Azpodrocks Rocks???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Gangrene

AZPOD 2011
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I confirmed w/ a friend in AZ that azpodrocks is not w/ his class anymore. Thought some might be interested to know.

Members don't see this ad.

do a lot of people fail out/transfer/etc out of AZPOD? There's a lot of rumors on here but I'm trying find out some real info on the school.

My class started with 50. The second year we had 26. We picked up a couple from the class ahead of us. I think there were ~ 14 that had to repeat one or more class, so joined the class behind ours. (I think the majority of that group went on to graduate.) I think 2 transfered out to DO programs. One not long after starting, the other after finishing the first year. I know we also had one that transfered to a different Pod school. Not sure about the rest.

Of the 26 we started with in the second year, all graduated. All got 2-3 year residencies. (Before transition to PM&S-24/36.)

Members don't see this ad :)
efs. Are you talking about AZPOD? They haven't had a graduating class yet.

Is he ok? he seemed to contribute alot to this web site, i hope he still posts

My class started with 50. The second year we had 26. We picked up a couple from the class ahead of us. I think there were ~ 14 that had to repeat one or more class, so joined the class behind ours. (I think the majority of that group went on to graduate.) I think 2 transfered out to DO programs. One not long after starting, the other after finishing the first year. I know we also had one that transfered to a different Pod school. Not sure about the rest.

Of the 26 we started with in the second year, all graduated. All got 2-3 year residencies. (Before transition to PM&S-24/36.)
I was not aware that there was so much attrition at other podiatry schools also. I knew AZPod weeds out a great number because they must really be cautious of early classes in order to maintain accreditation and develop a reputation, but I thought that most schools had lower attrition rates.

Those rough DMU figures you posted are really no different than Barry (my c/o 2009 anyways). The overall numbers in each category are slightly greater here due to slightly larger statring class size, but %s would be extremely similar (% dismissed, % switched to 5yr track, etc).

Is he ok? he seemed to contribute alot to this web site, i hope he still posts
That might have been part of the problem, though. Depending on the person, free time is fairly limited in a graduate program. It's a juggling act especially during the most challenging semesters.

Regardless, it sounds like he was well liked here. I didn't get a chance to chat with him yet wish him well in his endeavors or future applications if he's no longer a pod student.

I was not aware that there was so much attrition at other podiatry schools also. I knew AZPod weeds out a great number because they must really be cautious of early classes in order to maintain accreditation and develop a reputation, but I thought that most schools had lower attrition rates.

Those rough DMU figures you posted are really no different than Barry (my c/o 2009 anyways). The overall numbers in each category are slightly greater here due to slightly larger statring class size, but %s would be extremely similar (% dismissed, % switched to 5yr track, etc).

These figures vary from year to year. My class of 2009 did not lose nearly as many students as the figures efs gave in the previous post.

These figures vary from year to year. My class of 2009 did not lose nearly as many students as the figures efs gave in the previous post.
Yes, that is a good point. My 09 class did seem to be an unusually large starting class, and we did have a higher attrition % which was likely a result of that. I know our Barry entering class of 2010 was smaller, and hopefully they will work hard and have less attrition (seems that way so far from my anat tutoring).

Regardless, it sounds like you did well and I made it through the roughest semesters, now it's just time to learn plenty before boards and entering clinics. :cool: :)

Yes, that is a good point. My 09 class did seem to be an unusually large starting class, and we did have a higher attrition % which was likely a result of that. I know our Barry entering class of 2010 was smaller, and hopefully they will work hard and have less attrition (seems that way so far from my anat tutoring).

Regardless, it sounds like you did well and I made it through the roughest semesters, now it's just time to learn plenty before boards and entering clinics. :cool: :)

It is amazing (insert sarcasm) that attrition rates decrease as entering stats increase. If you look at the trends at DMU this has held true.

No offense but attrition rates are not equal. Students that fail out of DMU and AZPOD may not flunk out of other schools. For example a student a few years back choose to leave Scholl and go to DMU. DMU made him retake some classes and he went from being in the uppercrust of Scholl to middle of the pack at DMU (according to his GPA and in classes that he had previously taken at Scholl).

do a lot of people fail out/transfer/etc out of AZPOD? There's a lot of rumors on here but I'm trying find out some real info on the school.

Here's the AZPOD low-down:

- 3rd years started with 26. 24 showed up to class the first day. 3 decel's, 10 dropouts, 13 remain.

- 2nd year started with 35 (inherited decel's excluded). 7 decel's, 2 dropouts. 26 remain.

- 1st years started with 36 (inherited decel's excluded), just lost 10 after the 1st quarter (1 or 2 of which decel). 26 remain.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the info. Do you know the stats MCAT/GPA that the entering class has? Any opinion/comments on the students dropping out? How difficult is the basic science there? Also, any idea if they are going to have a bigger class size once they graduate their first students? Thanks and take care.

MCAT/GPA? Don't quote me, but I but I think it was in the ball park of 24/3.6

As far as people dropping out, I never really got a chance to know them. I was surprised to see so many go after the 1st quarter. However, I have noticed a trend toward success among those that hit the ground running (particularly those that graduated from Texas A&M University:thumbup: ).

The basic sciences? I can't really compare them to other schools as this is my 1st podiatry school. What I can say is that we are shoulder to shoulder with the DO's in all of them. There is actually a fair amount of comradery among the DO's and Pods. Boards (part I) felt pretty casual when it was all said and done. It will be interesting to see how the next few classes do.

Class size? Lips are sealed on this one. I don't know. For now it is safe to assume 35 or so (atleast for the next couple years).

...I have noticed a trend toward success among those that hit the ground running (particularly those that graduated from Texas A&M University:thumbup: )...
I have noticed that Aggies in my 09 class at Barry have had pretty good success also.

We only have two as far as I know, but they are both doing well. One guy I study with all the time proudly sports his big gold $1000 A&M alumni ring that he states got him his first job lol (guess I'm not from TX so I don't 'get it'). The other was the only student in our whole class to top my 98.6% in gross anatomy :p , and she's been my sworn academic enemy ever since (j/k actually a really cool girl and hard working student I'll be honored to graduate with).

I'll make this question specific to AZPOD, but I'm curious about all the other schools too:

What are kind of safety nets do the schools have to prevent the student from failing out? (This is not counting those students who voluntarily drop out.)

On an unrelated note, my buddy, who's from Texas, told me that those A&M rings must have some magic quality because the alumni can pick each other out of crowds. They don't even have to know each other, but those rings act as some sort of beacon or homing device.

I'll make this question specific to AZPOD, but I'm curious about all the other schools too:

What are kind of safety nets do the schools have to prevent the student from failing out? (This is not counting those students who voluntarily drop out.)

On an unrelated note, my buddy, who's from Texas, told me that those A&M rings must have some magic quality because the alumni can pick each other out of crowds. They don't even have to know each other, but those rings act as some sort of beacon or homing device.

I'm sure all of the programs have similar "safety nets." At DMU, each student has a faculty advisor. If you fail a test, you will recieve an email &/or meet with the advisor. Students can also get help from peer tutors (2nd or 3rd year year students that recieved high marks) which may be a DO or DPM, it depends on who is free. We also have professional support staff that can help evaulate your study habits or provide other forms of support. If you continue to struggle, you may offered an extended study program. This is basically the first year divide over two years. If you have problems during or after your first year and survive, your advisor is changed to the Dean of the college.

At Barry, the safety nets are as follows:

You can get one "D" grade (66-69.99%) during your 4 years. People already on the 5yr extended program cannot get "D" grades.

If you fail a course or get two "D"s, you are put onto the extended 5yr program or dismissed entirely depending on other grades and what the deans/professors decide is appropriate based on an individual case basis.

All extended 5yr program students have the associate dean become their advisor. Some of them have GPA requirements to meet depending on an individual basis once again (usually not too tough if they get their act together since being 5yr track lightens your courseload per semester significantly).

As far as safety nets during the classes, roughly half the classes offer some extra credit (usually ranging anywhere from 1 to 3% for writing a paper or some other project related to the subject). Some professors will add points to the individual exam grades based on the majority of students missing the same question, or sometimes they'll need to throw out or give everyone credit for just plain bad questions (poor wording, multiple correct answers, etc). That is basically their way of curving the courses a bit; if you end up with an 89.3%, you have little recourse and will simply be told that your grade stands because they've already added a point or two back on each exam or offered a bit of extra credit. As someone who got the highest B in a couple courses, I'm sometimes upset that there is not a +/- system here or xx/100 grading system like Temple and DMU have. My 89.x% might count just the same as someone else's 81% for total GPA and class ranks. Then again, when I get a 90.4% final grade, the "an A is an A, a B is a B" is just fine by me. I guess it's a tradeoff.

I know some other pod schools have "re-take" exams as their main safety net. If a student fails a class, they get a comprehensive "re-take" a week after the class ended which give them one last chance to prove that they got the basic knowledge out of the course so that they can pass and move on (I think they get a "C" if you pass the re-take???). I think the "D" grades at Barry are their way of doing that since there are no re-takes here...

Cool. Thanks for the info!:clap:

I'm rooming w/med students in my grad program, and they were talking about how low the attrition rate is/was for the school. This is partly due to the school wanting to keep the attrition rate very low for stats purposes but also because the school actually cares if the students graduate. It surprised me that there were students close to failing considering how diligent the students are in the med school, but I guess even great students can have rough periods. I figure I'd like to attend a pod school that treats its students the same way 'cause sometimes **** happens due to unexpected circumstances and you need to know that you won't be put out to pasture if you ever hit a rough spot.

I'd love to hear about the other schools as well!

I know some other pod schools have "re-take" exams as their main safety net. If a student fails a class, they get a comprehensive "re-take" a week after the class ended which give them one last chance to prove that they got the basic knowledge out of the course so that they can pass and move on (I think they get a "C" if you pass the re-take???). I think the "D" grades at Barry are their way of doing that since there are no re-takes here...

This re-take thing is what happens at NYCPM.

Below is copied from the Student Handbook found at NYCPM.edu under "students"

Re-Evaluation Exam: The purpose of the Re-Evaluation Exam is to provide a second
chance for a student who may have sufficient knowledge of the course material but who
has unsuccessfully demonstrated his/her ability with a grade in the numerical range of
65%-69%. Since this student is presumed to already possess the necessary knowledge for
passing without the need for substantial study time, the Re-Evaluation Exam will be given
within 7 calendar days after the end of the final exam period. It is the student’s
responsibility to ascertain their eligibility within this time frame. If the exam is passed,
the course grade recorded on the transcript becomes C-*, indicating this grade was
achieved after successful completion of a Re-Evaluation Exam. A passing grade received
in a P/F course due to a Re-Evaluation Exam will be recorded as a P*. This grade
will eliminate the deficiency. If the exam is failed, the transcript will record the course
failure. Re-Evaluation Exams must be taken when scheduled and will not be offered a
second time to accommodate an absence. A student who has not completed a course as of
the Final Exam is not eligible for a Re-Evaluation exam. A student may decline to take
the Re-Evaluation exam option and remediate the course (See Remediation).

Remediation
The remediation program is designed to enable eligible students to resolve deficiencies in course
work.
A. Didactic Courses (Basic and Clinical Sciences)
1. Eligibility for Remediation
a. Student who fails (F) a completed course.
b. Student who withdraws (W/WF) from a course and complies with the course
attendance policy (See Withdrawals).
c. Student who fails a Re-Evaluation exam.
d. In the First and Second Year: Students who have a deficiency of up to and including 3
deficiencies at the end of the academic year.
e. In the Third Year: Students who have a deficiency of up to and including 8.5 credit
hours of clinical didactic courses (effective 7/1/04).
2. Grading of Remediation
When remediation is successfully completed with a grade of 70% or higher, the course
grade received on the transcript will appear as a grade of FC-, W/C- or WF/C- replacing
the deficiency with a C- or F/P. (The failure will not be calculated in the student’s GPA).
A student who fails a remediation must repeat the entire course when next offered and the
deficiency remains on the transcript. Failing a remediated course will not be considered a
second failure.
3. Method of Remediation
Remediation in any course consists of a review program of the course material as designed
by the course director. Students must demonstrate the same level of competency as
expected in the original course.
The remedial program may include any combination of the following:
a. review lectures
b. videotape review of course lectures
c. tutoring
d. reading assignments
e. written assignments based on course objectives
f. examinations (any format)
4. Schedule of Remediation Courses
Remediation will be scheduled within the following designated times:
First Year courses: May to June
Second Year courses: May to June
Third Year courses: July-September
Fourth Year courses: Until Completion
Students are responsible to check with the Dean of Pre-Clinical Sciences or the appropriate
Clinical Chairperson for the schedule of their remediation course.
A course carrying one credit or less may be remediated at a time determined by the instructor
and available to the student.

B. Promotion in the First and Second Years
1. Up to and including three different deficiencies, allows the student to remediate the courses
before the start of the next academic year (see Remediation: Didactic Courses).
2. Four or more deficiencies will subject the student to dismissal from the college.
3. If a Re-Evaluation Exam is failed, the course must be remediated (unless the student has 4
or more deficiencies) in order to be promoted to the next year of study.
4. All second-year students must achieve a cumulative GPA of at least 2.0 to be promoted to
third year (effective with the class of 2009—see Academic Probation, Academic
Dismissal).
C. Promotion in the Third and Fourth Years
1. Students who fail up to and including 8.5 credit hours of Didactic courses will be permitted to
remediate them (see Remediation: Didactic Courses). At the discretion of the Committee on
Academic Performance and Promotions, students who fail more than 8.5 credit hours of
didactic courses will be either dismissed from the College or removed from that year of study
and be required to repeat the failed courses.
2. At the end of the third academic year, a student must achieve a minimum GPA of 2.0 for that
academic year to be promoted to the fourth year of study. Failure to attain this GPA will result
in academic dismissal from the college. (effective with class of 2009)
3. At the discretion of the CAPP, students may be allowed to progress to the senior year while
repeating failed courses of 2 credits or less, up to a maximum of 2 credits total.

If you read thru this whole thing it shows how many chances are possible.

For traditional medical schools with very strict admissions this is fine because they do not grant admissions to people that they think might struggle, or might have trouble making it thru. They only grant admissions to people that they truely think can cut it.

Some pod schools are similar to the above with strict admissions criteria. If your school is not strict with admissions and allows all of these chances - WOE! - some of these people gaining a diploma is pretty scary and part of the reason that the good pods have to work so hard to maintain a good name for themselves. Just like any group of people it is usually the bad seeds that make the news - which is what the general public sees.

I do not agree with all these chances. Having no safety net or a very thin one just makes you work harder to not get kicked out.

Just a little more clarification of DMU policy, a student must achieve 70% in all classes to have passed the course. We do not receive letter grades only percentages. If you fail a course you can take a reassessment. If you do not pass the test or choose not to take it you must retake the course in the summer of the first year. If can fail two classes, but obviously must pass them on reassessment. If you fail a third class, then unfortunately your ship has sailed.

Just a little more clarification of DMU policy, a student must achieve 70% in all classes to have passed the course. We do not receive letter grades only percentages. If you fail a course you can take a reassessment. If you do not pass the test or choose not to take it you must retake the course in the summer of the first year. If can fail two classes, but obviously must pass them on reassessment. If you fail a third class, then unfortunately your ship has sailed.

Oh did I mention that the person who fails 3 classes after re-eval and remediation still has to present their case to the promotions committee and there may be an exemption created so that student may continue on. It is not as clear cut as you may think.

I definitely think the DMU way is better. Do the work or don't, but if you don't you will not last very long.

And we wonder why some schools have not so high board pass rates? (sarcasm)

I have noticed that Aggies in my 09 class at Barry have had pretty good success also.

We only have two as far as I know, but they are both doing well. One guy I study with all the time proudly sports his big gold $1000 A&M alumni ring that he states got him his first job lol (guess I'm not from TX so I don't 'get it'). The other was the only student in our whole class to top my 98.6% in gross anatomy :p , and she's been my sworn academic enemy ever since (j/k actually a really cool girl and hard working student I'll be honored to graduate with).

I agree with Feli about the Aggies but in regards to everything else please get the facts straight!!!

Feli,

Maybe you should get your facts straight before posting! You must be forgetting about the Vandy student in your class with a 4.0!! I also know of another student from Texas in our class that has grades much higher than yours. I'm not being an ass, but remember that other students from Barry do read these posts and you are easy to spot. We can get into an argument about grades and who has done this and that, but I don't think you have much ground to stand on.

Feli,

Maybe you should get your facts straight before posting! You must be forgetting about the Vandy student in your class with a 4.0!! I also know of another student from Texas in our class that has grades much higher than yours. I'm not being an ass, but remember that other students from Barry do read these posts and you are easy to spot. We can get into an argument about grades and who has done this and that, but I don't think you have much ground to stand on.

I don't mean to butt in on your argument, but I think that it is a joke that any medical school has students that have a 4.0 GPA. That should be so rare that it takes a solar eclipse to open a secret crypt to let them into class. I'm always disgusted that there are so many schools that have numerous 4.0 students. If someone got a 98.6% in gross anatomy at DMU they would be amazing. Don't get me wrong it happens but it is extremely rare, extremely.

I don't mean to butt in on your argument, but I think that it is a joke that any medical school has students that have a 4.0 GPA. That should be so rare that it takes a solar eclipse to open a secret crypt to let them into class. I'm always disgusted that there are so many schools that have numerous 4.0 students. If someone got a 98.6% in gross anatomy at DMU they would be amazing. Don't get me wrong it happens but it is extremely rare, extremely.

Think what you want. I have a bit of an advantage from 2 previous Masters of Science degrees and working as an acute care nurse practitioner in neurosurgery and trauma.

Think what you want. I have a bit of an advantage from 2 previous Masters of Science degrees and working as an acute care nurse practitioner in neurosurgery and trauma.

I guarantee that you would not have a 4.0 at DMU. But you may be right Steven Hawkins, maybe you'd prove me wrong. Degrees do not guarantee grades and neither does experience.

To me it says, that you don't know what you want out of life or you could not get into med school so you tried to find other routes. Again, I maybe wrong.

Feli,

Bro,

I'm well aware I don't have the highest GPA in our class, but I never said that. I was just making a joke about one class I did pretty well in and giving props to your girlfriend and her alma mater.

I work pretty hard and am pretty sure I'm probably top 10 anyways, but I'm obviously not #1 and would never imply that. I'm really not too private about grades, I'll tell anyone what I got in a class if they want to know (heck, I'd tell you my grading pin or ID # if anyone really wanted it). GPA is important, no doubt, but I'm also just trying to get some good overall knowledge. I feel we both know physio, micro, pod med I and some other tough classes honestly require about 5 times as much study time to get an A in as gimme classes which test very easy like radio, clinical neuro, LEA II, etc. An A grade in intro to pod, research or clin neuro counts just as much as an A in physio or derm.

As for anyone in our program having a 4.0, I guess that could be remotely possible, but it seems highly unlikely to me. I know only 5ppl got As in histo (one of them left our program and another told me he got a B in gross anat). Then, there were only 5 As in physio I. In physio II, there were only 3 As, and I doubt anyone got bumped since I had the highest B at 89.4% and I was unable to get a change. Micro I only gave out 3 As if I remember correctly. Pod Med I gave 3 people As and then a couple more
(incl me) had 89% and the chance to write research to get 1% EC to bump them to an A.

I guess it's possible that the same person(s) consistently finish in the top 3 or 5 in every class and have got a 4.0, but it seems fairly improbable. That'd be a pretty amazing feat for anyone to accomplish.

Dr_Feelgood;4766894 "To me it says said:
No offense dr feelgood, but it seems that any md student that makes a crack about podiatry students just being med school rejects is met with every podiatry poster claiming they are ignorant or uninformed folk.

It seems kind of harsh to tell another DPM/DO student that they could not get into med school and had to find other options, why the hostility? Im impressed with the education circle has.
I think that's what the problem is with md students , if you don't go through their specific med school ,all of your education is "lesser" an non deserving of respect.I can understand further education not guaranteeing intelligence, but theirs no need to attack

I think we should respect circles masters degree, especially if we expect people to respect our degree.
Don't be a md doctor feel good, be a dpm, we seem to be more laid back
besides
your avitar is much to happy to attack :)

I guarantee that you would not have a 4.0 at DMU. But you may be right Steven Hawkins, maybe you'd prove me wrong. Degrees do not guarantee grades and neither does experience.

To me it says, that you don't know what you want out of life or you could not get into med school so you tried to find other routes. Again, I maybe wrong.

You are wrong so mind your own business. If I had wanted to attend med school I would have. What you have proven to me is that you are probably a jerk and think that everyone is beneath you unless he/she attended DMU. Drop it and get on with your life.

Bro,

I'm well aware I don't have the highest GPA in our class, but I never said that. I was just making a joke about one class I did pretty well in and giving props to your girlfriend and her alma mater.

I work pretty hard and am pretty sure I'm probably top 10 anyways, but I'm obviously not #1 and would never imply that. I'm really not too private about grades, I'll tell anyone what I got in a class if they want to know (heck, I'd tell you my grading pin or ID # if anyone really wanted it). GPA is important, no doubt, but I'm also just trying to get some good overall knowledge. I feel we both know physio, micro, pod med I and some other tough classes honestly require about 5 times as much study time to get an A in as gimme classes which test very easy like radio, clinical neuro, LEA II, etc. An A grade in intro to pod, research or clin neuro counts just as much as an A in physio or derm.

As for anyone in our program having a 4.0, I guess that could be remotely possible, but it seems highly unlikely to me. I know only 5ppl got As in histo (one of them left our program and another told me he got a B in gross anat). Then, there were only 5 As in physio I. In physio II, there were only 3 As, and I doubt anyone got bumped since I had the highest B at 89.4% and I was unable to get a change. Micro I only gave out 3 As if I remember correctly. Pod Med I gave 3 people As and then a couple more
(incl me) had 89% and the chance to write research to get 1% EC to bump them to an A.

I guess it's possible that the same person(s) consistently finish in the top 3 or 5 in every class and have got a 4.0, but it seems fairly improbable. That'd be a pretty amazing feat for anyone to accomplish.

Feli,

I am not going to sit here and argue with you. I know you have good grades and I am sure you will be great at what you do. However, if you would like to question my grades I would be more than happy to give you a transcript at school Monday. I just get annoyed when grades are brought up b/c someone always claims the highest grade. Have a good day.

No offense dr feelgood, but it seems that any md student that makes a crack about podiatry students just being med school rejects is met with every podiatry poster claiming they are ignorant or uninformed folk.

It seems kind of harsh to tell another DPM/DO student that they could not get into med school and had to find other options, why the hostility? Im impressed with the education circle has.
I think that’s what the problem is with md students , if you don’t go through their specific med school ,all of your education is “lesser” an non deserving of respect.I can understand further education not guaranteeing intelligence, but theirs no need to attack

I think we should respect circles masters degree, especially if we expect people to respect our degree.
Don’t be a md doctor feel good, be a dpm, we seem to be more laid back
besides
your avitar is much to happy to attack :)

I don't understand your post. I am a DPM student.

As for my post, let me break it down.

Circle wanted everyone to know that he has 2 master degrees and was a NP. Generally, multiple master's degrees means someone wanted to get into a MD/DO program. If you don't believe me, check the forum about not getting into MD/DO programs on SDN.

I could give a rats rear end about circles credentials or school. My comment was my opinion. This is medical school and no school should be that easy that students are pulling down 4.0 GPAs. Does anyone disagree with this?

If you don't disagree with that statement, then why do I care that circle has blah blah blah. I was not attacking him, I was attacking the leadership at a school that curves to the less students to ensure attrition for poor students. This is reflected in when the students go head to head on boards and in externships.

Also, if you don't like my post, I don't care. :thumbup:

...This is medical school and no school should be that easy that students are pulling down 4.0 GPAs. Does anyone disagree with this?...
I think 4.0 should be possible if people work hard enough to get it. Like I said, some profs only give out 3 or 5 A's in their class. I found that out firsthand a couple times when I ask for my 89.x percent final grade to get bumped and was told, "sorry, but I want an 'A' in my class to mean something. You have to be a truly elite student and you didn't quite distinguish youself as that." It might have made me a bit upset, but I can't really argue with the logic.

If someone consistently finishes at or near the top in the tough classes, then yeah, they the are consistently "truly elite" and might get a 4.0 or darn close.

...It really would make a lot of sense to me for all pod schools to adopt a uniform grading policy, though. Some have only solid letter grades, some have letters with +/-, and others have only 70-100 grades.

dr feelgood
if you can justify in your own mind "rightly" telling some one that you think they are a med school reject , then my good dr. your personality is beyond me.
beyond dr. "make others feellikecrap"- i did not post that some much to change him, as to show circle that there are podiatry students that don’t ACT like the typical Mighty MD student.

so pay no attention to dr feelgood circle, to me it seems to me that dpm students are on average more respectful then other professions
something im proud to write.
i interpited your educational listing as impressive and im glad your finding success with your gpa

ill leave it at that

dr feelgood
if you can justify in your own mind "rightly" telling some one that you think they are a med school reject , then my good dr. your personality is beyond me.
beyond dr. "make others feellikecrap"- i did not post that some much to change him, as to show circle that there are podiatry students that don't ACT like the typical Mighty MD student.

so pay no attention to dr feelgood circle, to me it seems to me that dpm students are on average more respectful then other professions
something im proud to write.
i interpited your educational listing as impressive and im glad your finding success with your gpa

Is it a generational thing to ignore the rules of punctuation, capitalization, and improper spelling? If it is, I am not shock the the American school system stinks.

Just for my own info, what school do you attend? I would say that you last comment is not very informed. You may run into a few egos in MD and DO programs but they also much much larger. There are many egos in podiatry.

As you have interrupted post let me interrupt yours, you are new and you know little to nothing. I am impressed with your ignorance.

Love,
Dr. "make others feellikecrap"

dr feelgood
WOW! i think your last post better proved my point more then my poor grammar could have ever done. so much uncalled for hostility. my positive view of dpm students may be ignorant, but ill hold on to it none the less thank you very much :) .
you can email me further debate, i dont think any one wants to read the squabbling
ill stop posting on this thread
besides
i think dr feelgood is having a bad day

dr feelgood
WOW! i think your last post better proved my point more then my poor grammar could have ever done. so much uncalled for hostility. my positive view of dpm students may be ignorant, but ill hold on to it none the less thank you very much :) .
you can email me further debate, i dont think any one wants to read the squabbling
ill stop posting on this thread
besides
i think dr feelgood is having a bad day

I'm having a great day. I'm not going to sit here and listen to a pre-pod tell me about podiatry. Just to display how ignorant you are let's look at the first post in this string:

Feli,

That sounds like circle is being very respectful as you mentioned all pod students (except me) are. I'm guessing you took offense to my post b/c you are in the situation I described, a 24 year old pre-med student that is desperate to be a doctor but can't think his way out of a paper bag. Tough break. Good luck, I'm sure if you apply to these sub-par programs you'll get in. I feel sorry for you future patients. But if the pre-pod thing doesn't work out you can get a job as a proofreader for MAD magazine.

Status
Not open for further replies.