B&N vs. Amazon for FA 2009

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PDsquash83

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So anybody have an idea why amazon.com has FA 2009 this week and Barnes and Nobles is only coming out with it on January 9th?

Members don't see this ad.

Because it was originally planned on being released on January 9th, but McGraw-Hill (Amazon also possibly) have had it available since December 11th.

If you order through BN right now you'll get 25% off your order if you use the coupon code that's expiring tonight (plus a little more if your a BN member). So you're talking FA 2009 for about $20

B&N is much cheaper right now. I bought mine a couple days ago for $28 total and just received an email that it is shipping Monday.

Right now, the prices have gone up a bit, but it is $28 pre-tax for members.

Idk how much it is at Borders vs. Amazon, but you can often find a 30% off coupon code for Borders if you do a google search.

Members don't see this ad :)
Because it was originally planned on being released on January 9th, but McGraw-Hill (Amazon also possibly) have had it available since December 11th.

If you order through BN right now you'll get 25% off your order if you use the coupon code that's expiring tonight (plus a little more if your a BN member). So you're talking FA 2009 for about $20

It probably does cost just that much without the errata list :laugh:

I got First Aid 2009 from B&N as well and it ended up being $23 including tax.
Should be here next week.

Well, I have FA09 in hand :D

Got mine last week too. I originally pre-ordered it 6 months ago, but for some reason Amazon didn't ship it when it came out, so I canceled the my pre-order and bought it again. It was here the very next day (Dec 23).

i just saw the FA 2009, its two books right?
one that is organ system and the other is basic science principles.

i suppose i'm biased since i've been using 2008 for so long but i'm not sure if i like the text book format of the new one.

anyone elses thoughts?

i just saw the FA 2009, its two books right?
one that is organ system and the other is basic science principles.

i suppose i'm biased since i've been using 2008 for so long but i'm not sure if i like the text book format of the new one.

Well they do have:
First Aid for the Basic Sciences Organ Systems
First Aid for the Basic Sciences General Principles
First Aid 2009

But those first two books are a more complete review of the first two years. The FA2009 and FA2008 are very similar, but FA2009 updated to reflect feedback from the 2008 exam.

Last edited:
Does anyone know why amazon's price is still at full price for First Aid 2009? I thought amazon usually discounts their books, at least similar to barnes and nobles price. I prefer to buy through amazon because I have a prime account.

Does anyone know why amazon's price is still at full price for First Aid 2009? I thought amazon usually discounts their books, at least similar to barnes and nobles price. I prefer to buy through amazon because I have a prime account.

They used to match prices for 30 days, so if their prices went down after you purchased a product they would give you the difference back. They dropped that policy back in September '08. I think it'll be full price as long as they can milk us to pay :).

[I just checked the B&N price... I regret buying it from Amazon :(.. I have both Prime and B&N member card]