BA requirments

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vbmith

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
Is there any way I can use my nationally accredited bachelor's degree to earn a Regionally accredited bachelor's degree.

I know many DO schools only accept regional accreditation

DropkickMurphy

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is there any way I can use my nationally accredited bachelor's degree to earn a Regionally accredited bachelor's degree.

I know many DO schools only accept regional accreditation
Is it hard to breathe with your head that far up your own ass?

vbmith

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'll try to explain my situation a little better:
There are many associations of higher learning that are accredited and may issue bachelors and masters degrees. Here is the completes list:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...associations_of_higher_learning#United_States
of them only 6 are considered regionally accredited (RA).
I applied to medical school and they informed me that my BA was granted by a non-regionally accredited institution although it is nationally accredited by the Association of Advanced Rabbinic and Talmudic Schools.
I was looking into options that would allow me to earn a RA bachelor's.
I have 34 credits from a RA university (starting 5 years back) and I have 124 from a nationally accredited college.
I have researched into Thomas Edison State College and Charter Oak College but they seem to only accept transfers from RA colleges.
Then I found out about Exelsior and they write that they only accept "limited" credits from institutions that are accredited by the Association of Advanced Rabbinic and Talmudic Schools.
I have a medical school that is willing to accept me but I must have a BA by the end of July.
I would appreciate any input

sunnyjohn

Got Mustard?
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Have you spoken DIRECTLY with the admissions people at Charter Oak?

Tired Pigeon

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hmmm ... does your med school have any advice for you? What about the university that granted your degree -- likely they have had graduates deal with this issue before. Never heard of this particular situation myself.:confused:

Anyway, I hope it works out for you.

vbmith

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
It's pretty unprecedented. People have gotten into non-osteopathic schools with no problem: NYU, U of Maryland, Albert Einstein etc'
This seems to be unique to osteopathic medcial schools.
I haven't been able to get through to charter oak because of the holiday weekend but the policy is on their sight.