[b]anyone Leaving Behind A Girlfriend Or Boyfriend[/b]

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
As a veteran long-distancer, I am fine with the upcoming change (only because I have done it before and came out ok). My bf and i did LD for 3 years in undergrad, have finally been reuined in the same town for 2yrs, and now i will be leaving for dental school in august. When we first started dating he always knew my ambitions came before him. Although I love him dearly, he is not my #1 priority (not until we're married anyway). I think being LD will be good in dental school b/c it allows u more time to focus w/ less distraction (at least it was that way for me in undergrad).

I'm not going to say i'm not scared--b/c the sight of intelligent men in scrubs is VERY appealing :p but i'm happy with my b.f. He is my rock and will continue to be through the next 4 years. I am confident in our relationship.

And for all of you out there who are wishy-washy about LD, when i started it i was SURE we were gonna break up a dozen times, but we never did, rarely fought, and it worked out well. THere's is hope! Take it day by day. that's what ive been doing and lo and behold....4.5 years later.... going strong :)

Members don't see this ad.

tam0026 said:
As a veteran long-distancer, I am fine with the upcoming change (only because I have done it before and came out ok). My bf and i did LD for 3 years in undergrad, have finally been reuined in the same town for 2yrs, and now i will be leaving for dental school in august. When we first started dating he always knew my ambitions came before him. Although I love him dearly, he is not my #1 priority (not until we're married anyway). I think being LD will be good in dental school b/c it allows u more time to focus w/ less distraction (at least it was that way for me in undergrad).

I'm not going to say i'm not scared--b/c the sight of intelligent men in scrubs is VERY appealing :p but i'm happy with my b.f. He is my rock and will continue to be through the next 4 years. I am confident in our relationship.

And for all of you out there who are wishy-washy about LD, when i started it i was SURE we were gonna break up a dozen times, but we never did, rarely fought, and it worked out well. THere's is hope! Take it day by day. that's what ive been doing and lo and behold....4.5 years later.... going strong :)
your story gives me hope, hopefully it will work out the same for me. good luck with the next 4 years. i just hope that if my relationship ends it will not be on horrible terms. the worse thing about love is that a lot of the time you end up hating the person you love the most. isnt that ironic? if you dont end up hating them, it may end on good terms, or it may turn into something that blossoms, but those are the rantings of a romantic

frogger33 said:
What is g-mail??

gmail is an email offered by google but only by invitation. Huge storage space of 1000 mebabites. This service is not available to public yet.

Members don't see this ad :)
DDS2BE said:
gmail is an email offered by google but only by invitation. Huge storage space of 1000 mebabites. This service is not available to public yet.

I've got some invites if anyone wants an account. Send me an e-mail at [email protected].

blumnday99 said:
I've got some invites if anyone wants an account. Send me an e-mail at [email protected].
Gmail rocks....i got 98 invites left..........are they gonna start charging for gmail after its beta stage?

egpndoc said:
ANYONE LEAVING BEHIND A GIRLFRIEND OR BOYFRIEND

Is anyone leaving behind a gf or bf to go to dental school? How are you handling this? Any advice from someone who has already done it? How do you say goodbye?

I am leaving behind two girls that I have had for two years and a third just left me to go to med school.

Never could get them all 3 together at once but they didnt have any problem with me dating the 3 of them.

I hope that I can get a few lined up in dental school.

I hear that those dental women are pretty easy...

It seems to me that many of these replies are coming from those
who have already made the decision to leave their significant other.
I on the other hand am in the unfortunate position of trying to decide
whether or not I want to go away for school or to stay in the same
city as my boyfriend. Is anyone in the same boat? While we've
only been together for a year, I love him with all my heart. Is it a
bad idea to make a decision based solely on another person??

I think if you do so he will cheat on you repeatedly.

BUT on the good side, you may be going to my school which will allow you to cheat on him with me !!!

So good for me, good for you, and good for him.

ITS A WIN WIN WIN situation for all 3 of us.

I cant wait to meet you !