AZCOM vs NSU-COM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tcon91

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I interviewed at AZCOM last month and was fortunate enough to earn an acceptance there and I recently received an II for NSUCOM. This cycle is starting to get expensive for me and I'm looking to save where it makes sense. Basically, I need to decide whether or not I should attend my interview at NSUCOM. I want to attend the school that will provide me with the best education and opportunities possible. I'm interested in specializing in Cardiology or Neurology. Other than cheaper tuition and location, does NSU have more to offer than AZCOM? What are your thoughts and opinions?

Members don't see this ad.

How do you feel about the Ft Lauderdale area vs Glendale AZ?

Also consider the hospitals and research institutions in the area. Are there more possible opportunities to shadow and do research in Glendale vs. Ft. Lauderdale?

Members don't see this ad :)
How do you feel about the Ft Lauderdale area vs Glendale AZ?
I like both locations. I really loved the AZCOM campus but I'm trying to base my decision on what will be best for my education and future.

Also consider the hospitals and research institutions in the area. Are there more possible opportunities to shadow and do research in Glendale vs. Ft. Lauderdale?

That's a good point. I'm not sure which school is better in this regard. I will need to follow up with a current students or maybe they can comment here to help others that may be in this situation too.

Reactions: 1 user
Paging @Seth Joo .

I'd vote to go to the interview because having options is always nice.
I'm with you on that. It's just that it will be my 5th interview and it's getting expensive. I will only go to interviews for schools that are better than the acceptance I currently have.

So I interviewed at AZCOM last month and was fortunate enough to earn an acceptance there and I recently received an II for NSUCOM. This cycle is starting to get expensive for me and I'm looking to save where it makes sense. Basically, I need to decide whether or not I should attend my interview at NSUCOM. I want to attend the school that will provide me with the best education and opportunities possible. I'm interested in specializing in Cardiology or Neurology. Other than cheaper tuition and location, does NSU have more to offer than AZCOM? What are your thoughts and opinions?

Congratulations. I would say try going for the interview if you want but AZCOM is an excellent school, you will have plenty of opportunity here, I am a fourth year at AZCOM.

Both schools are in nice sunny locales, I think both are roughly equal, but I might give Nova a slight edge.

Congratulations. I would say try going for the interview if you want but AZCOM is an excellent school, you will have plenty of opportunity here, I am a fourth year at AZCOM.

Thank you and thanks for replying! I do have a question for you. Since you are a current 4th year, Can you comment on the quality of rotations at AZCOM? I've read old threads about this and this seemed to be the downside to AZCOM. I think by now the school probably improved quite a bit in this area. What's your opinion?

Nova will be opening an MD school in the near future (1-2 years).

Also, consider where you want to go for residency (east vs. west coast).

Nova will be opening an MD school in the near future (1-2 years).

Also, consider where you want to go for residency (east vs. west coast).

what. this will dilute the rrotations for all the medical students there. nova must really want those loan dollars to expand their medical students base that much.

definitely take the interview at NSU. Its worth exploring south florida imo

Both are great schools! Choose the one closer to home and cheaper.

Thanks for all the help everyone! I've decided to attend the interview :)

How did the interview at NSU go? Have you made a decision?

How did the interview at NSU go? Have you made a decision?

Hey I actually ended up cancelling my interview NSU for unforeseen circumstances, luckily I did not book a flight and hotel. I was pretty happy with the acceptances that I have and so I withdrew my app. Now that I'm leaning towards NYCOM it may have just worked out perfectly for me.

Thank you and thanks for replying! I do have a question for you. Since you are a current 4th year, Can you comment on the quality of rotations at AZCOM? I've read old threads about this and this seemed to be the downside to AZCOM. I think by now the school probably improved quite a bit in this area. What's your opinion?

I apologize for the late bump, but am also interested in the rotation question @tcon91 had about AZCOM. @Seth Joo , thank you in advance :)