AZCOM vs. ATSU-SOMA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

josephsmith1234

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I was just recently accepted to both AZCOM and ATSU-SOMA. I am trying to weigh the pros and cons for both schools and wanted to get a little bit of input from the folks on here. I am not from Arizona, but either way will be spending at least one year in Phoenix which I like the idea of.

AZCOM:
Pros: The school is beautiful and the faculty all seemed very nice. They have good board scores and match into competitive specialities. More research opportunities
Cons: I don't really like the idea of the huge class size or the super high tuition. Students also seemed very stressed by the testing frequency. I have my master's so I think I can handle it, but I'm not sure how it will affect my quality of life.

ATSU-SOMA:
Pros: I got the vibe that students seemed a little happier here. Not sure if this was just the students that I spoke to or if it was actually the case. Less testing and more independent studying which I like as I am a bit of an older student. Faculty and students were very nice.
Cons: I like the idea of getting to live somewhere else for years 2-4 at the CHC site, but am currently at my 5th choice and am not sure if I will move any higher. Also, not entirely sure which specialty I want to do and the school places a large emphasis on primary care.

Any input that you can give would be super helpful. Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.