AZCOM OMM lab dress code

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

becomingdoctor

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am incoming student, what is the dress code for OMM lab? What do people (guys) usually wear? Shorts or scrubs

Members don't see this ad.

Shorts and a T-Shirt
Sometimes on practicals they'll request your shorts be above the knee, but they're usually pretty lenient for the most part.

Reactions: 1 user
Shorts --- period -- shirts come off --- lights go down and start swirling, music comes up and the poles come out --- gonna have a good time ---

seriously -- gym shorts and T shirts are usually ok -- TCOM used to have us take off the shirts for about the first 2 weeks and then we just stopped doing it. Do yourself a favor and wear bike shorts underneath your shorts for modesty --- you'll have your body parts twisted in ways you can't possibly fathom -- more than one student in our class had an embarrassing (or not so embarrassing depending on the student) moment during OMM -- both male and female.

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
As a female i usually wore yoga pants, sometimes scrub bottoms. Just make sure the pants are able to be pulled above the knee if needed

Reactions: 1 users
Not at AZCOM, but our dress code is shorts/t-shirts. You can wear sweat pants over your shorts most of the time. While we do take our shirts off for quite a few things (but honestly I don't know how you'd examine the spine otherwise), it's not awkward after about week two. I figure I'm a lot more covered up in my shorts and sports bra in OMM than I would be in a bikini at the beach, anyway.

Speedo and a tank with slits on the sides

Reactions: 2 users
Shorts --- period -- shirts come off --- lights go down and start swirling, music comes up and the poles come out --- gonna have a good time ---

seriously -- gym shorts and T shirts are usually ok -- TCOM used to have us take off the shirts for about the first 2 weeks and then we just stopped doing it. Do yourself a favor and wear bike shorts underneath your shorts for modesty --- you'll have your body parts twisted in ways you can't possibly fathom -- more than one student in our class had an embarrassing (or not so embarrassing depending on the student) moment during OMM -- both male and female.
This is awesome.

Shirt n Shorts is the official requirement, although they barely reinforce that rule, I've seen people in jeans lol

If you would like an invitation to meet the dean of AZCOM :)

Would a Borat thong be acceptable?

Only if you're 100 pounds overweight, have enough chest hair to weave an authentic Navajo War Blanket, are wearing a pair of Wayfarers and don't care what people think but you gotta know how to work it ---- make sure you know how to do the Big Belly Dance properly, rub tanning oil on your chest and sing Elvis,"Burning Love" --- aka know how to be a one-man rolling frat party....