AZCOM Discussion Thread 2011-2012

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just moved into on-campus housing yesterday. It's starting to feel real now! :soexcited:

Members don't see this ad.

Just moved into on-campus housing yesterday. It's starting to feel real now! :soexcited:

how do you like it?

I just went there to have tour this past Friday, and it felt "weird." The school felt like hmm, almost like University of Phoenix kinda feel to it. It looked corporate. Maybe I am just not used to schools in the desert, but it dint' really feel like a school. Same with ATSU-SOMA.

Perhaps its different once you are a student there.

I really like it. Granted, I really liked the campus when I came for my interview.

Quick question for anyone who knows the answer. On blackboard it says that everyone has to have titers drawn as part of the matriculation agreement. Does that mean that I don't need to go find my immunization records since the titers will show that I have immunity anyway?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I really like it. Granted, I really liked the campus when I came for my interview.

Quick question for anyone who knows the answer. On blackboard it says that everyone has to have titers drawn as part of the matriculation agreement. Does that mean that I don't need to go find my immunization records since the titers will show that I have immunity anyway?

Do yourself a favor and get a copy, just in case.

how come both of you have skull face as your avatar?

Can anyone tell me what books are absolutely necessary for the first few weeks of class? Financial aid hasn't come through yet, and I'd like to spend as little as possible until it hits my bank account. I approximated, for the entire year, around $1800 for books. That
total is quite daunting at this point.

Can anyone tell me what books are absolutely necessary for the first few weeks of class? Financial aid hasn't come through yet, and I'd like to spend as little as possible until it hits my bank account. I approximated, for the entire year, around $1800 for books. That
total is quite daunting at this point.

None. You only need the notes for any of the classes going on the first few weeks. Once anatomy starts, you'll want to have Netter's and/or Rohen's (I had both, only used Rohen's).

Orientation tomorrow. Suit or just shirt and tie?

Orientation tomorrow. Suit or just shirt and tie?

Certainly not a suit unless you enjoy sweating. I'm assuming they're doing your photo tomorrow, and if they are, I'd just suggest a button-up shirt. You can do a tie if you'd like but it seems like most don't bother.

So I live on campus, where p2p is "discouraged." How can I get my torrent fix? ;) Are usenet newsgroups also "discouraged"?

So I live on campus, where p2p is "discouraged." How can I get my torrent fix? ;) Are usenet newsgroups also "discouraged"?

I think DbDan talked about it on here at some point. Try the thread-specific search for "torrent" and see if anything comes up.