Azusa Pacific February 2015

Started by tke
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
They originally asked me to interview on May 2, but I wasn't able to make that, so I will be interviewing on June 13. That's the same day they will be having an information session. Thank you! Good luck to you as well, hopefully you hear back soon!
 
They originally asked me to interview on May 2, but I wasn't able to make that, so I will be interviewing on June 13. That's the same day they will be having an information session. Thank you! Good luck to you as well, hopefully you hear back soon!
Would you mind sharing your pre req gap? I have a 3.0 without retailers and a 3.35 overall so not sure if I will be competitive enough for an interview🙁
 
Would you mind sharing your pre req gap? I have a 3.0 without retailers and a 3.35 overall so not sure if I will be competitive enough for an interview🙁
Retakes haha
Would you mind sharing your pre req gap? I have a 3.0 without retailers and a 3.35 overall so not sure if I will be competitive enough for an interview🙁
 
On PTCAS, it was a 3.14, so pretty low, but cumulative and upper division class gpa are high.
 
I really want an interview too! How do you know it takes 6-8 weeks? Did you contact them? I also submitted near the end of March. The waiting game is killing me ugh.
 
I really want an interview too! How do you know it takes 6-8 weeks? Did you contact them? I also submitted near the end of March. The waiting game is killing me ugh.
I emailed them asking how long and they also sent an email saying there's a high volume of applicants so it would take about 6 weeks. I sent my application in end of February but it didnt officially get processed until end of March! I hope that doesn't mean there's a lot of competition 🙁
 
Hey do any of you guys know if they accept students up until the Feb start date? Or do they fill the class by a certain date?
 
Has anyone heard from them? I've been dying to hear from them and then they send this email today
Thank you for your interest and application to Azusa Pacific University Doctor of Physical Therapy Program. The Admissions Committee has received your application for the class entering spring 2015. At this time, due to the high volume of applications, initial decisions will be made by July 31, 2014 with a final decision by December 1, 2014.

We recognize that you may need to make plans with other professional programs while you await our final decision and regret any inconvenience this response may cause you. If you do not wish to wait for the final decision, please contact our DPT department to cancel your application. We do hope you will decide to remain a candidate.

If an admission decision is made before the end of July, we will make every effort to notify you about your status.

Did anyone else receive this? What does this mean?? Their previous email said 6 weeks and now this... WHY
 
Has anyone heard from them? I've been dying to hear from them and then they send this email today
Thank you for your interest and application to Azusa Pacific University Doctor of Physical Therapy Program. The Admissions Committee has received your application for the class entering spring 2015. At this time, due to the high volume of applications, initial decisions will be made by July 31, 2014 with a final decision by December 1, 2014.

We recognize that you may need to make plans with other professional programs while you await our final decision and regret any inconvenience this response may cause you. If you do not wish to wait for the final decision, please contact our DPT department to cancel your application. We do hope you will decide to remain a candidate.

If an admission decision is made before the end of July, we will make every effort to notify you about your status.

Did anyone else receive this? What does this mean?? Their previous email said 6 weeks and now this... WHY
yes, I received it the other day
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone heard anything? I'm slowly dying here waiting for their response.... I went to their preview day and talked to a girl who submitted her application the same time I did, and she already got an interview bahh
I called the school to see if anyone has gotten rejected and she wasn't sure...so I'm wondering if they're saving the rejections for last? Well, at least I haven't gotten rejected yet I suppose.
Or am I trippin?
 
Just found out I was accepted for the Feb 2015 class! Any fellow classmates out there??
What no way! Congrats 🙂
If you don't mind me asking, what are your stats? When did you apply? And lastly, when did you hear from them for an interview and when was it?
I'm dying to get into this school but am waiting until July 31, like they said, to hear an initial response. I just need some sort of info to ease my mind.
Again congrats!
 
They could possibly be sending out updates next week. I have an interview tomorrow so it is possible they are busy with interviews now and be planning on sending updates after this round of interviews are over. Also, I know Anel was out of the office last week so perhaps they are behind schedule?
 
They could possibly be sending out updates next week. I have an interview tomorrow so it is possible they are busy with interviews now and be planning on sending updates after this round of interviews are over. Also, I know Anel was out of the office last week so perhaps they are behind schedule?
Thanks for the update! That makes me feel a lot better.. Good luck on your interview! Please update us (more like me...) on how it is 🙂. Anel was out of the office, so that could be true too. I really appreciate your comment.
 
After the interview I was told that a decision is not made until the next faculty meeting, which is planned for sometime this week. However, they said that I might not hear anything until the beginning of next month. So I'm hoping that I will hear something in a week or two and they just say a month to give themselves extra time in case something comes up or for some reason the faculty can't meet.

As for my interview, I think it went ok. I feel like my answers to their questions were good however when I am nervous I am not as articulate and tend to speak fast and almost ramble -__- I was interviewed by two professors along with another hopeful student. After that they asked me two questions one on one. Then there is a written portion with two essay questions. Everyone was very nice and made me feel comfortable.
 
After the interview I was told that a decision is not made until the next faculty meeting, which is planned for sometime this week. However, they said that I might not hear anything until the beginning of next month. So I'm hoping that I will hear something in a week or two and they just say a month to give themselves extra time in case something comes up or for some reason the faculty can't meet.

As for my interview, I think it went ok. I feel like my answers to their questions were good however when I am nervous I am not as articulate and tend to speak fast and almost ramble -__- I was interviewed by two professors along with another hopeful student. After that they asked me two questions one on one. Then there is a written portion with two essay questions. Everyone was very nice and made me feel comfortable.
Wow next month?? What is taking so long 🙁 If you don't mind me asking, what are your stats? I know I have a low GPA but a lot of great extracurriculars.. so I'm afraid that my GPA is going to hold me back. Also, when did you apply?
 
Wow next month?? What is taking so long 🙁 If you don't mind me asking, what are your stats? I know I have a low GPA but a lot of great extracurriculars.. so I'm afraid that my GPA is going to hold me back. Also, when did you apply?

I applied in March right before the deadline. I have a 3.83 GPA but actually graduate next week (BS in kinesiology), I'm taking my last pre-req so it should go up slightly because I am pretty sure I will get A's. I'm not sure what my pre-req GPA is exactly but probably around a 3.6 or so because I got a couple Bs. GRE was 160 Verbal, 148 Quantitative, and 4.5 Writing. I completed a 120 hour outpatient clinic internship along with 40 hours of observation inpatient at a hospital. As for extracurriculars I was a Division 1 athlete for two years, a two time academic all-american, Dean's list, 2 year AXO sorority member, and VP Scholarship of the Panhellenic Council for one year. But I'm with you I hope it doesn't take a whole month for them to make a decision.
 
I just interviewed for the Feb 2015 start date! I applied in October. The interview, like others said, is with one other candidate, and 2 faculty. They asked these questions, in alternation:
- Why do you want to become a PT?
- The APU academic program is rigorous and accelerated: how are you prepared to succeed? (i.e. what are your study habits and strategies)?
- Why APU?
- They ask you if you have any questions for them... be prepared!
There is an essay portion that follows the interview-- either before or after-- and they give you 15 minutes to complete it.
Good luck!
 
After the interview I was told that a decision is not made until the next faculty meeting, which is planned for sometime this week. However, they said that I might not hear anything until the beginning of next month. So I'm hoping that I will hear something in a week or two and they just say a month to give themselves extra time in case something comes up or for some reason the faculty can't meet.

As for my interview, I think it went ok. I feel like my answers to their questions were good however when I am nervous I am not as articulate and tend to speak fast and almost ramble -__- I was interviewed by two professors along with another hopeful student. After that they asked me two questions one on one. Then there is a written portion with two essay questions. Everyone was very nice and made me feel comfortable.
Hi there,

I was wondering if you could share what questions they asked you in your interview?