Baby in third year

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.

caronirona

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So... long story short a kid is due during what will be my very first clinical rotation next year. I know a year off is definitely a possibility especially if something goes wrong, but let's say everything goes to plan and I recover quickly... has anyone seen someone successfully stay on track having a kid in third year? My school has a 6 week elective block that I could possibly use. As far as childcare, finances, etc goes I already have that worked out.

Mainly, when I go in to talk to my school I want to make sure I can help come up with and explore all my options. The dean I have to talk is not known for being overly kind or reassuring.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.