AZCOM Discussion Thread 2009-2010

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just withdrew my spot.

Members don't see this ad.

Are we supposed to be receiving anything in the mail about orientation etc.? Seems kind of weird that all they have given us is that generic orientation letter (not even specific to our program) through the online portal. If any current students could comment on this and what to expect during orientation, that would be great.

I got a packet in the mail yesterday. It was a little more informative than MWUNET, but not much. It had an orientation schedule and a class list.

Members don't see this ad :)
All I've received so far was the generic stuff on the portal and an on-campus housing orientation packet. I guess I'll keep my eyes peeled...

Don't worry. I didn't get much except those things already mentioned. Everything can be taken care of online as well, so if there are any issues, check there first.

Mainly, remember to get immunizations and physicals taken care of. If you already have health insurance, get the documents required for the waiver. Financial aid letters have already gone out, so that should be settled. All of this and more can be viewed online.

It is weird though. I heard from my classmates that they got things in the mail and such but I don't think it mattered in the end. Anything you're missing will be given to you at orientation anyway, so don't worry.

I've been waiting so long for this moment. I got a call this morning! Thanks guys for all the support on this message board

I got the call this morning too! So unexpected! Gah, I don't even know where to start!!!

Where are most people living? Is there a nearby apartments that a lot of students are living? Anyone need a roomate? I'm a relaxed 24 yr old socal guy. thanks for your replies, feel free to pm me too.

Where are most people living? Is there a nearby apartments that a lot of students are living? Anyone need a roomate? I'm a relaxed 24 yr old socal guy. thanks for your replies, feel free to pm me too.

Hey congrats man!

I moved into San Lagos 2 weeks ago. There are a ton of Midwestern Students here and its literally across the street from school. It is a little pricey, but the amenities are second to none. Personally, I love it so far! There is also San Prado which is owned by the same company, and just as close to campus. You could also try on campus housing as that is what I assume the majority of students do, but I do not know if there are spaces left.

Here is the link for San Lagos/San Prado: http://www.mark-taylor.com/properties.aspx - Just scroll down and click on a property.

Hope this helps, let me know if you have any questions!

I'd recommend going to the walls and discussion boards of these two Facebook groups:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=167834788946
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2210588738&ref=ts

Because there has been a lot of discussion over the summer about housing and people looking for roommates.

You may also want to contact student services as the orientation packets they sent out last week contained a lengthy packet of housing and they may be able to email you it.

Thanks for the help! I think i'll be living at San Lagos. On another note, what are most people doing about the immunizations I'm pretty sure I've had mostly all of them (but titers?). I think I read somewhere there will be opportunities to get immunized there. Does anyone know how much they will cost? Any additional info when/where? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the help! I think i'll be living at San Lagos. On another note, what are most people doing about the immunizations I'm pretty sure I've had mostly all of them (but titers?). I think I read somewhere there will be opportunities to get immunized there. Does anyone know how much they will cost? Any additional info when/where? Thanks!

Yeah, the titers are a must, but the school has contracted a discounted rate with a nearby lab where you can get the titers done, you just have to get them done within two weeks of school starting or something like that (given your situation with the late acceptance, I would highly recommend contacting student services to check on that stuff and if the due dates will be the same for you or not). As far as them actually offering immunizations there, I've not heard anything about that (it's also not been a personal concern, so I could have just overlooked something), so again, I'd highly suggest calling student services.

Last edited:
Don't worry about getting titers done on time. They'll bug you about it, but as long as you get it done within the quarter, you'll be fine. Like random says, the school has a nearby lab that they have a deal with, so talk to student services about that when you get the time.

So you guys start next week right? Must be exciting :)

Don't worry about getting titers done on time. They'll bug you about it, but as long as you get it done within the quarter, you'll be fine. Like random says, the school has a nearby lab that they have a deal with, so talk to student services about that when you get the time.

So you guys start next week right? Must be exciting :)

Heck yea! Orientation starts on Tuesday. There has been a growing group of us that get together regularly and swim/hike/play beer pong. The other day we had a five on five basketball game at MWU. If anyone just moved here or wants to get together, please drop me a PM. I'm in San Lagos and with the lack of stuff to do (come ooooon financial aid!) I'm always down to hang out. See everyone next week!

Hi everyone,

This is obviously my first post, but I have been following this thread since I interviewed back in spring. Thanks to all the people that provide such useful information. I received an acceptance call back on July 20th also. Unfortunately it is just a little too late for it to make sense for me to change all my plans. AZCOM was my top choice, but I was accepted at both of the other schools I interviewed at, and already have all my stuff in order to attend one.

So I just declined the spot I had been hoping for for like 6 months. I hope it goes to someone here that has been hoping for a long time like me to get in. It's too bad that AZCOM gives you a whole week to decide once they go to the waitlist. It seemed like an awfully long time between people hearing this summer. If it had been a few days between groups maybe people would have more time to change/make plans. Oh well, good luck with school everyone.

anyone still looking for a roommate? I decided on azcom last minute, but don't yet have a place to live. Message me

Hi, I have an interview with AZCOM, so I was hoping to get some advice from you regarding the interview structure.
Thank you in advance.

has anybody who has been placed on hold for interview been taken off the hold and offered an interview this cycle?

Hey! Are you going to AZCOM? My husband and I are AZCOM grads and are moving to Chicago for our categorical residencies. We are renting out our 3bd 2ba home with a pool and is close to school and to the 101 & I-17 highways. The rent is $1500 which includes pool and lawn maintenance. Let me know if you have any questions.

Another 1st year D.O. and I are looking for another roommate to share a 3 bedroom house. I'm really clean and easy to get along with. Let me know if you're interested.

[email protected]

I have been asked to give my top 3 picks for rotations from :West valley, East valley, Tucson, Los Angeles, Turlock or Chicago.
Can you help please?
I am not from that area and have absolutely no clue. I need to send my reply by the end of this week. Thanks

Here is a spread sheet that compares match lists, GPA/MCAT scores of matriculates, COMLEX scores, and other types of data. It includes:

-2011-2008 Match lists for many osteopathic schools
- comparison of match results between schools
-GPA/MCAT scores, a profiles of average matriculating students compared between all Osteopathic schools,
-COMLEX scores for some schools
- You'll also find comparison of tuition / graduate indebtedness between schools

https://sites.google.com/site/osteopathicreference/home

(I can't host the spread sheet on the forums because of size limits)

I apologize in advance that I will be mass posting this through out the forums this afternoon but many people have been looking for this data and I want the to be able to find it!