AZCOm vs KCUMB

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheRealDirtyDan

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've looked up some older threads but those weren't as helpful. Thanks in advance.

AZCOM
Pros
  • Love the west coast/southweast
  • Wide array of rotation sites across the US
  • I really enjoyed the staff and students I interacted with.

Cons
  • Tuition is super high
  • Test every week

KCUMB
Pros
  • Dual degree programs
  • Very established DO school
  • 10k off tuition on top of an already cheaper tuition.

Cons
  • Not thrilled to be in Kansas; Seemed to be in a not-so-great part of town
  • My student ambassador said curriculum was super difficult and the students seemed constantly stressed

Summary: Basically, I'm worried that at KCU I will be overly stressed. I'm just not sure if this is worth the money I'd be saving.

Members don't see this ad.

AZCOM is annoying in the fact that its hot as hell, non pass/fail, extremely high tuition. Nothing will stress students more than a test every monday, its a complete weekend killer. In my opinion, I would go with KCU. More established and cheaper

I know some CCOM students and they have that those weekly test. It looks miserable. I'd go for the cheaper, more noted, P/F unless you can't see yourself at all being in KC. I thought the town looked pretty cool when I visited (maybe not the campus part, but outside of that)

Members don't see this ad :)
Have you looked at KCUs rotation site list?
I did. But Im honestly clueless on how to judge the quality of a rotation site beyond where it is located, and the size of the hospital. Going off of those factors a lot of the KCU rotation sites seem to be in the middle of nowhere.

I did. But Im honestly clueless on how to judge the quality of a rotation site beyond where it is located, and the size of the hospital. Going off of those factors a lot of the KCU rotation sites seem to be in the middle of nowhere.
I said that because you listed that as a pro for Azcom

Both schools sound stressful AF to be honest. Just follow your gut