible. It literally turned me from a B student to an A student. Unfortunately, this is a very time consuming process for me as it works best when I hand write them. Does anyone else do this in med school and get away with it timewise? Or should I be exploring a new study method? Thanks!!!

Any msI/II have any booklists or suggestions for us newbies? Chicago is still freezing. WHYYYY.

as far as texting in class or getting on the internet instead of participating and engaging in lecture... great warning... but what does that have to do with the price of tea in china? I mean if you need to remove distractions to suceed then you might as well give up, sell all of your stuff and go sit on a stump on walden pond and think about the beauty of leaves and other BS like that, life is all about distractions and self control and you are really only putting a band-aid on a bigger issue there

I am sure you can get by without it, sit at home with your glitter, glue, and popsicle sticks having arts and crafts time, making infinitely illegible sticky notes and tabs and highlighting, but myself I will take the computer

Theraball's view on the reality of med school is actually right on. Life will be all about eliminating distractions. I promise you, watching paint dry is extremely fascinating when you are on hour 10 of an all day Saturday embryo-palooza and you know that you will do the same thing the next day, the next weekend, the next month, etc. [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3ukCqmXmpE[/youtube]

Learning to avoid distractions is probably the most useful tool you will have for studying.

Having used wonderful public transportation my whole life, I think it may be time to fold and buy a car for my upcoming AZCOM adventure :(

That said, does anyone think the Phoenix climate is too hot for a convertible? I figure that since there are no winters, why not go ahead and add a little cool :cool::laugh:

Having used wonderful public transportation my whole life, I think it may be time to fold and buy a car for my upcoming AZCOM adventure :(

That said, does anyone think the Phoenix climate is too hot for a convertible? I figure that since there are no winters, why not go ahead and add a little cool :cool::laugh:

It can NEVER be too hot for a person with the name DiscoFever.:laugh:
In fact, with a name like that, you have to have a convertible. Anything less would be unacceptable.

But seriously I think you'd be fine.

Freakin' LOL, DocBR, you freakin' crack me up. Now get back to that hypoxemia lecture. And when you're done, figure out a way to teach me about how all those partial pressure differences end up with us breathing. That'd be great. I'll expect a full presentation in the a.m.

P.S. Whatever you guys do, don't drive your horrible, sluggish, arctic-based pre-1990's beater across the Canadian tundra and down into the desert. I did that last summer and it was not good.

DO get your windows tinted if you don't have a convertible!!!

A convertible is great 7 months out of the year. But from May to September, you will definitely want the top up.

Buy a used Toyota in Arizona. You'll get a rust-free, reliable vehicle. I got a '97 Corolla a while back for $3400, put another $1600 into it, and the thing runs/feels like a new car. It's not glamorous but it goes.

Okay I have a few questions for current students.

1) What time do tests start? I thought someone on the DVD said it's earlier than normal class time.

2) What percentage of your class do you think attends lectures regularly?

3) Are there any organized events for the AZCOM students during the year? I'm looking forward to Halloween and Easter but I wasn't sure if there were other activities not tied to the holidays.

Thanks!! :D

So, I have been a devote public transportation advocate my whole life; but now it seems I may have to abandon my values and buy a car for this upcoming AZCOM adventure.

Does anyone thing that the climate of Phoenix might actually be too hot for a convertible? I figure that with no winters, why not add a little cool :rolleyes:

ohhhh! it did post yesterday! yay. nevermind the repost

Hey All~
I have observing the conversation and I figure I would help by answering some questions...... (I'm in the MBS program at Midwestern-glendale.... so I have a little inside perspective)

As far as using laptops for note taking, 99% of the class doesn't use them. All your notes/ lect slides are given to you in class or put in your mail box before class. Some profs have their lectures posted on blackboard before the lecture, some don't. So if you plan on using a laptop to take notes during class, keep it in mind that the lecture may not be posted before class.Most of us own a billion different colored pens and highlighters- and seperate ideas out by color.

smart phones- many, many people have them. Wether or not they use them for academic purposes, I don't know.

Tests- Tests are mondays and fridays. They start between 7-9am and last 1-2 hours depending on the class.

learning/ distractions- everyone learns differently, so do what works for you. There isn't one good way to study in medical school. Personally, I will contiune to rewrite all my notes becuase it helps me to identify what I know and what I don't know. Yes- You want to be as distraction free as possible becuase you will not believe how much of your life will revovle around tests and studying, especially when you have 1-2 a week. Yes- you will want to balance that, but med school is way more intense than undergrad.

attending lectures- again it depends on how you learn. However, profs do make changes to lectures or throw things out of lectures etc... so it may be beneficial to attend. Micro I hear is a big class to attend becuase the profs will test you on things that were only said in lectures (stuff not in the notes). Histo/ Anatomy/ neuro may or may not be beneficial becuase due to copy write laws, many of the profs don't post thier slides (they do give written note handouts- but no pics). So it helps to go to lect so you know what to look for when you study out of the book or atlas- in my opinion. Sometimes it feels useless becuase you don't have the pics in your notes, but if you don't have a huge background in any of those you might be lost.

events- there are the holiday events, events with your clubs, lots of free lunches with guest lecturers on campus, but seriously studying will probably consume the majority of your life.

if you'll have more questions email me at [email protected] or find me on facebook

Hey All~
I have observing the conversation and I figure I would help by answering some questions...... (I'm in the MBS program at Midwestern-glendale.... so I have a little inside perspective)

As far as using laptops for note taking, 99% of the class doesn't use them. All your notes/ lect slides are given to you in class or put in your mail box before class. Some profs have their lectures posted on blackboard before the lecture, some don't. So if you plan on using a laptop to take notes during class, keep it in mind that the lecture may not be posted before class.Most of us own a billion different colored pens and highlighters- and seperate ideas out by color.

smart phones- many, many people have them. Wether or not they use them for academic purposes, I don't know.

Tests- Tests are mondays and fridays. They start between 7-9am and last 1-2 hours depending on the class.

learning/ distractions- everyone learns differently, so do what works for you. There isn't one good way to study in medical school. Personally, I will contiune to rewrite all my notes becuase it helps me to identify what I know and what I don't know. Yes- You want to be as distraction free as possible becuase you will not believe how much of your life will revovle around tests and studying, especially when you have 1-2 a week. Yes- you will want to balance that, but med school is way more intense than undergrad.

attending lectures- again it depends on how you learn. However, profs do make changes to lectures or throw things out of lectures etc... so it may be beneficial to attend. Micro I hear is a big class to attend becuase the profs will test you on things that were only said in lectures (stuff not in the notes). Histo/ Anatomy/ neuro may or may not be beneficial becuase due to copy write laws, many of the profs don't post thier slides (they do give written note handouts- but no pics). So it helps to go to lect so you know what to look for when you study out of the book or atlas- in my opinion. Sometimes it feels useless becuase you don't have the pics in your notes, but if you don't have a huge background in any of those you might be lost.

events- there are the holiday events, events with your clubs, lots of free lunches with guest lecturers on campus, but seriously studying will probably consume the majority of your life.

if you'll have more questions email me at [email protected] or find me on facebook

Okay I have a few questions for current students.

1) What time do tests start? I thought someone on the DVD said it's earlier than normal class time.

2) What percentage of your class do you think attends lectures regularly?

3) Are there any organized events for the AZCOM students during the year? I'm looking forward to Halloween and Easter but I wasn't sure if there were other activities not tied to the holidays.

Thanks!! :D

Exams: As early as 6-AM for anatomy/histo/embryo (twice during winter quarter) and as late as 12:45PM (again, anatomy/histo/embryo). Most exams are at 7 or 8AM.

Class attendance: It varies. Half or less go to classes like human behavior and biochem. As for the other basic science classes it really depends on what each person gets out of the lecture. Some people only go to the mandatory classes, some people go to all of them. I decide day to day but generally go to about half of the classes. During winter quarter, I hardly ever went to class because we had so much material that it was an inefficient use of my time to attend classes. Over all, I would say 70-80% of the class is at any given lecture during first year.

Events: There are a lot of parties that revolve around the exam days. There are also intramurals, social events, etc that are school sponsored. As for family friendly activities, there are some that are campus wide (maybe 1-2 per quarter).

P.S. Whatever you guys do, don't drive your horrible, sluggish, arctic-based pre-1990's beater across the Canadian tundra and down into the desert. I did that last summer and it was not good.

DO get your windows tinted if you don't have a convertible!!!

Don't let Sarikate fool you. Her car was awesome. If you wanted it to start, you had to hit it with a hammer! That was a car with personality.

Are any of you Martin Palmer by any chance? I want on the website and my housing application was accepted and I figured out my email address.....sweet.

Does anyone have any budget info for the coming year? I just talked to financial aid and they said the rent budget was 6,930 for 9 months. I've tried the website but can't get the information to come up. And.. I need to change my signature. We're headed to AZ for sure.

Exams: As early as 6-AM for anatomy/histo/embryo (twice during winter quarter) and as late as 12:45PM (again, anatomy/histo/embryo). Most exams are at 7 or 8AM.

6 a.m.?? Holy heck!! That will be interesting since the daycare we are planning on sending our kids to doesn't even open until 6:30 and it's in Surprise. :eek:

Does anyone have any info on how AZCOM will be doing interview rotations at hospitals (4th year) where you want to do your residency? I remember them talking about it during the meetings at my interview. I just can't remember what they said.

thanks for the budget! that helps

Congrats Krob! I'll see you in August. If you haven't already, you should join the AZCOM 2012 Facebook group. From the looks of it, we're a pretty sweet class!

Oh, and I just talked to financial aid and I thought I might remind everyone (or at least the newbies) that the Financial Aid process for MWU school aid is due by Friday April 4th. That's tomorrow! (You must complete steps 1-4 under the Financial Aid tab on the online.midwestern.edu site.)

I'm trying to debate how to classify myself. I'm almost done with my first year. But then it becomes this hogwash of randomness since I am on the extended program. I guess technically I'm part of the 2012 class! But that seems so sad, all of my 2011 buddies moving up and onward!

Oh well. You newbies will have the inside scoop, anyway. Old notes galore! I will pay someone to sort them out for me...

Does anyone have any budget info for the coming year? I just talked to financial aid and they said the rent budget was 6,930 for 9 months. I've tried the website but can't get the information to come up. And.. I need to change my signature. We're headed to AZ for sure.

That's just the rent though. There's another budget for utilities and later they'll squish them together (or at least that's how they did it last year).

And as for the 6am tests, it was rare and not too big of a deal really. And talking to friends who don't take tests weekly like us, I would totally prefer this. Yes, losing your weekend sucks, but Monday nights (post-tests) are better for going out because drinks are cheaper. :) You just gotta find the upside. Overall, I'm happy with my choice of schools, love the professors, and feel like I'm getting a way better education than I would have if I went to other schools. So those of you coming, made a great choice I think!!!

I'm trying to debate how to classify myself. I'm almost done with my first year. But then it becomes this hogwash of randomness since I am on the extended program. I guess technically I'm part of the 2012 class! But that seems so sad, all of my 2011 buddies moving up and onward!

Oh well. You newbies will have the inside scoop, anyway. Old notes galore! I will pay someone to sort them out for me...

I'll do it! I need something to do this summer!!! :D

Oh, and I just talked to financial aid and I thought I might remind everyone (or at least the newbies) that the Financial Aid process for MWU school aid is due by Friday April 4th. That's tomorrow! (You must complete steps 1-4 under the Financial Aid tab on the online.midwestern.edu site.)

Thankyou Very much for that reminder...

Does anyone know what the on campus apartments are like? I can't seem to find any pictures of them online. Most important to me are if there are washer/dryers in the units. If anyone has seen them or lives in one now could you post as to what they are like and if you recommend. I have been offered a luxury one bedroom in building F. Thanks! Can't wait to meet all of y'all!:)

Does anyone know what the on campus apartments are like? I can't seem to find any pictures of them online. Most important to me are if there are washer/dryers in the units. If anyone has seen them or lives in one now could you post as to what they are like and if you recommend. I have been offered a luxury one bedroom in building F. Thanks! Can't wait to meet all of y'all!:)

http://www.midwestern.edu/glendale/

take the virtual tour, other than that I haven't seen many pics either. I'm living in a luxury in building G. I got roomed with a dental student. What makes them 'luxury' anyway?:confused:

http://www.midwestern.edu/glendale/

take the virtual tour, other than that I haven't seen many pics either. I'm living in a luxury in building G. I got roomed with a dental student. What makes them 'luxury' anyway?:confused:

I might be wrong as I do not live on campus, but there are some units with washer/dryer and dishwashers, and others without them. I think the luxury is that you do not have to wait at the community laundry machines :banana:

that'd be sweet. Where are all the other 2012-ers...arent we suppose to be 200+

that'd be sweet. Where are all the other 2012-ers...arent we suppose to be 200+

there are still a few more rounds of interviews before our class is full! I know interviews are going on this week, so I have a feeling the facebook group will get a bunch of new people added within a few weeks!

It's funny, I just saw this thread has a little under 300 posts in it. While out 2011 and 2010 comrades have 500 and 700 or so. So in only a few weeks, we're about halfway to their post count. :eek:

Aren't we just a chatty/friendly/inquisitive bunch! :thumbup:

We just got accepted for on campus housing! I didn't think we were going to get in because we didn't apply until like February.

This is sweet. Now I don't have to worry about taking time off work to go look for a place to live. My wife is sad, though, that we have to leave our dog at her parents' :(

Hey guys! Finally realized that there's a thread for class of 2012! whooo!! I just have a quick question.... do studio apartments with "upgrades" come with washer and dryer? If not, what's the community washer/dryer like? Good, bad, cost?

Congrats to you all.

I am a MS4 about to graduate from AZCOM and start residency. I think you all will be quite pleased with the school. I have been extremely happy here (except for the cost of tuition). Don't fret about MS3 and MS4 rotations. I have managed to get solid rotations all in town (both preceptor and ward based). the faculty here are great and supportive.

Also, I rent a 3/2 house 2 minutes from school in a nice neighborhood that will be available July 1 if anyone is interested. I think the landlord wants $1000/month.

If you have any other questions re: housing/area, you can contact me direct.

sincerely,
B

Do you guys ever like.... open up google earth and zoom in on the campus and think "Wow that is where I'm going to be in a few months. And over there is where I'm going to live. And this is the path I'm going to take to campus every day...."

Just me? I know it is pathetic.

Do you guys ever like.... open up google earth and zoom in on the campus and think "Wow that is where I'm going to be in a few months. And over there is where I'm going to live. And this is the path I'm going to take to campus every day...."

Just me? I know it is pathetic.

Heh, not at all. I was doing that the other day in lieu of writing my thesis. :rolleyes: