AZCOM vs BCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GettinAfterIt

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
School: Midwestern - AZCOM
Pros
  • Location - I have family and friends that live near PHX, and I would like to live there long-term. I enjoy the weather, community, etc.
  • Established school, good match, competitive residencies.

Cons
  • TUITION - $76k / year is insane.
  • A/B/C grading system

School: Burrell College of Osteopathic Medicine
Pros
  • Tuition - $60k, $16k cheaper per year. I'd save $64,000 not including interest.
  • Still close enough to Arizona, I could possibly do my rotations here in 3rd and 4th year.

Cons
  • Newer, "for-profit" school. Unestablished reputation.
  • The location is in New Mexico, not Arizona. 4.5 hours from family.

Summary:
Hi everyone, I am extremely grateful to have been accepted to AZCOM and BCOM. I'm having a hard time deciding where to send my deposit. I'm 90% sure about going into either anesthesiology or EM, so not looking for anything competitive.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
AZCOM between these 2. You have a support system near there and Burrell is not a school I would recommend due to its newness and its heightened monitoring status with regards to accreditation.

See Goro’s post below for further details:
https://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/help-deciding-do-school-for-deposit.1469924/post-23543592
Thank you! Unfortunately, the link doesn't work for me.

I love the school, I'm just really trying to justify the tuition in my head :unsure:

Last edited: